hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rangers fans!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From now on, can we please just refer to them as "The Symbiants".

Symbiosis

1. Biology A close, prolonged association between two or more different organisms of different species that may, but does not necessarily, benefit each member.
    2. A relationship of mutual benefit or dependence.

Thanks
    Ok, for the time being, I just don't have the time to research if there is a fancy name for 2 parasites that ultimately eat each other.........

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Ok, for the time being, I just don't have the time to research if there is a fancy name for 2 parasites that ultimately eat each other.........

You could try this....

Obligate parasite

An obligate parasite is a parasitic organism that cannot complete its life cycle without exploiting a suitable host.......

---------
    Evolution of obligate parasitism

Current theory in evolutionary biology indicates that host-parasite relationships may evolve towards equilibrial states of severe disease.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    You could try this....

Obligate parasite

An obligate parasite is a parasitic organism that cannot complete its life cycle without exploiting a suitable host.......

---------
    Evolution of obligate parasitism

Current theory in evolutionary biology indicates that host-parasite relationships may evolve towards equilibrial states of severe disease.

Sounds a bit yammish to me, still, another 11 minutes until the pub opens so will have a look for specimens!.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    Would it not be better to contact LD with formal complaint of treatment of away fans at Ibrox. Police refusal to protect individual from physical and verbal abuse. Let Petrie contact his cronies at the SFA to force them to clean up their act or play behind closed doors or other financial sanctions. I refuse to go to the dark side now after witnessing pies, coin and urine being thrown onto visiting fans. If this treatment was dished out at ER it would be all over the press
    I might be wrong but i don't think i am but it seemed the first thing to be thrown was a cup of juice and it came from the Hibs end, got to admit that is the worse it has been for a long time inside that ground, i had a wee chat with a polis man at the game and he said everything was being recorded and that the club pick out the offenders from the The Rangers end through the week and either get sent a warning about there behaviour or get banned from the ground.

I'm pretty sure if LD was to get in touch with the police or security at the ground they will show a number of Hibs fans in bad light as well, Ms Dempster is well aware of the behaviour of the old firm clubs, pretty sure the polis stood by and watch celtc fans wreck Fir park last season and start fires and the excuse by the police was they weren't enough numbers to go in and stop the chaos that was going on that night and that they were recording the event and would detain people at a later stage, that i have a gripe with, basically what they are saying is if you come to Ibrox or Parkhead or one of the gruesome 2 come calling to your ground, don't expect us to do anything about it, they are there to force and implement the law, Scottish Police are allowing these 2 groups of fans to do what ever they want where ever they are, any other supporter out with they 2 clubs behaved in that manner and they would be detained straight away by police, it always irks me that the police will steam in to any other group of fans and treat them like s***e and act the hardman but when it comes to the old firm they become the s***e bags and hide behind there cameras and pishy excuses..

Wee Eck is on top of everything mind you and any day soon it will all be eradicated.

And WTF was the Sandy Jardine song all about on Tuesday night. Deary me.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Aye, I did marry one (well from Renfrew anyway )
    Is close enough

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Blog Entries
    A bit late to this thread but I forgot how bad the Sevco fans really are. I feel sorry for the lad who got hit by a coin - I got off pretty well just getting hit by a bit of a pie

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Saw that this morning.

It's outrageous IMO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Saw that this morning.

It's outrageous IMO.
    It's bound to cause quite a bit of trouble in Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by <3Morrissey View Post
    It's bound to cause quite a bit of trouble in Glasgow.
    Which side gets more upset will depend on whether Hamas are regarded as Catholic Palestinians or Protestant Palestinians.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Which side gets more upset will depend on whether Hamas are regarded as Catholic Palestinians or Protestant Palestinians.
    I don't miss living there I must admit. I heard on the news that members of the Jewish community are upset but there are plenty of Jewish people who oppose what Israel is doing. Maybe that 13 year old Sevco fan from Tuesday will turn up in protest.

Quote Originally Posted by <3Morrissey View Post
    I don't miss living there I must admit. I heard on the news that members of the Jewish community are upset but there are plenty of Jewish people who oppose what Israel is doing. Maybe that 13 year old Sevco fan from Tuesday will turn up in protest.
    Was the pie that hit you Kosher or Halal? :-)

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Was the pie that hit you Kosher or Halal? :-)
    haha I must say, before the game a drunkhun came up to me and shook my hand saying "Aw the best". But I spent large chunks of the game dodging missiles

Much as il support my team as much as poss...I refuse to darken the hunbrox doorsteps. Last time I was there got a cup of hot bovril and several "gobs" from the animals in upper broomloan that they now have the cheek to call a "family stand". Dearie me!! Disgusting hate filled pit full of bigots stuck in the past!!