hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rangers fans!

First Team Breakthrough
    Would it not be better to contact LD with formal complaint of treatment of away fans at Ibrox. Police refusal to protect individual from physical and verbal abuse. Let Petrie contact his cronies at the SFA to force them to clean up their act or play behind closed doors or other financial sanctions. I refuse to go to the dark side now after witnessing pies, coin and urine being thrown onto visiting fans. If this treatment was dished out at ER it would be all over the press

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Waste of time trying to speak to the weegie polis. Most of them are in the Masons/Lodge too and seem to hate anyone from Edinburgh, but much more so if you happen to support a team called Hibernian FC.

Scotland's shame right enough. What was all that so-called friendliness during the Commonwealth Games about? That goes right out the window when it comes to supporters of the Ibrox club.
    No they are not. I actually have 3 weedgie policemen stay in my street, none of themare Masons or in the Lodge ( presume you mean Orange). They may dislike Hibs, but that is another argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Hmmmmmm. Are you sure? Without archiving through piles of crap, I recall your outlook at one non Hibs game being very different. Care to comment?
    I've no idea what outlook you're referring to in particular, however for the avoidance of doubt, my position on taking flags into a football stadium which are politically motivated is that it's not something I personally would ever do and I find it all a bit sad, however I don't think it's something to get too worked up about.

Anyone who gets upset over seeing a national flag (ANY national flag, at that) being waved at a game of football needs to start worrying about things that really matter.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You are right. I used to take a Nigerian flag and never once got pulled up for it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    No they are not. I actually have 3 weedgie policemen stay in my street, none of themare Masons or in the Lodge ( presume you mean Orange). They may dislike Hibs, but that is another argument.
    Do they have Grannies of a certain age? This place gets worse and worse and worse.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Do they have Grannies of a certain age? This place gets worse and worse and worse.
    No idea howold their grannies are but I know they will all be of normal ages and certainly not into four figures. Not sure what you mean by this place getting worse and worse so cannot comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    Would it not be better to contact LD with formal complaint of treatment of away fans at Ibrox. Police refusal to protect individual from physical and verbal abuse. Let Petrie contact his cronies at the SFA to force them to clean up their act or play behind closed doors or other financial sanctions. I refuse to go to the dark side now after witnessing pies, coin and urine being thrown onto visiting fans. If this treatment was dished out at ER it would be all over the press
    Mate, it's been like this for donkey's years, and if anything it was even worse before Ibrox was re-developed and the installation of CCTV (see below re more on CCTV). Folk have been making these sort of complaints for decades, but those in authority just don't want to know. The SFA won't do hee haw. They are scared of the Ibrox club.

I'm not sure if Hibs fans come in for worse treatment than other visiting club's fans or not, but nothing will be done about it until away fans completely stop going to Ibrox I would suggest. Yes, I know that would deprive away clubs of the little support they usually have at Greyskull.

What do they do with the CCTV footage? Do they not see what's going on, or do they turn a blind eye? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I've no idea what outlook you're referring to in particular, however for the avoidance of doubt, my position on taking flags into a football stadium which are politically motivated is that it's not something I personally would ever do and I find it all a bit sad, however I don't think it's something to get too worked up about.

Anyone who gets upset over seeing a national flag (ANY national flag, at that) being waved at a game of football needs to start worrying about things that really matter.
    Yes you do and at the time you couldn't see what was 'wrong' about one set of fans goading another with cries of Land of Hope & Glory'.
    It's the goading you see? Or don't you? Goad someone with a flag, song, symbol, whatever...... In return, get filled in / bombed / assassinated. Not a crime?

Yes you do and at the time you couldn't see what was 'wrong' about one set of fans goading another with cries of Land of Hope & Glory'.
    It's the goading you see? Or don't you? Goad someone with a flag, song, symbol, whatever...... In return, get filled in / bombed / assassinated. Not a crime?
    I honestly have no idea what you're talking about now.

