Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Erm The Rangers, Hearts and Falkirk. 7-1
    Looking good so far

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Had a good week on the horses at York (Tiggy Wiggy, Pale Mimosa, Sole Power, Postponsed and Australia) so playing with decent profits tomorrow.

Couple of singles:

Crystal Palace to beat West Ham @ 6/4 £20 on.

Partick to beat Hamilton @Evs £20 on.

And a double:

Wigan
    Queen of the South

Pays 2.45/1 £15 on.
    One dead in the water at half time.

Double and Partick still potentials.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    **** off Celtic
    Ooopppsss!!!

all my results came in today just waiting on spurs tomorrow, seeing as i hate spurs they are sure to draw

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Looking good so far
    Aye , sorry to say I'm up £100 on that bet. Seemed too easy.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    **** off Celtic

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    There has been the usual mixed bag of strange results so far in the RPL, but that's to be expected so early into the season.

There are the teams doing better than expected - W&F are the obvious ones - and teams doing far worse - Bognor Regis and last season's beaten play-off finalists, Hornchurch, are just two who have struggled so far.

Lewes are another team with a big budget who were woeful getting beat away to Tonbridge midweek (although they did finish with just 9 men). They're away at Dulwich today and I expect them come away with nothing, but the price is just too short on Dulwich at 1.60.

Canvey Island at home to Enfield Town is another home win, Canvey were 1.80 but now 1.75. They have an excellent striker in John Sands and great delivery from midfielder Sheldon Sellers, but again, just too short. conditions can be a factor down there if the wind blows turning things into a lottery. George Borg has got Enfield pretty well organised, if a little lightweight going forward, so a chance of a draw down in deepest Sarf Essex.

Leiston ran out 4-0 winners against Hornchurch on Tuesday (Hornchurch are playing their first few games this season all away while they get some work completed on their floodlights). That said, it was the Leiston keeper who got the MOTM award for a string of excellent saves. But Leiston are scoring goals and creating chances, the only blip so far this season against an impressive Dulwich Hamlet side. I'll take them to win comfortably at home to Peacehaven & Telscombe. They've a host of very good players there that can create and score chances, notably Craig Heath, Joe Francis and Craig Parker. The ground may be surrounded by garden fencing, but they've got a good side on the pitch.

I'll also be having half a point on Wingate & Finchley at home to Tonbridge. Going forward Tonbridge are excellent, right winger Dee Okojie has pace, they've got Chris Piper in midfield pulling the strings, and a very nippy and sillful centre forward in Billy Medlock who moves and creates space. So, good going forward, but a bit unorganised at the back. They took Jerome Sobers from Maidstone over the summer, and although he's a tall centre back who is dangerous at set pieces, Stevie Wonder has more positional awareness when defending. W&F have pretty much a new team this season having been spared relegation and they're making the most of it. I expect goals, but I'm favouring the home team here.

1pt Leiston @ 1.90
    0.5pt W&F @ 2.55
    Bang-on the money with the above post, young Cyber - more-so that you even predicted three of the scorers for Leiston. Very impressive.

Thank your lucky betting boots that you didn't endure the match I watched today in the Conference North...although it was a mere £2.25 a pint in the clubhouse, so all was not lost.

Did Sobers play for Tonbridge? I can't find a team sheet online.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Bang-on the money with the above post, young Cyber - more-so that you even predicted three of the scorers for Leiston. Very impressive.

Thank your lucky betting boots that you didn't endure the match I watched today in the Conference North...although it was a mere £2.25 a pint in the clubhouse, so all was not lost.

Did Sobers play for Tonbridge? I can't find a team sheet online.
    Yes, although I notice I called Gareth Heath Craig Heath for some reason. I can only think siblings Patrick and Michael who are at Leiston fried my brain as I was typing. Their surname is Brothers, and this season they have mostly been starting on the bench (Jesse's diets ;-) ). So you can have either "the Brothers brothers started on the bench for Leiston"; or you can have "the brothers Brothers started on the bench for Leiston". I would be grateful if any pedants out there could check this for me.

Sobers did start for Tonbridge Angels, it would be harsh to blame any TA player for the goals though, more good play by W&F.

Waiting on Man U to go with spurs win and hull/stoke under 2.5

United are kack

It was Everton last week for 200 and it was Burton yesterday for 200... Can feel one coming

Hull draw, spurs, man u draw, waiting on man c draw tomorrow

It's been raining in North London this morning but the Enfield Town game goes ahead this afternoon. The pitch is not in the best state at the moment following a rugby league match getting played on it on Friday night, so it will cut up a bit. This will suit the home side more then the visitors Wingate & finchley, who are used to playing on a carpet all year round at the Harry Abrahams Stadium.

Enfield have tightened up a lot since their opening day 5-2 drubbing to Kingstonian. W&F ran out comfortable 2-0 at home on Saturday to a Tonbridge side that didn't create much. This will be tight I expect, perhaps a mistake by either team on a slippery surface deciding the outcome.

