hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    I was told there are two consortium's and kanos is indeed one. However the other has far more serious business men in it and STF is looking more likely to sell to them. I have no idea if this is true or who is involved. I hope whatever happens it is for the good of the club though, consortium's worry me and I would like to know what they are all about before they buy the club and not afterwards.

I'm not in the know and the above could well be pish, but it's what I heard.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was told there are two consortium's and kanos is indeed one. However the other has far more serious business men in it and STF is looking more likely to sell to them. I have no idea if this is true or who is involved. I hope whatever happens it is for the good of the club though, consortium's worry me and I would like to know what they are all about before they buy the club and not afterwards.

I'm not in the know and the above could well be pish, but it's what I heard.
    Thats interesting if true. The agent I got info from mentioned a 'Bill' as one of the main investors - couldn't remember the surname. Others involved were meant to be Edinburgh/leith based Asian Hibbies.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    Thats interesting if true. The agent I got info from mentioned a 'Bill' as one of the main investors - couldn't remember the surname. Others involved were meant to be Edinburgh/leith based Asian Hibbies.
    Billy connolly?

Not part of any group or friends with the consortium merely that I know and trust the two sources who gave me the information. For what it's worth, the secrecy is not really helping matters and merely fuelling further rumours and speculation (and personal attacks on posters like me!). IMO, if Kano was to lay out his plans fully, especially the fan based ownership part, then us Hibbies would be greater informed to make a judgement as to whether to back it. I do want change to happen within the club as I feel the changes put in place by Dempster are not far enough. This is my opinion.
    Not really secret when it's posted on here
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Not really secret when it's posted on here
    True...love your dry wit humour John. I enjoyed working with you at Ross High.

True...love your dry wit humour John. I enjoyed working with you at Ross High.
    Scary as I've no idea who you are Pupil or staff?
    This is how it feels

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Scary as I've no idea who you are Pupil or staff?
    Did you ever feel you where being followed?

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    Did you ever feel you where being followed?
    Just recently, aye
    This is how it feels

I know who it is now
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    I know who it is now
    Cheers John hope all is well. Just bumped into a St Pats member and the Hibbie connections were scary. As a school teacher, would like to think I am no bull****ter - mind you other former pupils might say otherwise!

Left by mutual consent!
    John

Just been asked to get involved in the working together group as part of Dempsters revolution to spread the Hibbie gospel in our schools. Not before time I say. The meeting is 1.30 before the livi game.

John

Just been asked to get involved in the working together group as part of Dempsters revolution to spread the Hibbie gospel in our schools. Not before time I say. The meeting is 1.30 before the livi game.
    Hiya, just wondering who set this up? I've never heard anything about it and I'm meant to be involved....

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Hiya, just wondering who set this up? I've never heard anything about it and I'm meant to be involved....
    Dinnae fret Suzy plenty time yet to get an invite ,and well done for all that work you put in raising the profile of leith links .nearly persuaded my son to by one but he has decided to go travelling to New Zealand instead .

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Dinnae fret Suzy plenty time yet to get an invite ,and well done for all that work you put in raising the profile of leith links .nearly persuaded my son to by one but he has decided to go travelling to New Zealand instead .
    Aye, but given I'm a member of WT and organise tickets for children, the fact that I've not heard anything does seems strange, TBH, Ronnie Thanks for trying with your son anyway. Hope he enjoys his travels

Left by mutual consent!
    Franck - no idea only got the phone call on Thursday there from one of Ted Brack's boys who is also a teacher who was asked to get involved. Worth asking about though as it seems plans are afoot.

Franck - no idea only got the phone call on Thursday there from one of Ted Brack's boys who is also a teacher who was asked to get involved. Worth asking about though as it seems plans are afoot.
    Many thanks

John

The next Working Together meeting is Wednesday 13th August 6.30 at the Stadium. Suzy normally gives the report on the community / inclusion volunteering. Why don't you drop her a line with your ideas?

Working together is a philosophy that includes communicating information to the right people at the right time. Given the risk attached to posting 'in the know' stuff about consortia currently in talks it seems like you could do with applying caution in this area?

