hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye the finishing was mostly brutal, as were many of the crosses.

As for the commentary, i'd have liked Stubbs to have been miked up so we could hear the calls he was making, and he could have had a bit of banter with the crowd too.
    . Heffernan's finishing was better than most though. Some decent routines though, lot of emphasis on passing and moving. Keepers were being kept busy by Combe, again with some good workouts.

Food outlet must have done a fair trade, steady stream of hotdogs, chips etc coming up the stairs.

Players took plenty of time with the kids for pictures etc.

Certainly should be tried again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    . Heffernan's finishing was better than most though. Some decent routines though, lot of emphasis on passing and moving. Keepers were being kept busy by Combe, again with some good workouts.

Food outlet must have done a fair trade, steady stream of hotdogs, chips etc coming up the stairs.

Players took plenty of time with the kids for pictures etc.

Certainly should be tried again.
    Aye it was certainly enjoyable enough and the routines were good. Definitely worth repeating.

They might need to stick a ball boy up in the stand to collect all the wayward shots though. ;)

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
    It's strange, the shooting in training is normally pretty good. Maybe they were nervous because everyone was watching.
    That doesn't bode well for the coming season

It's strange, the shooting in training is normally pretty good. Maybe they were nervous because everyone was watching.
    It's the Easter Road curse!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    That doesn't bode well for the coming season
    I've heard this a lot today.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    What did you think of the shooting drills?

The finishing was mostly terrible and the crosses weren't much better.

Anyway. The grandson enjoyed his first visit to Easter Rd, even if he was bored after 15mins. :)
    The drills were good I thought the build up play from the half way line with the players having to play the ball round the dummies (cue the puns!) and then play it out wide was good - the execution of the crosses and the finishing wasn't so good. Dont think El Alagui put one on target until the very end. But it was just a training session so not going to read too much into it.

FFS! Fans fault again.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe we should play in an empty stadium and they might hit the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    The drills were good I thought the build up play from the half way line with the players having to play the ball round the dummies (cue the puns!) and then play it out wide was good - the execution of the crosses and the finishing wasn't so good. Dont think El Alagui put one on target until the very end. But it was just a training session so not going to read too much into it.
    Somewhat clutching at straws earlier, I commented to my son that the finishing was no good due to it being an open session and we were lulling the rangers into a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by twiceinathens View Post
    Interesting to watch professionals training, but the shooting exercise certainly did not provide any boost to my confidence!!
    Have to agree.

Taking away from the fact there was a game the night before and that this was a day for the kids to enjoy, I was surprised at the basic nature of the drills that were performed.

Crossing and finishing routine wasn't far away from coaching I delivered 10 years ago at East of Scotland level and execution was poor.

Maybe I was just ahead of my time !

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Perry View Post
    Have to agree.

Taking away from the fact there was a game the night before and that this was a day for the kids to enjoy, I was surprised at the basic nature of the drills that were performed.

Crossing and finishing routine wasn't far away from coaching I delivered 10 years ago at East of Scotland level and execution was poor.

Maybe I was just ahead of my time :cb!
    TBH, I wasn't expecting much more than we saw. Would have been astonished if corner and free kick moves were on show (I know it's a long time since we saw any sign of those in a game, but we can surely hope). Seemed that AS had to explain some of the drills to the players, which implied they weren't something they were too familiar with.

I thought the players' body language was good, in that the moment AS shouted for them, they responded instantly and quickly. Hope it was mutual respect rather than putting on an act for the punters, but I saw something similar last Sunday, when he shouted something from the dugout, players turned, listened and responded.

A good exercise all round. If not held at a weekend, the next one will need to be in the school holidays to have a decent turnout. Hope its good weather in October!