hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Trying to switch electricity supplier

Hi ,

I switched my leccy and gas last night but received an email this morning saying that my MPAN (meter point administration number) was incorrect.
    I phoned my current supplier to check and they said the number i had was the correct one. I then phoned my , soon to be , new supplier who said that the MPAN number i provided was for a different postcode. It turns out this postcode is for the builders who built the house about 9 years ago.

New supplier said that my current suppliers had not updated it on the national database.
    Phoned my current supplier back and was told that the address linked to my MPAN number is my current address.

Where do i go from here ?
    New suppliers can't accept me as my MPAN is not linked to my current address.
    Current supplier says it is !

Been on the phone for an hour and a half.

Anyone else had this issue and have a solution ?

Cheers
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sorted kinda

Called ECOES (national database) and they confirmed that my current supplier HAD NOT updated the national database and only updated their records.
    They told me to get back on the phone to a manager at my current supplier and DEMAND that they email these details immediately as they should have done it 9 years ago

Called back and within 40 seconds they agreed to update the national database straight away.

If anyone else has this issue , contact numbers for the national database can be found here----->http://www.ukpower.co.uk/mpas

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    You answering your own problems seems to be a common theme of the years SG!!
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You answering your own problems seems to be a common theme of the years SG!!
    You are not wrong

Thought i'd leave it here rather than delete it incase anyone else is having problems.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Sorted kinda

Called ECOES (national database) and they confirmed that my current supplier HAD NOT updated the national database and only updated their records.
    They told me to get back on the phone to a manager at my current supplier and DEMAND that they email these details immediately as they should have done it 9 years ago

Called back and within 40 seconds they agreed to update the national database straight away.

If anyone else has this issue , contact numbers for the national database can be found here----->http://www.ukpower.co.uk/mpas
    I take it after all this hassle it must have been worth it to change financially wise, who have you moved from/to?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I take it after all this hassle it must have been worth it to change financially wise, who have you moved from/to?
    £260 per year .
    I also have a wedge of credit with my current supplier.

Its the first time i have switched and the initial switching process was easy. I already had an email from my current supplier saying my fixed rate was coming to an end and in the email they provided my yearly usage which i used on the comparison sites.

Moved from Scottish Power to First Utility for both Gas and Electricity. Scottish power would keep my direct debit at £170 per month even though my usage was estimated at £120.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    £260 per year .
    I also have a wedge of credit with my current supplier.

Its the first time i have switched and the initial switching process was easy. I already had an email from my current supplier saying my fixed rate was coming to an end and in the email they provided my yearly usage which i used on the comparison sites.

Moved from Scottish Power to First Utility for both Gas and Electricity. Scottish power would keep my direct debit at £170 per month even though my usage was estimated at £120.

Decent saving, I am all electric and pay £88 a month so your usage must be high!