hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon Over

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think we could very well make the play offs, but which one?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't argue with any of that. Hearts really have hit the ground running and the proof is in the pudding. Our board are a shambles and to be brutally honest I am losing interest fast. Leeann wants input..... listen Leeann we can all chat and give you input until the cows come home, but unless you and the disinterested owner get your ****ing finger out and sign some players who can actually play then you and the rest have failed the Hibs fans AGAIN!!!
    100% this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    On another day we could have had 3 or 4. Just wasn't to be today. We'll play worse and win but hey, lets just keep the bed wetting going.

Heffernan header (shocking miss), Alagui hitting the side netting and Allan having a shot from the cut back cleared, all before 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post

Heffernan header (shocking miss), Alagui hitting the side netting and Allan having a shot from the cut back cleared, all before 30 minutes.
    Yeah and if that had been the Jambos they would have scored 3,

I said a couple weeks ago we are still without a leader on the park and will finish mid table at best.

Can't be bothered clapping the players at the end any more, nobody seems to give a toss within the club whether we win or lose, losing playing mentality and losers at board level.

No passion, no guts and no togetherness, I think Stubbs is a proper fitba man and has a good eye for a player but there was no plan for that final third, what do they work on all week?

Really agonising stuff and it feels like shxte.

I still think we'll make the play offs but it's by no means a certainty.

Hearts and Sevco will finish 1st and 2nd. I personally still think Sevco will win the league as they have a bit more depth to their squad, although it wouldn't surprise me if Hearts did finish top.

Then you have the others like Queen of the South and Falkirk, who both made the play offs last season, and it's entirely possible that they could both finish ahead of us and that would therefore put us 5th and out of the play offs.

I'm certainly not reaching out for the razor blade just yet and there's still another week for us to do transfer business before January but it's not looking too promising at the moment.

I was quite hopeful after our good performance at Ibrox but it would seem that today was back to a similar story to last season, which is a bit of a concern.

Heffernan should be nowhere near that team. Lazy and poor. And we have a goalie who doesn't like catching balls. More changes required.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Heffernan should be nowhere near that team. Lazy and poor. And we have a goalie who doesn't like catching balls. More changes required.
    When you told anyone who'd listen how poor sevco and the gimps were, and that we were superior in every position and would win the league, i thought you needed help.

It appears you've had some.

Lest we forget, we only beat Livingston thanks to a fluke. As has been the case since last season, Hibs have a problem converting chances to goals.

Honeymoon definitely over.

Looks like another relegation dog fight again this season. In the last year we have played Raith, Hamilton, Livi and Falkirk at home, all first division teams, and have lost to three of them. Played our two theoretical biggest rivals away from home and have lost to both of them. If that is not relegation form I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    On another day we could have had 3 or 4. Just wasn't to be today. We'll play worse and win but hey, lets just keep the bed wetting going.
    That was the same as Livi first half we should have scored more and we should of scored more at Ibrox. We have now played four games and won one thanks to a freak goal by goalkeeper .Maybe we will come good in the next four games and win them all but there is a pattern emerging that is all too familiar we don't look like keeping a clean sheet and we don't look like scoring the two goals per game we need to win In the second half when pressure was on us to break them down certain players were not able to do that . I know it's early in the season but but I think there is some justification in being concerned if we aren't getting more quality players in . For me we had to show we could bounce back and we didn't

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Honeymoon definitely over.

Looks like another relegation dog fight again this season. In the last year we have played Raith, Hamilton, Livi and Falkirk at home, all first division teams, and have lost to three of them. Played our two theoretical biggest rivals away from home and have lost to both of them. If that is not relegation form I don't know what is.
    Over reaction of the day I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Over reaction of the day I reckon.
    Maybe so , but it's factually correct and doesn't make pleasant reading Thankfully we have Dumbarton Alloa and Cowdenbeath next so three comfortable wins

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Maybe so , but it's factually correct and doesn't make pleasant reading Thankfully we have Dumbarton Alloa and Cowdenbeath next so three comfortable wins
    You have got to be joking. I'll give you Cowdenbeath - maybe. Remember that to each of these teams we are one of the big boys to be taken down a peg. And to us (our players especially) each one of them is a terrifying banana skin where our fans will turn against us in a heartbeat if it is going badly.

We are as fragile as a snowflake. These games will be grim.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    There's no way this team are good enough to even achieve that.

We were looking for change from last season and at least we have it.

Instead of being beaten by Premier League teams, we're now being beaten by Championship teams. It's change I suppose
    What a load of ****ing *****.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Hearts will win this league comfortably TC - they do what they always do, get the business done early. A 'Levein blueprint' is get a big target guy, midfield with energy and work ethic, set up solid at the back - and get in experience.
    Got to take your hat off to them, they are getting just reward for that early investment. Hibs never ever do things at a pace - hence we are languishing where we are and will continue to do so.

McFadden has been free for weeks - why on earth have we not pushed the boat out for him ? Dean Shiels not playing regularly for The Rangers.......that is the sort of experience we should be getting in.......not Nelson, Craig, etc.
    The bit in bold is oh so accurate and appears so simple.

