hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could it be that their support is right behind them all the time?
    Not true. They are happy as long as they are beating Hibs. If not, they will turn on them so quickly it will make your head spin.

It's a myth that they support their team better than the Hibs support. I remember their crowds were down below 3,000 at some games when HOMFC were a laughing stock in the days when they were relegated three times in 1976/7, 1978/9 and 1980/81 (staying down for two seasons with no Hibs or Rangers to contend with).

We used to call them the yo-yo club in those days. Lucky if they had a couple of thousand season ticket holders then.

I'm sick and tired of the Hibs supporters being criticised when the blame for the situation the club is in lies elsewhere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Well said EG . When they were down for 2 seasons ,am i right in saying they came up as runners up , as St Mirren won the league .

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said EG . When they were down for 2 seasons ,am i right in saying they came up as runners up , as St Mirren won the league .

Ggtth
    Yes mate, they came up as runners up in 1982/3 after they were down for two seasons. It was actually St Johnstone who won the old first division though, not St Mirren.