No idea howold their grannies are but I know they will all be of normal ages and certainly not into four figures. Not sure what you mean by this place getting worse and worse so cannot comment on that.
    You are Stuart Crowther and I claim my five pounds.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Naw I'm no, but I'll still take a fiver off you.

OK fair enough, it was a bold sweeping statement on my part. I did mean Orange.

I just don't understand why so many of them seem to have such, putting it mildly, a strong dislike of Hibs supporters. I have personally experienced all sorts of reactions from them from indifference to downright hostility. Is it just a Edinburgh v Glasgow thing?

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about now.
    Yes you do.
    Leaving this now before I flame or bully you or some old fashioned thing and it would take half an hour of my time that I can't be arsed spending to prove me right anyway.

Naw I'm no, but I'll still take a fiver off you.
    Yes you are. Prove it. If it's not shrouded in your shrine you M****** B*******

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yes you are. Prove it. If it's not shrouded in your shrine you M****** B*******
    Hmm, that is not very nice. I am quite sure Stuart Crowther would be amused to think someone thinks I am him. However I do take great exception to being called the above. A wee apology would be accepted. If the above starred stands for something else please have the balls and the guts to put it in writing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OK fair enough, it was a bold sweeping statement on my part. I did mean Orange.

I just don't understand why so many of them seem to have such, putting it mildly, a strong dislike of Hibs supporters. I have personally experienced all sorts of reactions from them from indifference to downright hostility. Is it just a Edinburgh v Glasgow thing?
    I have no idea. It is certainly a perception we have though. Unfortunately living where I do I happen to know a lot of people who are members of the Orange. Some of them are definitely the most odious of creatures yet I know not one policeman who is a member ( and again, I know a few). Perceptionis the truth in the mind of the perceptor in my opinion,but no idea how that changes. Apart from that it does give us something to cling to.

Hmm, that is not very nice. I am quite sure Stuart Crowther would be amused to think someone thinks I am him. However I do take great exception to being called the above. A wee apology would be accepted. If the above starred stands for something else please have the balls and the guts to put it in writing.
    Awwwwww, nice. Play the ambiguous card and seek non-ambiguity.
    I apologise for calling you lots of stars with all my balls and guts.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by iggy pope View Post
    awwwwww, nice. Play the ambiguous card and seek non-ambiguity.
    I apologise for calling you lots of stars with all my balls and guts.
    d*** h***.

I have no idea. It is certainly a perception we have though. Unfortunately living where I do I happen to know a lot of people who are members of the Orange. Some of them are definitely the most odious of creatures yet I know not one policeman who is a member ( and again, I know a few). Perceptionis the truth in the mind of the perceptor in my opinion,but no idea how that changes. Apart from that it does give us something to cling to.
    Neither do I mate, so let's call it a day on this one.

d*** h***.
    Thank you.
    Always preferred t*** though.
    Least you know where you are then.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 06-08-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Has anyone ever tried lamping a hun? I tried it once after a game at Easter Road.....I found it to be a very cathartic experience, almost transcendental in fact.

Left by mutual consent!
    Last night was my 3rd visit to Ibrox, the previous 2 times weren't too bad but last night was just a disgrace tbh. Little kids getting juice thrown at them and seeing there mum and dad getting hit by coins absolute disgrace. And to think our next game against those at Ibrox has been changed to a Monday night just for the TV is a disgrace too

But on another subject, if we didn't have a red card I think we would have won last night. GGTTH

on a lighter note..

Me and family went down to the local chippy on the seafront the other day to eat our suppers on the sea front - Some rangers toped whale of a guy and a very nice wife.. ahem decided to sit near us and drink his lager.. I actually warned him that he could get fined for drinking where he was sitting.. !!

He said quite loudly that he couldny gie a flying one and he wid fight ony blunt..

I said nae bother.. and as soon as I said that - I Got - Where dae ye cum fae pal....