Left by mutual consent!
    Played four and lost three including the Petropish Cup. Third bottom of Division One. How far can we fall before it becomes irreversible?

I cant even be bothered to moan about it any more.

Who would have thought the league would look out of sight after 3 games ...... we can make the play offs, but we must start winning.

Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    What a load of ****ing *****.
    Aye because all we need is a little patience? wake up for f sake, the club is in turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    There's no way this team are good enough to even achieve that.

We were looking for change from last season and at least we have it.

Instead of being beaten by Premier League teams, we're now being beaten by Championship teams. It's change I suppose

Here we go again , another knee jerk reaction . Were you at the game ? but for some inexcusable misses from Heff and El we would have won that game comfortably. And given we were playing with 10 men at times when Harris and Craig decided to do their hiding acts it's not as bad as it seems . If Stubbs identifies those 2 problem positions , and possibly Foster who is looking shaky at best, we will comfortably finish in the play off position .

Sit back and relax , better still get off your arse and support your team.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Here we go again , another knee jerk reaction . Were you at the game ? but for some inexcusable misses from Heff and El we would have won that game comfortably. And given we were playing with 10 men at times when Harris and Craig decided to do their hiding acts it's not as bad as it seems . If Stubbs identifies those 2 problem positions , and possibly Foster who is looking shaky at best, we will comfortably finish in the play off position .

The point is that we are missing these chances. That's down to a lack of quality. If that's not resolved with a few new faces being brought in this week then we will continue to struggle

its not as bad until you consider the following

Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    Played four and lost three including the Petropish Cup. Third bottom of Division One. How far can we fall before it becomes irreversible?

oh wait its probably worse than it seems

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Aye because all we need is a little patience? wake up for f sake, the club is in turmoil.

The only way the club will get out of turmoil as you call it is to BACK the club You and your ilk chose to withhold season ticket money effectively crippling the club , considering we were already in turmoil. Look across the city and see what can be achieved by backing the club instead of spitting the dummy out the pram .

Heard all the same excuses after the Ranger and Hearts games and now yesterday as well.

'If we only took our chances'
    'Should have won the game comfortably'
    'Some of the build up play was nice'

The cold hard facts is after 4 games we have lost 3, that's not good enough regardless of how many chances we have created.

Oh and I've been off my arse and at every game so far. Comfortably finish in the play off position? Well whoop de doo! We should be challenging for the league but we won't be because whilst Hearts got themselves organised we are relying on a lot of the players that saw us relegated last seasin.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    The only way the club will get out of turmoil as you call it is to BACK the club You and your ilk chose to withhold season ticket money effectively crippling the club , considering we were already in turmoil. Look across the city and see what can be achieved by backing the club instead of spitting the dummy out the pram .
    Aye it's the fans fault again - what a load of p**h.

We've won 1 game in 4 and that was only because of a fluke.

That's not bad luck that's a pattern.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Do you work for Hibs marketing team?

That's the kind of emotional blackmail pish that usually appears on the ST leaflets.

'Give us your money, ask no questions or it's your fault we are rubbish.'
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

People like yourself really have to get away from the notion that Hibs fans are the real reason the club is in free fall. Quite simply it is not (nor ever was) the fault of the fans. Backing the club is what the fans do, but just backing it by saying "we're great, we're progressing, we're better than "THEM", we're NO.1" doesn't actually make it so: check out the league we are in and where we are in that league and who has beaten us this season already. Thought the HIbs fans had a great game against the Hearts, but the team was simply toothless: blaming the fans for anything that happens down ER way would be quite funny if only it wasn't so sad

I'm a fan who backs the club from Berlin with a whack of money for a service that offers video streams upfront and then gives you audio only after its taken your money. Season ticket holders at ER thought the team would be in the SPFL, but look again where we are! People like you probably really do think it's our fault ... well your're wrong.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    I still think we will make the promotion play offs. We have to start converting the chances we are creating though. Said before I was not overly I pressed with Alagui's footwork and apart ftom the Livi goal still feel that way. Need someone to play off his ball winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Do you work for Hibs marketing team?

That's the kind of emotional blackmail pish that usually appears on the ST leaflets.

'Give us your money, ask no questions or it's your fault we are rubbish.'
    Where did I say give us your money ask no questions ? We are a broken club, we had hardly any players when Stubbs came in and you can bet he was FORCED to keep the likes of Craig for the lack of money.

I'm not happy at the position we are in but the cry babies who sit and home shouting at someone else to plough money into the club why they sit on their arse waiting on it happening piss me off

Tell me the last time we ever challenged Rangers in the league? And i mean for a full season not up to January or February.

It's quite simple really. If we don't bring in players of a sufficient quality to improve the team the best we can hope for is to be in a battle for 3rd and 4th place.

Should we fail to do so any reservoir of good will towards the club will quite rightly dry up if it hasn't already.

I absolve the manager from this as he is working with handcuffs on due to the shameful lack of investment in the playing staff.

If players don't arrive then I expect Leanne Dempster to fall on her sword as she will have little or no credibility left.

The balls in your court Hibs and the next 7 days will shape our future for years to come.