hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rangers fans!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely spot on.

I've not been to Ibrox for a while and it's mainly down to their supporters and the lack of Police action. I suggest that next time you tell a policeman that you are being abused and he shrugs his shoulders or asks "what can I do about it", that you ask him for his name and number so that you can write to the chief constable as he clearly isn't cut out to be a policeman.

Assuming that you don't get huckled out of the stadium, it may just spur him into some action.
    Agree with this. If policemen are not only not doing their job or adding to abuse of away supporters, they shouldn't be doing their job full stop.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Neo nazis waving The flag of Israel.

What a ****ed up bunch of dullards.

Unless of course, they think Avi Cohen isn't dead and is zombieing in amongst that back four.
    Show them a map and not one of em could point to israel and im not joking

Not the brightest her typical hun.

Meanwhile in Israel 7 years ago >http://www.phoenixcsc.com/image/toss...e_israel_2.jpg

Fair play to this bluenose last night. Brave lad! > http://i.imgur.com/jPMByGo.png

not true....

Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    I conducted a poll last night amongst Ranger fans, asking 'Where is Israel?'

12% - Thought it died just after Charlton Heston won the chariot race.
    8% - I think it's in Israel (Can't really argue with that).
    53% - In summer New York and in winter Florida.
    17% - ****** off ya Fenian B*****d
    10% - Sieg heil! (These were counted as don't knows)

Margin of error: 92%

Rangers fans are the absolute **** of the earth. A disgusting, bigotted, vile horrible club with the absolute cretins of society following it.

A truly vile bunch of people.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    Rangers fans are the absolute **** of the earth. A disgusting, bigotted, vile horrible club with the absolute cretins of society following it.

A truly vile bunch of people.
    Could not agree more....the flying of the Israel flag last night was particularly disgusting as was the response by the stewards and Weedgie police

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The majority (and i mean the majority when I say that) of Rangers fans are ****. I don't care what anybody says, but they're 10 times worse than Celtic fans, who are bad enough themselves. I've no been to Ibrox in years and don't plan on changing that any time soon, it's not worth the hassle.
    Thats exactly it! How many times have we heard McCoist and their board and even the media give us this "it's only a minority" bull****. Is it ****!

Every support in the land including our own has a minority of idiot fans but rangers supporters in the MAJORITY are vile and bigotted! FACT

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Could not agree more....the flying of the Israel flag last night was particularly disgusting as was the response by the stewards and Weedgie police
    The police are an absolute disgrace. As per usual turning a blind eye because its "the mighty glasgow rangers". Can you imagine if a hibs supporter had waved that sort of flag! He/She would have been wrestled out the ground quicker than they knew what had hit them!

Same old same old, both on and off the pitch its one set of rules for the OF and another set of rules for everybody else. Absolute disgrace how much those pair of bigots have gotten away with over the years. They have utterly embarrased Scotland more times than I can even remeber and still continue to do so because the authorites in charge don't have the balls to stick up to them and in turn endangering the public above all things!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Not the brightest her typical hun.

Meanwhile in Israel 7 years ago >http://www.phoenixcsc.com/image/toss...e_israel_2.jpg

Fair play to this bluenose last night. Brave lad! > http://i.imgur.com/jPMByGo.png

Not a flag debate by any stretch, but at least in the old days it was our flag (lovely) against their flag (despicable).
    The weedgies in their own loveable, gallus, ****ish way have taken this to unknown levels. Could go full circle soon and we'll just wave any old flag at each other (I bags Nigeria).

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Quote Originally Posted by squak View Post
    Absolute disgrace! Girlfriend was hit by a coin, luckily only on the leg but she has a bruise to show for it, gentleman infront of me was hit on the head, had a massive lump and a cut from where he was hit! Police just standing watching, young kids and women around! Absolute filth, surprised they have the funds to be throwing away 10 p's! On a lighter note, was fantastic when Martin from the schemes baseball cap was commandeered! Won't be my last time through at that dump but will certainly be he girlfriends!
    That gentleman may very well have been me!

Like many others I stopped going to Ibrox many years ago after one particularly bad experience when I thought we weren't getting out unless in an ambulance.

Waste of time trying to speak to the weegie polis. Most of them are in the Masons/Lodge too and seem to hate anyone from Edinburgh, but much more so if you happen to support a team called Hibernian FC.

Scotland's shame right enough. What was all that so-called friendliness during the Commonwealth Games about? That goes right out the window when it comes to supporters of the Ibrox club.

Apparently, the Israel flag thing started because some Cetlc fans were taking Palestinian flags to games, as they see the Palestinian 'cause' as being similar to Irish Republicanism. The Rangers fans felt they had to do something to show they were on the other side of the debate to their rivals.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 06-08-2014 at 05:36 PM.

First Team Breakthrough DanTheMan's Avatar
    Must have been my unlucky night got hit in the face with a coke at half time then 2 £1 coins on the upper arm a few minutes apart! I emailed Rangers no response though

What do people expect at Ibrox? Their fans exist to give as much offence as possible to as many folk as possible. They don't appreciate football really. That would be asking too much.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Must have been my unlucky night got hit in the face with a coke at half time then 2 £1 coins on the upper arm a few minutes apart! I emailed Rangers no response though
    I sent a photo of my where the coin hit my forehead to their Twitter page immediately after I was hit and surprise surprise no response has been received.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Apparently, the Israel flag thing started because some Cetlc fans were taking Palestinian flags to games, as they see the Palestinian 'cause' as being similar to Irish Republicanism. The Rangers fans felt they had to do something to show they were on the other side of the debate to their rivals.
    Apparently, this is the case. A monstrosity that has never been observed properly, until you did.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    "you're Irvine welshs' nephew" was one of the more amusing bits of 'abuse' I had shouted at me last night.

appreciate that a large number of the weegie police are rightfully getting a hard time because of everything that happens in ibrox but in fairness the couple of them next to me at the right hand side of the segregation was joking and laughing away with me and my mates, so they're not all bad!

