2. Log in to remove the advert

Arsenal
    Reading
    Burton
    Shrewsbury
    Southend

£5 returns £98

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Tonight's Enfield Town v VCD report for anyone interested.

Finished 1-0 for ETFC, but the second half was all VCD. A combination of egregious finishing by VCD, about 5 great saves by Nathan McDonald in the Enfield goal, and some dodgy officiating kept it goalless in the second half after a Tyler Campbell strike had given Enfield the lead after 19 minutes.

The winning goal itself was out of nothing, but provided much hilarity afterwards, especially if you're a nosey git like me who knows the players. Anyway, the goal by Campbell was a run down the right wing, beating left back Deen, before firing a speculative head height shot at Nick Blue in the VCD goal. However, Blue has failed to master the art of putting his hands together to stop a ball, and this results in balls going between your hands and continuing past you. If behind you is a rectangular shaped structure with an onion bag, the ref will check with the lineo, he'll do nothing, the crowd will cry goal, the ref will point to the centre circle and you'll check your golden goal ticket (88 mins this week). 1-0 to Enfield.

So, a few minutes after the goal, we see the VCD bench preparing a sub. And then we see it's the number 3 coming off, Ahmed Deen, who up to that point - regardless of the goal - had been the best player on the park. But he's not injured, so why's he coming off? Not just my opinion, several Enfield Town players plus the assistant manager (and Sergey) said as much afterwards. His first touch was excellent; VCD would set up with two players on each touchline when Blue had the ball to stretch the play, and for the most part it worked. More often than not Deen would receive the ball near the half way line, and then VCD were only going one way. However, I digress...

So, Deen gets subbed, we can see words being exchanged between Deen and the management, sock tape gets scrunched up and thrown, and that's it. Until, that is, I spoke to Deen at HT, just before he's walking out of the ground. It transpires that the turmoil in the VCD dressing room is still prevalent, and that when the VCD management team of Tony Russell and Razor questioned Deen's positioning for the goal - he replied that maybe you should question the keeper's position. Given where we were standing, this was a very valid point. However, that's not what TR likes to hear, so you're emptied.

This is Ahmed's wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Deen

I think Deen had a very valid point, and given they also questioned his fitness when he's a personal trainer, let's just say I will avoid TR and Razor, who sound like Pete Beale on speed.

And if you think this league is bad, Ben Greenhalgh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Greenhalgh), last season at ICT (and on loan at Stenny the latter half), is now bench warming at Maidstone.

Anyway, that's 4 out of 4 RPL winners for me so far this season, another selection or two I'm sure very soon.
    Last edited by CyberSauzee; 20-08-2014 at 12:27 AM.

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tonight's Enfield Town v VCD report for anyone interested.

Finished 1-0 for ETFC, but the second half was all VCD. A combination of egregious finishing by VCD, about 5 great saves by Nathan McDonald in the Enfield goal, and some dodgy officiating kept it goalless in the second half after a Tyler Campbell strike had given Enfield the lead after 19 minutes.

The winning goal itself was out of nothing, but provided much hilarity afterwards, especially if you're a nosey git like me who knows the players. Anyway, the goal by Campbell was a run down the right wing, beating left back Deen, before firing a speculative head height shot at Nick Blue in the VCD goal. However, Blue has failed to master the art of putting his hands together to stop a ball, and this results in balls going between your hands and continuing past you. If behind you is a rectangular shaped structure with an onion bag, the ref will check with the lineo, he'll do nothing, the crowd will cry goal, the ref will point to the centre circle and you'll check your golden goal ticket (88 mins this week). 1-0 to Enfield.

So, a few minutes after the goal, we see the VCD bench preparing a sub. And then we see it's the number 3 coming off, Ahmed Deen, who up to that point - regardless of the goal - had been the best player on the park. But he's not injured, so why's he coming off? Not just my opinion, several Enfield Town players plus the assistant manager (and Sergey) said as much afterwards. His first touch was excellent; VCD would set up with two players on each touchline when Blue had the ball to stretch the play, and for the most part it worked. More often than not Deen would receive the ball near the half way line, and then VCD were only going one way. However, I digress...

So, Deen gets subbed, we can see words being exchanged between Deen and the management, sock tape gets scrunched up and thrown, and that's it. Until, that is, I spoke to Deen at HT, just before he's walking out of the ground. It transpires that the turmoil in the VCD dressing room is still prevalent, and that when the VCD management team of Tony Russell and Razor questioned Deen's positioning for the goal - he replied that maybe you should question the keeper's position. Given where we were standing, this was a very valid point. However, that's not what TR likes to hear, so you're emptied.