Elsewhere there's a lot of other 'derbies' today with short journeys for most away teams. All except Canvey Island, who make the trip from south Essex to close to the Norfolk/Suffolk border where they face Bury Town. The home team are struggling with just one goal in 5 games - they just have no firepower. They are well organised, but when you are relying on youth team players and forwards that were playing two divisions below last season you will struggle. Canvey will have former Bury Town golden boot winner John Sands in the team today, Bury selling him last year to try and balance the books. Away win for me.

Down on the south coast Peacehaven & Telscombe entertain Bognor Regis. The visitors have had a surprisingly bad start to the campaign, only picking up their first point on Saturday at home to a strong Kingstonian side. That said, they put three past title challenging Maidstone two Saturdays ago, despite conceding 4 at the other end. Peacehaven have been shipping goals badly, losing three to Dulwich and 5 away at Leiston on Saturday in their last two games, so I'm surprised to see Bognor as outsiders here, even if they are the away side.

1pt Canvey Island @ 1.95
    1pt Bognor Regis @ 2.7

Not Wanting to Hijack the thread - so admin please delete if necessary..

Im Not really a gambling man as I was once addicted to fruit machines.. ( nae funny fruit jokes please.. )

Irony is - I won a 20 quid voucher for a local small bookies in my kids school summer Raffle...

What bet should I place - or you might place as I haven't a clue about odds etc. !!??

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post

Im Not really a gambling man as I was once addicted to fruit machines.. ( nae funny fruit jokes please.. )

Irony is - I won a 20 quid voucher for a local small bookies in my kids school summer Raffle...

What bet should I place - or you might place as I haven't a clue about odds etc. !!??
    sellick and man utd double at just over evens.

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post

I've done a 4 folds on tonight's league cup games.

Hibs 1/2
    Falkirk 1/2
    Partick 8/15
    Dundee 4/7

Not saying it's what you should put your voucher on but pays over 4/1 for the 4 of them (although odds have shortened on a few of them since I put on last night) - meaning you'll get around £80 back (I assume you don't get the stake back as it is a 'free bet').. wee bit of excitement until Hibs let you down

Alternatively you could stick it on a first goalscorer bet... e.g. Farid will likely be around the 4/1 mark for first goal tonight.

Good luck! At least if you chuck it on and it loses there will be less risk of getting 'in the game' proper!!

Leicester, Norwich, west ham, derby, Dundee, Hamilton...

Hate to say it, but put a tenner on a Gers, Hearts, Dumbarton treble. 10-1.

Ah well. Bang goes that insurance policy.

Hibs were 50/1 at 76 minutes tonight... never put anything on it though... doh

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    not a gambler but out of curiosity....what odd's are Man U to get relegated this season

So after my Everton and Burton debacle it was Bolton who let me down tonight for £300 by scoring in the 90th minute then conceding in the 8th minute of stoppage time. Suicidal

1000/1 still available on Man Utd to be relegated.......
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough Scònaldò's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    not a gambler but out of curiosity....what odd's are Man U to get relegated this season
    Weird you should say that, a friend just posted a screenshot of his £1 bet on that on Facebook. 1000/1

Nae tips this week...?

Tricky week this week for the football and the horses.

Cash staying in the pocket.

Derby,Wigan,Bury,Hearts and Rangers for my 3rd winning Saturday coupon in a row.

Dundee Utd
    Der Hun
    Aberdeen

Portsmouth
    Brighton
    Wigan

My 2 trebles for today, going for bigger stakes and lower odds

A last minuted equaliser for Peacehaven against Bognor on Monday meant my first loss this season in the RPL. This was in a game that Bognor dominated. Bognor make the very long away trip to Bury Town, and I'm happy to have a small interest in them again. They are much tighter at the back and Bury are short of firepower.

Also today I'll have a small interest in Enfield Town at a very big price who are away at Hendon this afternoon. Enfield replaced their manager this week, assistant Brad Quinton taking over from George Borg. It will not be easy for the visitors as Hendon have yet to concede at home this season, but if they play like they did in the second half against Wingate & Finchley on Monday then 4/1 is a big price. History is also on Enfield's side as they have won the last 4 games in the league against Hendon: 6-3, 2-3, 3-2 and 0-3.

0.5pt Bognor @ 3.2
    0.5pt Enfield Town @ 5.0

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    A last minuted equaliser for Peacehaven against Bognor on Monday meant my first loss this season in the RPL. This was in a game that Bognor dominated. Bognor make the very long away trip to Bury Town, and I'm happy to have a small interest in them again. They are much tighter at the back and Bury are short of firepower.

Also today I'll have a small interest in Enfield Town at a very big price who are away at Hendon this afternoon. Enfield replaced their manager this week, assistant Brad Quinton taking over from George Borg. It will not be easy for the visitors as Hendon have yet to concede at home this season, but if they play like they did in the second half against Wingate & Finchley on Monday then 4/1 is a big price. History is also on Enfield's side as they have won the last 4 games in the league against Hendon: 6-3, 2-3, 3-2 and 0-3.

0.5pt Bognor @ 3.2
    0.5pt Enfield Town @ 5.0
    Bury have only named four substitutes in their last two matches and since Danny Cunningham left they are creating the square route of sod-all.

Grays @ 11/10 at home to Peacehaven tomorrow looks like the RPL bet of the weekend, especially now that Glen Little is back in the side.