hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In addition to showing it before the game, it was also shown after the penalty miss (not sure why), but I'd assume this is where the media have picked it up.
    I think they are trying to contruct his alibi.

By showing it after the penalty they are hoping his lawyer can say, 'He was just showing how the keeper nearly go his hand to it'!!

As CropleyWG said....a definite conspiracy.

By the end of the week he'll be a sensitive, caring individual who spend countless hours helping the needy in his community.

P.S. I think if our keeper had practised his 'salutes' he might have saved it!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Apparently some Spurs fan posting on facebook trying to track the silly wee laddie down - might not end well.
    Although he's a prize bellend, I would imagine this is internet posturing and nothing will come of it.

He's already been condemned as a national idiot, his place at Vale of Leithen must under scrutiny and he'll have a court date soon enough.

A ban from football is perfectly reasonable but anything above that is an infringement of his civil liberties and right to free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    In addition to showing it before the game, it was also shown after the penalty miss (not sure why), but I'd assume this is where the media have picked it up.
    Ah right, I had my head in my hands after the pen so must have missed it. Like another poster says though, lazy journalism!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Don't think it's illegal per se.

However, to quote the EEN, "the man had been charged with making offensive gestures".

To be offensive, one must prove offence. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone that was offended.
    So who was actually offended at the time? Does it not have to be someone there to report it? Was it even reported? And then if it transpires that no-one at the time reported him then no-one was offended.

I hear Brutus speaking in the backgorund, 'Then none have I offended'.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    So who was actually offended at the time? Does it not have to be someone there to report it? Was it even reported? And then if it transpires that no-one at the time reported him then no-one was offended.

I hear Brutus speaking in the backgorund, 'Then none have I offended'.
    According to the reports, it was Hearts themselves who reported it to the police.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    CWG, I salute you. You've actually used the word "refute" accurately - to mean 'disprove'. This is the first time on the Internet anywhere I can remember someone doing this.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard ignorant (and guilty) politicians saying things like "I refute these allegations" when the word they should use is "deny".

Mangling the English language is pedant abuse. Thank you for your accuracy.
    It is slightly ironic that you praise the accurate use of a Germanic language in a thread about a Nazi saluter.

According to the reports, it was Hearts themselves who reported it to the police.
    I did not know that CWG. Interesting. Maybe thinking if they can ban him they can get someone else in his seat. Sell 2 season tickets for 1 seat.

Only big clubs can do that!

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    The reaction to this is completely ott.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    A ban from football is perfectly reasonable but anything above that is an infringement of his civil liberties and right to free speech.
    If that was the case, hate crimes and/or discrimination wouldn't exist in law.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The right to free speech comes with certain responsibilities though. Anybody has the right to articulate a certain point of view no matter how distasteful or barmy it might be.

But the Nazi salute only has one meaning ..... that the person doing it is showing support or sympathy for an ideology which systematically murdered millions of people and holds that certain sections of the human race are 'sub human' and no better than animals. There is no place for reasoned debate on the subject.

Free speech gives a person the right to espouse a theory that for example white people are intellectually superior to black people. It does not give that person the right to support or articulate a theory that says they should be subjugated or exterminated because of it.

I find it pretty galling that folk seem to dismiss what this guy did.

Appalling behaviour IMHO from a team and set of fans who have close connections to the war (Macraes Battalion) and whose current strip is connected to this.

There is no place in football for this kind of behaviour in anyway shape or form and is as bad if not worse than the bigots in the west.

My opinion mind.

And if HMFC has indeed reported this then well done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

Appalling behaviour IMHO from a team and set of fans who have close connections to the war (Macraes Battalion) and whose current strip is connected to this.

There is no place in football for this kind of behaviour in anyway shape or form and is as bad if not worse than the bigots in the west.

My opinion mind.

Well said mate, I hope they throw the book at him.

We've all flirted with notorious far right politics to gain attention in our nihilistic youth. I once invaded Poland because I wasn't allowed to set up my subbuteo in the front room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    We've all flirted with notorious far right politics to gain attention in our nihilistic youth. I once invaded Poland because I wasn't allowed to set up my subbuteo in the front room.

I annexed the Germanic speaking sections of the old Ottoman Empire just after my Ma' refused to buy me a pair of sky-blue sta-press.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sad how quickly they moved from winning WWI to supporting the enemy in WWII.

Seen plenty of these buffoons doing it at Tynie before and have seen it loads at Ibrox as well. A few years ago in the middle of our beautiful city packed with tourists an Orange walk was allowed along Princes St and the tail end of this was packed with Rangers shirted, Nazi saluting thugs.

Never let them forget this undercurrent they have running through their support. Hearts have moved quickly to diffuse this as a little scratch under the surface will unearth a lot of this unsavoury thinking in their support.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 19-08-2014 at 02:41 PM.

I heard that you and your mum were in collusion on the Subbuteo situation so that it could be used as a pretext for invading Poland.