This is Ahmed's wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Deen

I think Deen had a very valid point, and given they also questioned his fitness when he's a personal trainer, let's just say I will avoid TR and Razor, who sound like Pete Beale on speed.

And if you think this league is bad, Ben Greenhalgh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Greenhalgh), last season at ICT (and on loan at Stenny the latter half), is now bench warming at Maidstone.

Anyway, that's 4 out of 4 RPL winners for me so far this season, another selection or two I'm sure very soon.
    Will be keeping an eye out for more of you and sergey's tips now 👍

Had a decent whack on Livi at 11/4 tonight, easy money!

Left by mutual consent!
    Legia Warsaw are 6/5 to beat FK Aktobe away tomorrow in the Europa League qualifier. Definitely worth a big punt

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Legia Warsaw are 6/5 to beat FK Aktobe away tomorrow in the Europa League qualifier. Definitely worth a big punt
    Fc Twente are 21/20 away to FK Karabakh, could be a good double

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Aktobe are unbeaten at home in 2014. In the UCL qualifying they beat Dinamo Tbilisi 3-0 and drew 2-2 with Steaua Bucharest.

Qarabag are also good at home, including a 2-1 win over Salzburg in UCL qualifying.

One team I think are overpriced is Zwolle at home to Sparta Prague. They're 9/4 and although lacking European experience, Sparta are struggling to pick up their form from last season, and their away games in UCL qualifying were a 1-1 draw with Levadia Tallinn (admittedly after a 7-0 home win in the first leg) and a 2-0 defeat to Malmo which resulted in them going out on away goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Only had 20 quid on it - hardly a big punt.

However, excellent shout sir.

My £10 - £10,000 is going ok, will be up to £40 odd tonight if Bayern beat Wolfsburg and Evian fail to keep a clean sheet against PSG. Apparently you can go from £10 - £10,000 in 73 bets that have odds of 1/10!!!

A wee early weekend coupon. Would also be tempted to chuck in Real Madrid to lift the super cup, even though I despise them!

Chelsea
    v Leicester 1/5
    Sunderland v Man utd 3/4
    Wigan v Blackpool 4/9
    ICT V Celtic 1/2
    Dundee utd v Ross County 4/9
    Hibs v Falkirk 8/11

pays 10.35/1 with bet365.. as usual, Hibs appear the dodgiest on my coupon but I've said over the past week or so that Hibs at home will be on the majority of my coupons this season!

Do the Ryman league experts fancy the MET polis against VCD tomorrow?
    Like the look of Swansea, milwall n port vale. Think wee bit value in Cardiff, 5/2 win, also get 1.675 on them +0.5 on the Asian.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    My £10 - £10,000 is going ok, will be up to £40 odd tonight if Bayern beat Wolfsburg and Evian fail to keep a clean sheet against PSG. Apparently you can go from £10 - £10,000 in 73 bets that have odds of 1/10!!!
    Easier said than done far easier to go from 10k to a tenner and probably half the bets

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    Do the Ryman league experts fancy the MET polis against VCD tomorrow?
    Like the look of Swansea, milwall n port vale. Think wee bit value in Cardiff, 5/2 win, also get 1.675 on them +0.5 on the Asian.
    Swerve it, bud. VCD were extremely unlucky on Tuesday night and should have won the match at Enfield. They actually looked good and might be a team to keep on your side, especially at big prices in their forthcoming matches at handsome odds.

Both Harrow Borough and Leiston for me tomorrow at a shade under evens the pair. Maidstone are also shoo-in's against Bury Town...but the odds are too low for me to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Easier said than done far easier to go from 10k to a tenner and probably half the bets
    PSG busted it already, managed to get to 30 quid!!! Think I'll stick to the 5 fold coupons.

Norwich, West ham,Arsenal to win and BTTS
    £5 gets me hammered

Had a good week on the horses at York (Tiggy Wiggy, Pale Mimosa, Sole Power, Postponsed and Australia) so playing with decent profits tomorrow.

Couple of singles:

Crystal Palace to beat West Ham @ 6/4 £20 on.

Partick to beat Hamilton @Evs £20 on.

And a double:

Wigan
    Queen of the South

Pays 2.45/1 £15 on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Swerve it, bud. VCD were extremely unlucky on Tuesday night and should have won the match at Enfield. They actually looked good and might be a team to keep on your side, especially at big prices in their forthcoming matches at handsome odds.

