hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs Managers and Hard Luck Stories

"To come away with a defeat feels as if we have been robbed"

"we’ve faced our two potentially biggest rivals and to come away from those games with nothing has not been the right outcome."

Alan Stubbs

If Alan is reading this, I'd like to make a request.

Could you please not give us the same Hard Luck Stories we've been hearing for the last seven years.

We got beat in both matches because we scored less than the opposition. That is what it ultimately comes down too. You can point to extenuating circumstances occasionally, e.g. the red card at Ibrox, but the fact is that we also missed a barrowload of chances to finish them off.

If we lose, I want to hear the Manager say that anything less than a win is unnaceptable and that the team and Management must do better. Also, playing prettily and getting beat is still a defeat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    He's right, though. If we deserved to take something from the games then the players need some credit for it. If credit isn't given when it's due then we're back to where we were under that ring piece Butcher, where players were scared to make a pass or make a run. If he wants to talk the players up in the press then maybe you should let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's right, though. If we deserved to take something from the games then the players need some credit for it. If credit isn't given when it's due then we're back to where we were under that ring piece Butcher, where players were scared to make a pass or make a run. If he wants to talk the players up in the press then maybe you should let him.

He can talk up the individual contributions of some players and leave out the hard luck, didn't deserve to lose cr*p. I've heard enough 'working well in the training and need to transfer it to the game' type stuff to last a lifetime.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I would rather he explained why he never made a substitution until we were chasing the game.

I've pretty much given up reading news in the press about Hibs, I want the club to start doing its talking on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    "To come away with a defeat feels as if we have been robbed"

"we’ve faced our two potentially biggest rivals and to come away from those games with nothing has not been the right outcome."

Alan Stubbs

If Alan is reading this, I'd like to make a request.

Could you please not give us the same Hard Luck Stories we've been hearing for the last seven years.

We got beat in both matches because we scored less than the opposition. That is what it ultimately comes down too. You can point to extenuating circumstances occasionally, e.g. the red card at Ibrox, but the fact is that we also missed a barrowload of chances to finish them off.

If we lose, I want to hear the Manager say that anything less than a win is unnaceptable and that the team and Management must do better. Also, playing prettily and getting beat is still a defeat.
    Let's be honest it doesn't matter what the manager says after a defeat it's how we respond to the defeat is what counts.

United we stand here....

He should be telling us what was going through his head when he kept on Scott Robertson against rangers which cost us the game and against hearts which has cost us the game again. Should've Taken him off when he got cramp vs rangers and when he got booked yesterday.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    If he had made his substitutions at the correct times yesterday then he would be in the press today potentially taking plaudits for a long awaited victory against them. At the very least he would be talking about building on a decent draw. Leaving Robertson on at Ibrox when he was blowing out his hoop cost us the winner that night as well. He's gonna have to learn from these same mistakes. Quickly!

Our bench was so much stronger than theirs yesterday, to sit back and make no changes whilst Robbie ****ing Neilson made the correct changes to win the game was unbearable to watch.

Out managed by a guy who looked like he had been busking on Gorgie Road.

Robbie ****ing Neilson 😫

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    He should be telling us what was going through his head when he kept on Scott Robertson against rangers which cost us the game and against hearts which has cost us the game again. Should've Taken him off when he got cramp vs rangers and when he got booked yesterday.
    Just finished saying the exact same thing. The worrying thing is just how obvious this was both times. It's not a situation where we are saying this with hindsight. I was screaming it for 20+ minutes at both games!!

What do people expect the manager to say? All public comments will be as positive as they can manage to make them.

The delays in making substitutions is a slight worry but I'll wait a few weeks to see if it's a problem or if Stubbs is willing to make changes (tactical or personnel) earlier in the game.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    What do people expect the manager to say? All public comments will be as positive as they can manage to make them.

The delays in making substitutions is a slight worry but I'll wait a few weeks to see if it's a problem or if Stubbs is willing to make changes (tactical or personnel) earlier in the game.
    Its easy being a supporter and being so sure the manager isnt doing the right thing. Had we not missed the pen and had we taken the,sitters we missed at either of our defeats we would be praising him so much. The good thing for me from the game is that they had to boot us at every turn. Hopefully we will be ready for them next time.

Totally agree with the OP.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Its easy being a supporter and being so sure the manager isnt doing the right thing. Had we not missed the pen and had we taken the,sitters we missed at either of our defeats we would be praising him so much. The good thing for me from the game is that they had to boot us at every turn. Hopefully we will be ready for them next time.
    The key word there is 'had'. We didn't do those things and that's why Stubbs has been criticised.

Yeah, it's getting a bit boring.

At the end of last season there were plenty of games where we played...not good...but 'okay...ish' for 45 minutes and were probably overall the better side but lost 1-0 or whatever.

Now, I could get behind what he's saying if we played like 2005 Hibs and still lost...but it's just more of the same really in this instance.

What do you want him to do? Refuse to give interviews because a few fans ard sick of interviews? Or do you want him to stand infront of the camera and read excerpts from a Harry Potter book?

I'm pretty sure AS wouldn't ask for it, but I think the supporters could maybe cut the guy a wee bit of slack seeing he's just into the job.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Remind me what our manager said when Spary's rocket off the crossbar that bounced a yard behind the line wasn't given.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I've pretty much given up reading news in the press about Hibs, I want the club to start doing its talking on the pitch.
    Same here mate - I can't be bothered reading all the same stuff over and over.

It's easy to talk the talk.

Me too.

Could hardly tell you anything that Stubbs has said since arriving and I'm only interested in what happens during the 90 minutes each week.

I agree with the majority Stubbs needs to learn fast when to make a game changing sub

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Stubbs is still learning his trade. I don't know why we are in such a froth for not winning away from home, when the problem that he has been brought in to address is that last season we couldn't string two passes together, never mind actually win a game.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I agree with the majority Stubbs needs to learn fast when to make a game changing sub
    It`s the easiest thing in the world to sit at a pc and criticize the manager Lets give him time to sort things out We are only 2 games into the season so get a grip all you pc managers

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    It`s the easiest thing in the world to sit at a pc and criticize the manager Lets give him time to sort things out We are only 2 games into the season so get a grip all you pc managers
    Im not being critical...nor sat at a PC. Been at last 2 matches and it was obvious subs were needed earlier. ..hopefully it's lesson learnt. Had Robbo been subbed when blowing oot his erse we wouldnt have suffered a red card or the penalty.

@hibs.net private member
    This x1000