hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roberston

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't really get what Robertson brings to the party. He doesn't score. Never makes a killer pass. Isn't a Roy Keane type enforcer. Doesn't create much. Never beats a man. What does he actually do?

As for Craig; I thought for 30 minutes today he carried on his decent form from Ibrox and last week. He was breaking up play, wanted the ball and getting stuck in. He was the best midfielder on the park at that time. The miss seemed to totally deflate him though and he fell to pieces. That's worrying and poor from both an experienced player and the club captain.
    I noticed that least season with him, a misplaced pass or 2 and he starts to withdraw and his confidence starts ebbing away, its a very worrying trait especially for a captain.

2. Log in to remove the advert

"The WORST I've felt after a match. Got to accept the criticism coming my way." Robertson on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by TAHibby View Post
    "The WORST I've felt after a match. Got to accept the criticism coming my way." Robertson on twitter.
    As bad as he was, he was let down by his manager not replacing him IMO.

His constant clapping the fans after a game and twitter apologies are tiresome, do it on the pitch ffs

Thought he was poor last season,good a breaking up play at times but when he gets the ball he hasn't the ability to do anything positive, was signed as a box to box player but rarely leaves the centre circle,not seen his performance today but I think it will maybe be his last game as that will not have impressed AS

Was always gonna get sent off .

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For me Robertson has personally cost us our defeats to Rangers & hearts.

The Rangers one with that ludicrous attempt at a clearance when he had cramp.

More worryingly its a consistent lack of fitness that shows itself whenever we are under pressure and hints at a lack of bottle.

Having said that on both occasions Stubbs should have seen he was toiling badly and subbed him off so Stubbs isn't exempt from any criticism

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Agree to a point but when you've been booked you know not to go rushing into silly challenges and making stupid fouls.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    I felt Robertson and Craig were excellent in harrying and closing down Hearts and restricting them to very few efforts at our goal. I was thinking for most of the game that, for the first time in a while, we were not being outfought physically by Hearts. I think it's inevitable in these games that the guys doing that kind if work will pick up yellows and.Stubbs should have replaced Robertson. It's not Robbo's fault though that he wasn't subbed. Central midfield today was one of our stronger areas. I doubt Alan Stubbs will be thinking it is one of our problem areas. He will be looking further up the pitch IMO
    I agree mate.

Not convinced by Robertson though and still have hope for Craig.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuillsy View Post
    Agree to a point but when you've been booked you know not to go rushing into silly challenges and making stupid fouls.
    That's why he let that boy past him to score the first, he'd have brought him down if he wasn't on a booking.

@hibs.net private member
    I just don't really get what Robertson brings to the party. He doesn't score. Never makes a killer pass. Isn't a Roy Keane type enforcer. Doesn't create much. Never beats a man. What does he actually do?
    Agreed - I've said similar many times about Stevenson as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    That's why he let that boy past him to score the first, he'd have brought him down if he wasn't on a booking.
    He should have stood a yard off him and gave him nowhete to go instead of diving in and making the guys mind up for him. Why he was so close is beyond me.

He was then in a postion of foul him and get sent off or let him shoot.

Just don't see what he offers been disappointing IMO I'd rather have kept tom taiwo

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Just don't see what he offers been disappointing IMO I'd rather have kept tom taiwo
    Personally think taiwo would be starting for us if he was still under contract when Stubbs arrived

He should have stood a yard off him and gave him nowhete to go instead of diving in and making the guys mind up for him. Why he was so close is beyond me.

He was then in a postion of foul him and get sent off or let him shoot.
    Spot on ... Another yard away from him and the nutmeg would not have worked... Craig and Robertson cost us 3 points today ..

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    He never let the boy past him. He opened his legs and sold himself!

There does seem to be a player in Robertson but we only see it in flashes but today he really had a stinker IMHO. Too many ill judged challenges, particularly in areas where we should be avoiding conceding fouls and nothing creative to speak of.
    Our midfield struggles to look like a threat, or create threats in the last 3rd and I think Alan Stubbs needs to rethink his midfield set up to one that is more likely to create chances.
    We pressed and contained them pretty well until the penalty miss and weren't ever really opened up but we do need a bit more and it seems a change in the starting midfield personnel is required...

First Team Breakthrough
    Sorry - but I disagree. Thought they did quite well today. It was the final third where we weren't good enough today I thought.
    Did quite well? Geez peace. Please enlighten me as I' m clearly at a different game or sitting in the wrong end.

He's ****in pish. He's always been pish and he'll continue to be pish.

Those of you who mark him 7.5, 8 and 9/10 on 'player ratings' threads must have your eyes painted on.

He does **** all apart from clapping the fans.

A useless ****in imposter. Pity it's taken today for a few folk to realise he's pish.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Think Robertson is a good player , Liam Craig too just need to get the tactics right to utilise them

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Taiwo - scored two tonight

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Taiwo - scored two tonight
    Will he follow in the footsteps of Paddy Cregg and John Rankin and get himself a goal on his return to ER on Saturday? Decent player is wee Tom

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

Those of you who mark him 7.5, 8 and 9/10 on 'player ratings' threads must have your eyes painted on.

A useless ****in imposter. Pity it's taken today for a few folk to realise he's pish.

....it's good you don't let emotion get in the of your assessment of players...nonsense

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

You are talking about Craig eh.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Full of the bevy when you posted this I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Full of the bevy when you posted this I take it?
    Nope. He's pish.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    ....it's good you don't let emotion get in the of your assessment of players...nonsense
    In your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearders View Post
    Did quite well? Geez peace. Please enlighten me as I' m clearly at a different game or sitting in the wrong end.
    I think this must be right.

You know - I watched the game with some friends, I've discussed it with quite a number of others since then (most of whom watched the game but support other clubs) - and have read various reports on the game in the media. I have to say that the only people who felt that Robertson and Craig were even close to being a problem for Hibs in the derby are people posting on this thread. No-one I've spoken to or read feels that central midfield was an area where we "lost" the game at the weekend.

I'm not talking about an individual or specific moment such as the missed penalty - I'm talking about the whole game. My opinion as well as that of EVERYONE else I've spoken to or read (apart from this thread, of course) feels that defensively and in central midfield we played reasonably well and that our problems were almost exclusively in the creative/more forward areas.

Our three youngsters in that area just didn't do it for us at the weekend. I rate all three of them but that is the area where we need to do a lot more if we're to have a chance of winning this league and of winning the next derby.

Let's hope the discussion on the Griffiths thread has more substance to it than some of the guff in this one

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I think this must be right.

You know - I watched the game with some friends, I've discussed it with quite a number of others since then (most of whom watched the game but support other clubs) - and have read various reports on the game in the media. I have to say that the only people who felt that Robertson and Craig were even close to being a problem for Hibs in the derby are people posting on this thread. No-one I've spoken to or read feels that central midfield was an area where we "lost" the game at the weekend.

I'm not talking about an individual or specific moment such as the missed penalty - I'm talking about the whole game. My opinion as well as that of EVERYONE else I've spoken to or read (apart from this thread, of course) feels that defensively and in central midfield we played reasonably well and that our problems were almost exclusively in the creative/more forward areas.

Our three youngsters in that area just didn't do it for us at the weekend. I rate all three of them but that is the area where we need to do a lot more if we're to have a chance of winning this league and of winning the next derby.

Let's hope the discussion on the Griffiths thread has more substance to it than some of the guff in this one

Altho, could we expect Robbo or Craig to contribute more going forward?

1 of the 2 centre midfielders has to take more of that responsibility I reckon