@hibs.net private member
    Many congratulations to hearts for doing that. If more clubs would follow suit we might see and end to the more unwanted side to football. They've been criticised plenty in the past year and quite correctly. This time they have acted quickly and correctly in my view.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It was the annexation of the Sudetenland for me, We kicked our ball over the border and they wouldn't give us it back so there really wasn't any realistic alternative.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Many congratulations to hearts for doing that. If more clubs would follow suit we might see and end to the more unwanted side to football. They've been criticised plenty in the past year and quite correctly. This time they have acted quickly and correctly in my view.
    A very positive move IMO and maybe the new ownership may see a positive move in that direction where previously there appeared to be too much tolerance of lets say the more extreme members of their support. Can only be a good thing in the long run if it is maintained.

My opinion mind.

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Sad how quickly they moved from winning WWI to supporting the enemy in WWII.

Seen plenty of these buffoons doing it at Tynie before and have seen it loads at Ibrox as well. A few years ago in the middle of our beautiful city packed with tourists an Orange walk was allowed along Princes St and the tail end of this was packed with Rangers shirted, Nazi saluting thugs.

Never let them forget this undercurrent they have running through their support. Hearts have moved quickly to diffuse this as a little scratch under the surface will unearth a lot of this unsavoury thinking in their support.
    I remeber walking down easter road before a derby match (must have been maybe 2 years ago or something) and there was a group of jambo mutants doing it from across the road. A few hibs fans shouted back but amazingly the police never seemed to take action (well not that I saw anyway) despite it happeneing right under their noses.

Defo don't want to tar all jambos with the same brush because there are many jambos out there that would be disgusted by their fellow fans doing such thing but there certainly is a very dark, vile element in their support.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Surely it was a "Red hand of Ulster / Loyalist" salute not a Nazi one, sure I heard thats what all the the Rangers fans do!

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    I remeber walking down easter road before a derby match (must have been maybe 2 years ago or something) and there was a group of jambo mutants doing it from across the road. A few hibs fans shouted back but amazingly the police never seemed to take action (well not that I saw anyway) despite it happeneing right under their noses.

Defo don't want to tar all jambos with the same brush because there are many jambos out there that would be disgusted by their fellow fans doing such thing but there certainly is a very dark, vile element in their support.
    There might be a few and quite a few might think what a p***k but I think most would not be disgusted! Well, not one of them reported him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Even the Yams don't deserve to be condemned over the actions of one stupid little moron who when he grows up will hopefully be aware of history enough to realise what a prat he was and be ashamed of it.
    The thing is, this is nothing new from Hearts supporters. It's not just this guy. Loads more of them have been doing it for years.

I'm not sure why HOMFC decided to do something about this particular p**** this time.

Israeli flags in one hand, and Nazi salutes with the other. Only the stupid ignorant Yams, copying their heroes from Govan. Sad bunch.

PS: Not every Hearts fan does this, but there's a fair number within their support who are like-minded.

There were three youngsters in the front row of their section next to ours who were holding a union flag. One of them was definitely doing Nazi salutes so I don't know if he's the boy who's been arrested or another one. Hats off to hearts for dealing with this and the vast majority of them dont want this near the ground. They're all season ticket holders apparently so it shouldn't be too hard to get them.

Was there a half-ersed effort at a Serbian flag there too? If they're going to do it they might as well do it right by doing some research and ordering the correct flag.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The thing is, this is nothing new from Hearts supporters. It's not just this guy. Loads more of them have been doing it for years.

I'm not sure why HOMFC decided to do something about this particular p**** this time.

Israeli flags in one hand, and Nazi salutes with the other. Only the stupid ignorant Yams, copying their heroes from Govan. Sad bunch.

PS: Not every Hearts fan does this, but there's a fair number within their support who are like-minded.
    New regime taking a stand, perhaps?

New regime taking a stand, perhaps?
    Could be, especially with lots of WWI commemorations taking place this year they won't want this sort of embarrassment.

@hibs.net private member

My opinion mind.

Agree 100% - find it bizarre and genuinely unbelievable that anyone would even try and defend this by saying he's young, who hasn't done something daft at a football game at that age etc etc. Total nonsense. At 21 your well and truly an adult but even if he was 16/17 thats no excuse.

Myself and my mates have managed to collectively attend 100's of games (including a fair few derbies) without throwing around Nazi salutes or engaging in any other kind of behaviour that would never in a million years be tolerated in other public places. The fact its in a football ground is totally irrelevant.

In terms of football (i.e. attendance at games) he should have the book thrown at him. I have no idea what the actual law in regarding this but if the police believe he has committed a criminal offence then good luck to them in prosecuting.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    It was the annexation of the Sudetenland for me, We kicked our ball over the border and they wouldn't give us it back so there really wasn't any realistic alternative.
    My poor geographical knowledge at the time led me to annex Sunderland by mistake.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!