Both Harrow Borough and Leiston for me tomorrow at a shade under evens the pair. Maidstone are also shoo-in's against Bury Town...but the odds are too low for me to play.
    Nice one man, appreciate the info, always like a wee edge if possible.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    £5 on:

Middlesbrough
    Wigan
    Celtic
    Cardiff
    Burton
    Barnsley
    Dundee Utd
    Dundee
    Charlton
    Portsmouth

all to win

Potential Returns: £5,545.61

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I'd be very surprised if Pallasator gets beat in the Ebor at York today. It's last run the 2nd, 3rd (Glenard at York yesterday) and 4th (retirement plan also runs in the Ebor) have all won since. 4lb more to carry today but if form was everything this should be odds on. Saver on retirement plan as everything seems to have progressed out the last run

4 coupons on today so too many to mention but Norwich arsenal Hamilton Dundee and many more away games included. Some good away value in league two (York, burton, sherws, Portsmouth) and of course Hibs 👍

First one of the day is

Burton
    Scunny
    Southend
    Peterborough

£5 returns £285

If one lets me down the stake back as free bet!

First Team Breakthrough
    Dundee Utd, Rangers, Fleetwood, Preston

5/1

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Four-fold:

Forest
    Millwall
    Fleetwood
    Leiston

16.6/1

Three draws:

Huddersfield v Charlton
    Orient v Walsall
    Yeovil v S****horpe

41.8/1

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Pallasator gets beat in the Ebor at York today. It's last run the 2nd, 3rd (Glenard at York yesterday) and 4th (retirement plan also runs in the Ebor) have all won since. 4lb more to carry today but if form was everything this should be odds on. Saver on retirement plan as everything seems to have progressed out the last run
    I'm not saying it won't win but, as its drawn on the outside of the entire field I'd rather be on Frankie's horse ew. (Will probably just stick to the football though).

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    £15 on Wimbledon, Dutd, Celtic returns £69.

Erm The Rangers, Hearts and Falkirk. 7-1

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    There has been the usual mixed bag of strange results so far in the RPL, but that's to be expected so early into the season.

There are the teams doing better than expected - W&F are the obvious ones - and teams doing far worse - Bognor Regis and last season's beaten play-off finalists, Hornchurch, are just two who have struggled so far.

Lewes are another team with a big budget who were woeful getting beat away to Tonbridge midweek (although they did finish with just 9 men). They're away at Dulwich today and I expect them come away with nothing, but the price is just too short on Dulwich at 1.60.

Canvey Island at home to Enfield Town is another home win, Canvey were 1.80 but now 1.75. They have an excellent striker in John Sands and great delivery from midfielder Sheldon Sellers, but again, just too short. conditions can be a factor down there if the wind blows turning things into a lottery. George Borg has got Enfield pretty well organised, if a little lightweight going forward, so a chance of a draw down in deepest Sarf Essex.

Leiston ran out 4-0 winners against Hornchurch on Tuesday (Hornchurch are playing their first few games this season all away while they get some work completed on their floodlights). That said, it was the Leiston keeper who got the MOTM award for a string of excellent saves. But Leiston are scoring goals and creating chances, the only blip so far this season against an impressive Dulwich Hamlet side. I'll take them to win comfortably at home to Peacehaven & Telscombe. They've a host of very good players there that can create and score chances, notably Craig Heath, Joe Francis and Craig Parker. The ground may be surrounded by garden fencing, but they've got a good side on the pitch.

I'll also be having half a point on Wingate & Finchley at home to Tonbridge. Going forward Tonbridge are excellent, right winger Dee Okojie has pace, they've got Chris Piper in midfield pulling the strings, and a very nippy and sillful centre forward in Billy Medlock who moves and creates space. So, good going forward, but a bit unorganised at the back. They took Jerome Sobers from Maidstone over the summer, and although he's a tall centre back who is dangerous at set pieces, Stevie Wonder has more positional awareness when defending. W&F have pretty much a new team this season having been spared relegation and they're making the most of it. I expect goals, but I'm favouring the home team here.

1pt Leiston @ 1.90
    0.5pt W&F @ 2.55

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I'm not saying it won't win but, as its drawn on the outside of the entire field I'd rather be on Frankie's horse ew. (Will probably just stick to the football though).
    Yep. No way would I be sticking a decent wedge on anything in the Ebor. 4s is way too short in a 20 runner high class handicap.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Various bets but Ross county 6/1 single

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    £5 on:

Middlesbrough
    Wigan
    Celtic
    Cardiff
    Burton
    Barnsley