hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

What's happened to the ST money.

Surely it hasn't all been spent yet, the club asked the fans to agree to keep ST prices at the same price so that they could rebuild the team, but so far we have brought in two loan players a goalie/coach and is it three players signed on contracts, seemingly the club have sold 7000 ST, now i don't no how much money that is brought in for the managers fund but there surely must be a fair whack left over, or am i missing something here, we were told all ST money would go towards getting new players in but has this been the case or are we about to go mental and get a few badly needed players in this week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I hope it hasn't went to the new coaching recruitment drive (Stubbs, Doolan, Holden).

It's a fair question SH and perhaps someone brighter than me can recall a list of those we have had to pay off, as I suspect a large chunk of it has gone on sorting out Petrie's excellent hiring and firing record.

I'm sure someone once said, maybe Hibs themselves, that we make about £200 per ST when averaged out to include all categories. 7000ish sold at £200 is about £1.4M.

Even if we allow that the managers fund must include wages for new players on top of fees paid we can't have spent that much, not even close. There must still be money available if all ST sales are going to the manager.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope it hasn't went to the new coaching recruitment drive (Stubbs, Doolan, Holden).
    The top heavy coaching staff has to be paid for somehow. We only have one pot (cup) of money.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Wages for the rest of the season?

LD /RP has said that ALL st monies was to be used for new players only.
    I could be wrong here but im sure we had only sold 5.5k sts when the last new player came in.
    That means we should have at least 1.5 st cash left,,
    Probably totally wrong though

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Are we not still paying to maintain messrs Butcher, Malpas and Marsella's gardens?

AS has had players up on trial and sent them packing coz he didnt rate them.
    I'd rather we did that than bring in guys who couldnt hack it after we sign them. We've been there before.

I've no doubt we'll bring players in before the end of the month. Keep the faith guys.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    LD /RP has said that ALL st monies was to be used for new players only.
    I could be wrong here but im sure we had only sold 5.5k sts when the last new player came in.
    That means we should have at least 1.5 st cash left,,
    Probably totally wrong though
    Was it specifically players or did they say all monies goes towards the team, or the playing side or some such thing?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Are we not still paying to maintain messrs Butcher, Malpas and Marsella's gardens?
    That's NOT what we were categorically promised the ST money. It was for the player budget. Unless we've been lied to again?

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    I was just asking a question. I don't want implicated in the latest Hibs.net fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Was it specifically players or did they say all monies goes towards the team, or the playing side or some such thing?
    Quote from HFC...
    Buy a season ticket and your cash goes to manager to bring in new players
    Thats been the message from the board for a few years now

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by THE WEEGE View Post
    AS has had players up on trial and sent them packing coz he didnt rate them.
    I'd rather we did that than bring in guys who couldnt hack it after we sign them. We've been there before.

I've no doubt we'll bring players in before the end of the month. Keep the faith guys.

Id rather we had a scouting system in place that weed out the players not good enough before letting them have a trial. We are threadbare, still missing players in key positions and it's showing. Hibs are never ready for the start of the season. If we do bring players in before the end of the month we better not hear the usual lines of 'the new players need time to gel'

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Surely it hasn't all been spent yet, the club asked the fans to agree to keep ST prices at the same price so that they could rebuild the team, but so far we have brought in two loan players a goalie/coach and is it three players signed on contracts, seemingly the club have sold 7000 ST, now i don't no how much money that is brought in for the managers fund but there surely must be a fair whack left over, or am i missing something here, we were told all ST money would go towards getting new players in but has this been the case or are we about to go mental and get a few badly needed players in this week.
    I've been thinking the same for a while, we released 18 players and we've brought in 4. We must be paying out much less than we were last season on wages and we've told Nelson he can go as well. I will be disappointed if we don't bring in a few more signings before the window closes, if we don't I'll be expecting an explanation as to why we didn't. With the parachute payment we got and the fact that season ticket sales are similar to last year, relegation can't be used as an excuse.

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Id rather we had a scouting system in place that weed out the players not good enough before letting them have a trial. We are threadbare, still missing players in key positions and it's showing. Hibs are never ready for the start of the season. If we do bring players in before the end of the month we better not hear the usual lines of 'the new players need time to gel'
    Totally agree.

While in his defence, Stubbs did come in late, we are supposed to be a leading PROFESsIONAL club!

The way we can't get a squad assembled weeks prior to the start of a season is nothing short of rank amateurism.

And we do it repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    I'm pretty sure we are, but when the rally call came from Leeann Dempster for folk to buy ST it was for the managers fund to bring players in, how many folk would have bought ST if we were told that the money was to go towards paying the three muskteers, plain and simple we were told all money would go on the squad, we have signed more backroom staff than we have players this season, now was it a slip of the tongue when Leeann Dempster said all this stuff or are we still not getting the full truth from folk running the club.