Aye, but given I'm a member of WT and organise tickets for children, the fact that I've not heard anything does seems strange, TBH, Ronnie Thanks for trying with your son anyway. Hope he enjoys his travels
    Am sure he will You can see him in Don't Drop the Baton on Monday Night BBC 1 . Ps looks like Teachers are getting priority over Nurses get them Telt Suzy

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Am sure he will You can see him in Don't Drop the Baton on Monday Night BBC 1 . Ps looks like Teachers are getting priority over Nurses get them Telt Suzy

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    The next Working Together meeting is Wednesday 13th August 6.30 at the Stadium. Suzy normally gives the report on the community / inclusion volunteering. Why don't you drop her a line with your ideas?

Working together is a philosophy that includes communicating information to the right people at the right time. Given the risk attached to posting 'in the know' stuff about consortia currently in talks it seems like you could do with applying caution in this area?
    Fair enough, your post makes sense. If I get involved in the group, my lips are forever sealed therafter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I often find it hard to believe how supposed Hibs fans feel the need to treat somebody who is both a dedicated, fanatical supporter, and a distinguished former player of the club, as if he's Gary MacKay.

It also seems to be a Scottish trait that we're deeply suspicious of someone from a working-class background who speaks with a working-class accent instead of applauding them for their success. I think there's some sensible posts on here rightly asking questions re structure/funding/intent of any takeover bid. When people use words like "asylum" however in connection with the prospect of Paul becoming Hibs' chairman then I find that extremely offensive. As you say, we have a dedicated Hibs fan & a distinguished former player who has the courage to put his head above the parapets & then gets laughed at by posters on here whose achievements, I would respectfully suggest, are unlikely to match those of Paul. Our most recent CEO, RP, came from a rugby background with no knowledge of football or Hibs. We've also had chairmen who were bookies, schoolteachers, builders, minor local businessmen etc etc yet somehow having a former player as our Chairman is a laughable prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

It also seems to be a Scottish trait that we're deeply suspicious of someone from a working-class background who speaks with a working-class accent instead of applauding them for their success. I think there's some sensible posts on here rightly asking questions re structure/funding/intent of any takeover bid. When people use words like "asylum" however in connection with the prospect of Paul becoming Hibs' chairman then I find that extremely offensive. As you say, we have a dedicated Hibs fan & a distinguished former player who has the courage to put his head above the parapets & then gets laughed at by posters on here whose achievements, I would respectfully suggest, are unlikely to match those of Paul. Our most recent CEO, RP, came from a rugby background with no knowledge of football or Hibs. We've also had chairmen who were bookies, schoolteachers, builders, minor local businessmen etc etc yet somehow having a former player as our Chairman is a laughable prospect.
    Well said. As long as they've got the best interests of Hibs at the core of their plans, then they're good enough for me.

Pretty sure Sunderland fans didn't laugh too much when Niall Quinn took over as chairman, they saw it as positive.

Best post of the entire thread. Well said brog.

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Fair enough, your post makes sense. If I get involved in the group, my lips are forever sealed therafter.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....age__st__61350

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Van Winkle View Post
    Pretty sure Sunderland fans didn't laugh too much when Niall Quinn took over as chairman, they saw it as positive.
    I was just going to mention him Sunderland were in a bit of a mess when he took over them and turned things around at Sunderland.

His only concern was he wanted his club who he had played for and supported all his life to do well and get them out the mess they are in and back to where they belonged, something i think Kano wants to do the same for the club he has supported and played for as well and get us out the mess we have been in for the last few years.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Cheers John hope all is well. Just bumped into a St Pats member and the Hibbie connections were scary. As a school teacher, would like to think I am no bull****ter - mind you other former pupils might say otherwise!
    **** me!!!!! You were Johnny Boy's schoolteacher? You must be as auld as the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz_1875 View Post

I have to say, I would have concerns over Kano being Chairman. Apart from being a decent former player, and a fan favourite, what qualifies him to be chairman? I would rather have a chairman making decisions with there head, not there heart.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmith1875 View Post
    I have to say, I would have concerns over Kano being Chairman. Apart from being a decent former player, and a fan favourite, what qualifies him to be chairman? I would rather have a chairman making decisions with there head, not there heart.
    Like Rod Petrie did, you mean?