hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roberston

@hibs.net private member
    Collins is gone , Stevenson playing well ...some fans always need a scapegoat - so it's obviously Robertson for now - he might share the role with Craig after the penalty miss ....some people just need to "hate" someone ...it's one of the worst aspects of football fans

It lacks any analysis. They are the type who boo when the team is read out .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Altho, could we expect Robbo or Craig to contribute more going forward?

1 of the 2 centre midfielders has to take more of that responsibility I reckon
    I agree - yes. Although I wouldn't necessarily expect them to bomb forward at Tynecastle. Generally though one should be deeper and one looking to join the person playing where Handling did and Alagui - most suited to that is Craig. His game is suited to that I think.

We need much more from Stanton, Harris and Handling though. Perhaps someone with a bit more experience is required in that area to help them? I am also keen to see Scott Allan and Kennedy. Both should start the next game IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I just don't really get what Robertson brings to the party. He doesn't score. Never makes a killer pass. Isn't a Roy Keane type enforcer. Doesn't create much. Never beats a man. What does he actually do?

As for Craig; I thought for 30 minutes today he carried on his decent form from Ibrox and last week. He was breaking up play, wanted the ball and getting stuck in. He was the best midfielder on the park at that time. The miss seemed to totally deflate him though and he fell to pieces. That's worrying and poor from both an experienced player and the club captain.
    I thought that, as a team, we competed much better than we have done in the past against the usual physical Hearts. We hustled and harried them and closed them down in possession pretty well for much of the game. Robertson was at the centre of that IMO.

The role he's playing for the team is not glamorous but it's necessary. He took a booking for his trouble but that's an occupational hazard for central midfielders competing away from home against one of our closest rivals. He should have been subbed to protect us from a second yellow but it's not his fault that he wasn't.

Robertson would be one of the first names on my team sheet. He can do a really important job for us and his effort, energy levels and commitment are top notch. His role should help provide a platform for others to create but, unfortunately, that didn't happen at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Collins is gone , Stevenson playing well ...some fans always need a scapegoat - so it's obviously Robertson for now - he might share the role with Craig after the penalty miss ....some people just need to "hate" someone ...it's one of the worst aspects of football fans

It lacks any analysis. They are the type who boo when the team is read out .
    So true...Now that the pain has dulled somewhat we have to be reflective and say we competed well in midfield...not often we can say that in a derby. I have great hope that Stubbs can turn us around but he takes a lot ot blame for not subbing Robertson on Sunday when we could all see what was coming. That has now cost us dear both at Ibrox and the piggery in recent weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    So true...Now that the pain has dulled somewhat we have to be reflective and say we competed well in midfield...not often we can say that in a derby. I have great hope that Stubbs can turn us around but he takes a lot ot blame for not subbing Robertson on Sunday when we could all see what was coming. That has now cost us dear both at Ibrox and the piggery in recent weeks...
    Every club has a hate figure that supporters blame regardless of whether he has a good, bad or indifferent performance.

I have a Hun colleague who detested 'fat' Charlie Adam. He'd come into work after a game and spend the first hour lambasting Adam's performance from pillar to post. When Adam went to Blackpool and then Liverpool he couldn't be kinder.

At Present it is Robertson but I can see it soon changing to Craig.

Scott Robertson is a good lad who gives 100% but he's technically just not a very good footballer!!?

We need players in midfield who can defend, attack, pass, shoot, and don't feel the need to hide when they cross the whitewash - Hamilton had a few at Easter Road a few weeks ago..........why can't Hibs find some!!?

I have to admit. Im becoming increasingly frustrated by Robertson. But i am just as much with Craig. I really need to see the pair creating more cause its not been enough. I do think they're good players though so i have no doubt it'll click properly soon.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    Scott Robertson is a good lad who gives 100% but he's technically just not a very good footballer!!?

We need players in midfield who can defend, attack, pass, shoot, and don't feel the need to hide when they cross the whitewash - Hamilton had a few at Easter Road a few weeks ago..........why can't Hibs find some!!?
    Care to justify your point ? What are Robertson's technical deficiencies ?

Because to me , whilst he hasn't had a good start to the season , actually his technical skills are strong - he is two footed , can pass. , can tackle ...good energy levels , decent first touch and quite mobile on and off the ball.

So , let's hear your view ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Care to justify your point ? What are Robertson's technical deficiencies ?

Because to me , whilst he hasn't had a good start to the season , actually his technical skills are strong - he is two footed , can pass. , can tackle ...good energy levels , decent first touch and quite mobile on and off the ball.

So , let's hear your view ...
    Football is all about opinions, and your obviously a big fan, but I don't recognise any of these attributes in Scott? He has a good attitude and has a good engine, but he's clumsy and a bit awkward - hence the bookings and we need more than a goal a season from our midfield.

First Team Breakthrough
    He's cost us the game in our two biggest games this season. On Sunday he was throwing himself about the park always looking like he was about to fall over/into a hearts player. He might be an alright player to have, but I think we need better if we want promoted.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    Football is all about opinions, and your obviously a big fan, but I don't recognise any of these attributes in Scott? He has a good attitude and has a good engine, but he's clumsy and a bit awkward - hence the bookings and we need more than a goal a season from our midfield.
    To be honest , I wouldn't say I'm a big fan - but I did disagree with your point about lack of technical ability - I think he is up there with most of our players on that - he doesn't impact a game anywhere near as much as he should or could - and a real lack of goals and assists are a weakness - lack of footballing skills are not