Told him I was Hibby fae Biggar, Lanark, Isle of Arran, and even Rigside !! But now I stay in Devon.....

He then proceeded to call me a "Plastic-Catholic"... I was lost for words..

First Team Breakthrough
    Mate, it's been like this for donkey's years, and if anything it was even worse before Ibrox was re-developed and the installation of CCTV (see below re more on CCTV). Folk have been making these sort of complaints for decades, but those in authority just don't want to know. The SFA won't do hee haw. They are scared of the Ibrox club.

I'm not sure if Hibs fans come in for worse treatment than other visiting club's fans or not, but nothing will be done about it until away fans completely stop going to Ibrox I would suggest. Yes, I know that would deprive away clubs of the little support they usually have at Greyskull.

What do they do with the CCTV footage? Do they not see what's going on, or do they turn a blind eye? If so, why?
    I agree re it's been going on for years and been totally ignored, maybe that's the answer refuse to attend these games, but that means not supporting our team. Tough one! Might be an idea to capture the images on smart phones etc inform the police on site that you are filming these events load them on social media site forward to LD and MSP,s SFA and Scottish Police HQ some will have to respond.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thank you.
    Always preferred t*** though.
    Least you know where you are then.
    You really are coming over as being rather angry. Did a M****** B******, whatever it is steal your burd or something?

Because of the situation in Gaza, the Israeli flag is rather a controversial item at the moment and I'm sure he knew that. Seeing the guy waving it didn't get me worked up, it merely confirmed my suspicions about his IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Apparently, the Israel flag thing started because some Cetlc fans were taking Palestinian flags to games, as they see the Palestinian 'cause' as being similar to Irish Republicanism. The Rangers fans felt they had to do something to show they were on the other side of the debate to their rivals.
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many people don't appear to know that this is the case.

Blog Entries
    Below is an extract from the SPFL Rules. It would appear from comments on here that The Rangers clearly breached these rules on Tuesday night. Can I respectfully suggest that anyone who witnessed or was affected by the violence on Tuesday, contact Hibs & ask them to raise this matter officially. I believe we now have a CE in place who will treat this matter seriously. Similarly heads of supporters' groups could advise Hibs re their unwillingness to travel to Ibrox & support our team because of the unacceptable risk of physical injury. Something has to be done!
    I should say I haven't been to Ibrox since a particularly nasty incident over 40 years ago & it's unacceptable that incidents continue to occur & are not dealt with in this technological era.
    PS, below is only a snapshot, there are many more rules concerning political/religious tolerance etc which could also be applied.

H33 The Home Club in any Official Match must ensure, so far as is reasonably
    practicable,
    H33.1 good order and security;
    H33.2 that policies and procedures have been adopted and are implemented to
    prevent incidents of Unacceptable Conduct; and
    H33.3 that any incidents of Unacceptable Conduct are effectively dealt with, all
    at its Stadium on the occasion of an Official Match
    H34 Each Club must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that its Players, officials,
    supporters and any person exercising a function for or connected with the Club do
    not engage in Unacceptable Conduct at a Stadium on the occasion of an Official
    Match.
    H35 Any failure by a Club to discharge a requirement to which it is subject by virtue of
    Rules H33 and/or H34 shall constitute a breach of these Rules.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many people don't appear to know that this is the case.
    but what I always struggle with is how they both manage to have the same obvious problems with dental hygiene...................I guess they just refuse to go to different dentists and boycott them along sectarian lines.

Two cheeks of the same erse, they don't know how close their behaviours actually make them.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    but what I always struggle with is how they both manage to have the same obvious problems with dental hygiene...................I guess they just refuse to go to different dentists and boycott them along sectarian lines.

Two cheeks of the same erse, they don't know how close their behaviours actually make them.

From now on, can we please just refer to them as "The Symbiants".

Symbiosis

1. Biology A close, prolonged association between two or more different organisms of different species that may, but does not necessarily, benefit each member.
    2. A relationship of mutual benefit or dependence.

Thanks