hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_hfc3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Put the crack pipe down
    i'l let you put it down for me

2. Log in to remove the advert

After years of disappointment, there is no patience left among the supporters and that's so understandable. However what option is there other than give the new set up time to build things up within the obvious financial restraints they are under.To fire bullets after just the second game is not going to help. Hearts and Rangers are not that impressive and we will have plenty of chances as the season goes on. Don't jump off the cliff yet!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Really. That twat got us relegated

yes really, at least he had the guts to get shot of a load of dross, dross that would otherwise still be at this club

First Team Breakthrough Glasgow Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cam2644 View Post
    After years of disappointment, there is no patience left among the supporters and that's so understandable. However what option is there other than give the new set up time to build things up within the obvious financial restraints they are under.To fire bullets after just the second game is not going to help. Hearts and Rangers are not that impressive and we will have plenty of chances as the season goes on. Don't jump off the cliff yet!
    Of course you're right. But straight after a defeat is a difficult time to have a clear head :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow Hibee View Post
    That's what I took from the game too. I hate to say it as youth must be given their chance, but playing all three of Stanton, Harris and Handling is a mistake. They are all forward thinking players but are contributing very little on that front at the moment. Harris was very poor towards the end of last season and should have been given a rest then. He has improved a bit at the start of this season but Stanton (who was excellent at times last season) has taken a step back and looks like he needs to be withdrawn for a while. Young players tend to be like that, they start and are dynamic and confident for a month or two then go off the boil. That's why good managers start them for a while then withdraw them for a while again. If they are just kept in the team regardless the pressure gets to them and they rarely get back to their best.
    Harris did nothing wrong today imo and was one of the positives for us. I've said for months that Stanton is no wide player. If he has to play him it must be centrally. He contributes nothing from wide left.

After a 50/50 first half in which neither team made a chance worth the name .... soft penalty not withstanding I had hoped we would come out and go for it. Instead of that we dropped back and did nothing at all ...... the Yams utterly dominated the second 45 and as a result deserved to win the game.

Robertson was 2nd to every challenge from 30 minutes in and it was a bad error by Stubbs not to sub him. Stanton was doing nothing and Harris was no threat at all in the final 3rd .... all 3 should have been subbed well before the first change was made.

Well done to El Alagui for a super goal .... deserved it for playing the whole game with little or no back up .... James Collins will sympathise.

Well done to Oxley for a brilliant save in the first half.

For all of their possession after half time I didn't think the Yams were anything to get excited about ....... luckily for them the ref equalled things up with a 2nd soft penalty and Hibs made it easy for them by being utterly pish in the 2nd half.

Not good enough from us ............. we have a long way to go.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I like Stubbs but he's not immune from criticism.

Robertson should have been subbed long before the first goal, he was scared to tackle. We had Allan on the bench who would be a ready made replacement.

Kennedy should have been on earlier, their full backs are *****.

Stanton should never have started.

We barely had a shot on goal against a young, nervous rookie keeper.

Stubbs ****ed up here, he needs to learn from this.
    Spot on Bingo .

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    After a 50/50 first half in which neither team made a chance worth the name .... soft penalty not withstanding I had hoped we would come out and go for it. Instead of that we dropped back and did nothing at all ...... the Yams utterly dominated the second 45 and as a result deserved to win the game.

Robertson was 2nd to every challenge from 30 minutes in and it was a bad error by Stubbs not to sub him. Stanton was doing nothing and Harris was no threat at all in the final 3rd .... all 3 should have been subbed well before the first change was made.

Well done to El Alagui for a super goal .... deserved it for playing the whole game with little or no back up .... James Collins will sympathise.

Well done to Oxley for a brilliant save in the first half.

For all of their possession after half time I didn't think the Yams were anything to get excited about ....... luckily for them the ref equalled things up with a 2nd soft penalty and Hibs made it easy for them by being utterly pish in the 2nd half.

Not good enough from us ............. we have a long way to go.
    Sums the game up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Can we not crucify him after 3 competitive games. If Craig put the pen in, things would have been different
    Who's crucifying him? The posters only asking him the same question thousands of other Hibs fans are asking in their heads.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Think I would rather he spent his time looking for new players and going over the game with the players than come on here and answer questions.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I've been very impressed with Stubbs so far but leaving Robertson on that park was one of the worst and most baffling decisions I can remember for a long time. On four occasions I literally screamed to get him off before he got sent off. I mean it was so glaringly obvious it was actually ridiculous. He wasn't even having a good game! Kennedy should have been on the second McHattie got booked as well to run at him.
    I get that Stubbs is inexperienced and these things will happen, however it worries me that he didn't make these decisions

Robertson was chasing tails long before his red. He should have been subbed as he was already booked. Whether that would have changed the outcome of the match is not known but it was glaringly obvious.

For what it's worth, I thought on balance and especially on the second half showing that Hearts deserved to sneak it. Harris was good first half and Oxley had an awesome save too first half. But we need more cohesion and link up play in the final third.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VPHIBEE View Post
    DearMr Stubbs

i am utterly sick of walking away from a derby with my head held low. Lots of Hibs supports could see what needed done. Why could you not see that.

you have got us playing better football, but I am still left feeling gutted.

if you are half the man I hope you are, why don't you post an answer.

VPHIBEE
    Open letters are so transparent. That, and "Mr. Stubbs".

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    We were carrying Stanton & Handling for most of the game. He should have subbed them 5-10 mins in the 2nd half. It was the same last week as well. Heffernan & Stanton contributed the square route of f all & went off around the 80th minute.
    This exactly sums up what I thought as well.

AS said everyone would get a chance, like a new start if you will. Perhaps he's going to wait a few games before making changes. If he wants to see a player 6 or 8 times before thinking about signing him, then he may want to see most of his own players bedding in as it were. I think the substitutions may well have been made earlier as they had to double up on Kennedy as soon as he came on. It's hard to think about giving everyone a bit more time, but I think we will have to. The turn around at our club will not happen in a week or two, and losing to them again doesn't make it any easier, but when I look over the hill, I do not, as yet, see famine and pestilence. Keep the faith people, this will turn out good in the end.