hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Can't argue with this decision but we absolutely must have a couple of centre halves in mind over the next couple of weeks.

If Nelson does go, it only leaves Hanlon and Forster in that position.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't argue with this decision but we absolutely must have a couple of centre halves in mind over the next couple of weeks.

If Nelson does go, it only leaves Hanlon and Forster in that position.
    Yip, if not its football suicide to only leave yourself with 2 centre halves, unless Stubbs feels the kids are good enough?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Yip, if not its football suicide to only leave yourself with 2 centre halves, unless Stubbs feels the kids are good enough?
    Whatever happened to centre half & sweeper?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Whatever happened to centre half & sweeper?
    One of them got injured.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tom Gardiner is supposed to be very highly thought of. Saying that. 3 isn't enough. saying that, other than at CM our squad is very thin

Pleasing

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I seem to remember some people in the stands telling him he could leave last season, or words to that effect.

United we stand here....

Cant believe its taken this long for this to happen. He is one of the reasons we are now in this league. If it was true that McPake was fit for the last 10 weeks of the season, then Im shocked Butcher played Nelson ahead of him

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith Hibee View Post
    Cant believe its taken this long for this to happen. He is one of the reasons we are now in this league. If it was true that McPake was fit for the last 10 weeks of the season, then Im shocked Butcher played Nelson ahead of him
    Im not one of Nelsons greatest fans and wont be sorry to see him go but Butcher is the main reason we r in this league...so not shocked at all! FWIW mcpake wasn't the answer either imo...

Comes across well on twitter and seems to be good family man so don't want to slate the guys football ability.

All i'll say is, its pleasing that Stubbs identifies he's not good enough rather than the previous manager who made him vice captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Honest pro, not a good footballer. Never his biggest fan but I appreciate the fact he always gave his all. Pleased to see he's being allowed to move on as I'd much rather have Forster and Hanlon form a solid partnership.
    This.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    ill be sorry to see him leave. nice guy and he and hanlon were good together. and as much as everyone had lots to say about him and mcgivern the biggest preoblem last season was at the other ensd of pitch. good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    ill be sorry to see him leave. nice guy and he and hanlon were good together. and as much as everyone had lots to say about him and mcgivern the biggest preoblem last season was at the other ensd of pitch. good luck to him.
    Agree with everything you say. All the best to MN if he is leaving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith Hibee View Post
    I'm not. Butcher's an ********

Blog Entries
    You have very low standards. Hanlon was decent. Nelson

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Would be a bit cheeky but didn't we pay a small fee for him? 😐
    That's right loon. I paid good money for a triple pack of (jumbo sized obviously) french letters that were all used (vigorously) last night when I double dipped a couple of supermodels up for the fest (oh lordy).

I paid good money for them so I want a fee when I sell them on.

Sucker?

Goodbye.

Well said. It was our inability to score that lead to relegation.
    Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    Agree with everything you say. All the best to MN if he is leaving.
    Yes,, Goodbye and good luck

Hopefully freeing up some wages for further additions to the squad.

@hibs.net private member
    Honest tryer and I've no doubt that the comments about him being a good presence about the place are true. But with his hit and hope approach to distribution from the back he is not the kind of player who will get us into the top half of the SPL which is what we should be building for NOW. Good move Stubbs - confirms to me that he knows exactly what he's doing and is leaving no stone unturned in his quest to improve the team.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    At the start of last season he was hailed as exactly what we needed a no nonsense centre half who just clears his lines, as the season wore on he became a scapegoat and he perhaps got a lot more abuse than deserved including from myself. I think he's a good enough defender to have as cover at this level, but if he does leave I wish him all the best in the last few years of his career
    Clear lines when needed, unfortunately he didn't want to make an easy pass when one was on. I think we all thought he would come in and organise our defence, be a leader and command the defence. It never panned out that way and he added to the issues we had. If you look at the way we play now he just doesn't fit in. IMO, if he played in this team now he would come in for even more abuse from the stands as his style of play would look even more at odds with the rest of the team.

At present there is only a first team squad of ni-ni-ni-ni-nineteen players. If Nelson goes then that leaves a defence of five players of which three are full backs.

There is no cover should Hanlon or Forster get injured or suspended. Maybe AS has now to work under a revolving door policy of "one out, one in".

Whatever, I had no confidence in Nelson anyway.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Am I allowed to say 'good move Hibs, im pleased to see the back of his shocking distribution', or does that qualify as 'undignified'?
    You just answered your own question

First Team Breakthrough le bill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Sky Sports understands Hibernian are open to offers for experienced defender Michael Nelson.

Nelson has held talks with new Hibs boss Alan Stubbs to discuss his future and both parties have come to an agreement he can move on if a suitable offer is made.

The 34-year-old joined Hibs last summer from Bradford, but was unable to prevent the side from suffering relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

Nelson, who made 34 appearances last season, has been informed he might find his first-team opportunities limited this term and that the club will not stand in his way if he wants to leave Easter Road in search of regular action.

Nelson's agent, Clive Hart, confirmed the former Hartlepool and Norwich defender was weighing up his options.

"Alan [Stubbs] has spoken to Michael and told him his opportunities are likely to be limited this season and that the club won't stand in his way if the right opportunity comes along," Hart told Sky Sports.

"Hibs have been very understanding in the whole thing and Alan has told Michael he is happy to have him around the club if nothing arises as he is very good to have around the place."
    Thank god for that
    Truluu

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    They may well be good enough BH but they may pick up injuries and there will be suspensions to worry about as well, we need another CH in as cover for them, it would be madness not to get another CH in before the window closes.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Good luck to the guy, his nickname of Admiral Hoofball made me laugh though!

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Im not one of Nelsons greatest fans and wont be sorry to see him go but Butcher is the main reason we r in this league...so not shocked at all! FWIW mcpake wasn't the answer either imo...
    Butcher is the main reason we are in this division, and Fenlons signings are a big factor as well. Put together they are the formula no football fan wants for their team

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Am I allowed to say 'good move Hibs, im pleased to see the back of his shocking distribution', or does that qualify as 'undignified'?
    Michael Nelson is a perfect embodiment of all that was wrong with the Hibernian squad last season. Slow, cumbersome and completely lacking in any sort of quality.

I am delighted that our manager feels that players of Michael Nelsons standard are not good enough to play for Hibernian.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Stubbs said there could be comings and goings, wonder who else may move on?