What exactly would you be looking for the police to do about someone waving a national flag?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    The police are an absolute disgrace. As per usual turning a blind eye because its "the mighty glasgow rangers". Can you imagine if a hibs supporter had waved that sort of flag! He/She would have been wrestled out the ground quicker than they knew what had hit them!

Same old same old, both on and off the pitch its one set of rules for the OF and another set of rules for everybody else. Absolute disgrace how much those pair of bigots have gotten away with over the years. They have utterly embarrased Scotland more times than I can even remeber and still continue to do so because the authorites in charge don't have the balls to stick up to them and in turn endangering the public above all things!
    I highly doubt that anyone has ever been ejected from a Scottish football stadium for waving a country's national flag.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    What exactly would you be looking for the police to do about someone waving a national flag?

I highly doubt that anyone has ever been ejected from a Scottish football stadium for waving a country's national flag.
    It was the reaction, likely to incite violent conduct from the Hibs support that should have concerned the police....

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    yes was behind a celtic bus coming into murrayfield earlier tonight and they had irish flag up on the back window with free Palestine written on it, the both of the bigot brothers are a joke, anything they see as confrontational they jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    yes was behind a celtic bus coming into murrayfield earlier tonight and they had irish flag up on the back window with free Palestine written on it, the both of the bigot brothers are a joke, anything they see as confrontational they jump on it.
    There was someone in the Hibs end with a Palestinian flag last night so we're not immune from bringing politics into football.

I have my own views on the topic but I would never dream of taking those views into the confines of a football stadium.

Football and politics should not mix.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    If you are going to start a new thread, please make it a creditable one and not full of downright lies.
    The Glasgow people are the friendliest in the world, we have been just been told this for near enough a fortnight, so no way would any of them stoop so low as to do the things you say they did.

'People make Glasgow', or so the badge that they handed out at the Games told us. If that's the case, Thank F... I'm from Edinburgh.
    Excellent comment

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    During a lovely rendition of The Sash last night, I asked the policeman standing directly next to me if that is now an illegal song to sing. His reps ones was "it is yeah but what am I supposed to do when 500 of them are singing it?". So that's us stick with bigotry for the next 100 years I guess then. Funny how UEFA seem to be able to do something about it. Meanwhile, police and the SFA will just continue to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend its not happening

Yes yes yes yes. You said this once or three times before. Sing and wave whatever you like? Goad. Yes. Sing, wave and goad whoever or whatever you like.
    Not a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    During a lovely rendition of The Sash last night, I asked the policeman standing directly next to me if that is now an illegal song to sing. His reps ones was "it is yeah but what am I supposed to do when 500 of them are singing it?". So that's us stick with bigotry for the next 100 years I guess then. Funny how UEFA seem to be able to do something about it. Meanwhile, police and the SFA will just continue to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend its not happening
    (Not a crime) ARF!

On a general note, last night brought it all back to me.

Ibrox really is home to some abnormal looking people.

I say "people" but I'm not entirely sure that they're people in the usual sense of the word. A lot of those fans who were situated either side of the Hibs section last night honestly looked as if they were the result of a science experiment that had gone badly wrong.

The songs and the flags are one thing but the throwing of coins and other objects is something that seriously needs to be looked at by the relevant people and appropriate action taken.

For me, there needs to be more segregation between the Sevco fans and our fans whenever we go to Ibrox. I've often been surprised at how small the gap is which exists between the two sets of fans on the occasions I've been there.

It's only a matter of time before serious injuries are inflicted upon someone and then there will be serious questions to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Yes yes yes yes. You said this once or three times before. Sing and wave whatever you like? Goad. Yes. Sing, wave and goad whoever or whatever you like.
    Not a crime.
    You have quoted my post here but you don't seem to have actually answered the question I've asked.

What do you want the police to do about someone waving a national flag?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Also worth mentioning that my pal and I tried to nip down to the toilet after 86 minutes only to be met with a line of police at the top of the stairs. Went to walk past them only for two of them to sick their hands out and say "you're not going anywhere until the game finishes". I'm going to the toilet I said. "On you go but you'll not be getting back in" said the most obnoxious looking PC ever, quickly followed by "the game finishes in 4 minutes, ye can wait!" by a female cop. Was genuinly speechless for a minute. Eventually allowed past when I questioned if it was a prison or a football ground and asking them if this is how they treated fans at the rugby 7's the week before. Utter clowns. Disgrace what they get away with through there

On a general note, last night brought it all back to me.

Ibrox really is home to some abnormal looking people.

I say "people" but I'm not entirely sure that they're people in the usual sense of the word. A lot of those fans who were situated either side of the Hibs section last night honestly looked as if they were the result of a science experiment that had gone badly wrong.

The songs and the flags are one thing but the throwing of coins and other objects is something that seriously needs to be looked at by the relevant people and appropriate action taken.

For me, there needs to be more segregation between the Sevco fans and our fans whenever we go to Ibrox. I've often been surprised at how small the gap is which exists between the two sets of fans on the occasions I've been there.

It's only a matter of time before serious injuries are inflicted upon someone and then there will be serious questions to answer.

Hmmmmmm. Are you sure? Without archiving through piles of crap, I recall your outlook at one non Hibs game being very different. Care to comment?

You have quoted my post here but you don't seem to have actually answered the question I've asked.

What do you want the police to do about someone waving a national flag?
    See above.