Still waiting for the QUALITY to come in.

Quality over Quantity, that was the mantra.

We've signed a couple of players that appear to be of reasonable Quality. The problem is that we need a damn sight more than that.

Anybody know happened to the £500k parachute payment received from the SPL to soften relegation.
    Thats additional money that could have been put towards the playing side.

Quote Originally Posted by DL1960 View Post
    Anybody know happened to the £500k parachute payment received from the SPL to soften relegation.

Well, either Rod Petrie, STF or both have once again bled us dry and pocketed the lot or...

...it simply has gone into the Bank Account waiting to be spent on things like Players, Coaches and Terry Butcher & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I've been thinking the same for a while, we released 18 players and we've brought in 4. We must be paying out much less than we were last season on wages and we've told Nelson he can go as well. I will be disappointed if we don't bring in a few more signings before the window closes, if we don't I'll be expecting an explanation as to why we didn't. With the parachute payment we got and the fact that season ticket sales are similar to last year, relegation can't be used as an excuse.
    And didn't a number of the younger players have there contracts ripped up and signed new ones on lesser wages as well, with all the cut backs that were made by letting 14 players go, possibly more than that, and with 7000 ST sold there has to be money in the pot to bring in a few more players, with Hanlon out for a few weeks do we go looking for a new CH or keep the we just told to leave the club, i would like to see a striker brought in but Stubbs may think he has enough in that department with big El Cummings Handling and the Heff.

I ask again, where has all the ST money gone.

If we bring in new players the ST money will go on signing on fees and wages.Isn't that pretty obvious?

And didn't a number of the younger players have there contracts ripped up and signed new ones on lesser wages as well, with all the cut backs that were made by letting 14 players go, possibly more than that, and with 7000 ST sold there has to be money in the pot to bring in a few more players, with Hanlon out for a few weeks do we go looking for a new CH or keep the we just told to leave the club, i would like to see a striker brought in but Stubbs may think he has enough in that department with big El Cummings Handling and the Heff.

I ask again, where has all the ST money gone.
    I don't know where it's gone but I know where it hasn't and that's into the managers fund

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If we bring in new players the ST money will go on signing on fees and wages.Isn't that pretty obvious?
    We sign players every year, why would it effect our budget so badly this year. We're paying 10 less wages than we were last season with a similar sized season ticket pot.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by DL1960 View Post

The £500k will be paying the landscape gardeners.

@hibs.net private member
    There's some very very good questions now being asked. Problem I see is were asking one another not the board.

I for one was not going to get a season ticket this year because I was sick and tired of the same old ( supposedly ) football on offer. I was promised quality over quantity which 3 players have come I'n and numerous left. I again renewed my season ticket.

However if I find my money has been used to pay off Butcher et all and not used for players then I see it as a complete and utter lie. I would always support Hibs but I wouldn't believe anything our new female I'n charge said again. GGTTH

I think the idea that all ST money goes towards new players is a misinterpretation of what the club has actually said. The club consistently says that all ST money goes towards the playing budget, so it will currently be in the bank to pay for wages for the rest of the season as Lucy Apples has said. Now that ST sales are pretty much done they will be able to assess whether they can bring any new players in and what sort of additional wages (if any) they can offer.

If, as expected,we made serious losses last year the reduced wages bill is more likely to contribute to reducing losses for the current season rather than bringing new players in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post

If, as expected,we made serious losses last year the reduced wages bill is more likely to contribute to reducing losses for the current season rather than bringing new players in.

Which can be described as 'ever decreasing circles'.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I think the idea that all ST money goes towards new players is a misinterpretation of what the club has actually said. The club consistently says that all ST money goes towards the playing budget, so it will currently be in the bank to pay for wages for the rest of the season as Lucy Apples has said. Now that ST sales are pretty much done they will be able to assess whether they can bring any new players in and what sort of additional wages (if any) they can offer.

You may well be right but that's not what's being implied when the renewal forms are being sent out. The implication is that by buying a season ticket we are funding future signings, if what you say is correct then that would explain why we never make many early signings.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    There's some very very good questions now being asked. Problem I see is were asking one another not the board.

I for one was not going to get a season ticket this year because I was sick and tired of the same old ( supposedly ) football on offer. I was promised quality over quantity which 3 players have come I'n and numerous left. I again renewed my season ticket.

However if I find my money has been used to pay off Butcher et all and not used for players then I see it as a complete and utter lie. I would always support Hibs but I wouldn't believe anything our new female I'n charge said again. GGTTH
    Hibs could always use the account they have on here to answer such questions......
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years