hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garry O'Connor

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Pleased for him. Sometimes you gotta take a step back before you can move forward. Hopefully he does well and gets a move to a bigger team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pleased for him. Sometimes you gotta take a step back before you can move forward. Hopefully he does well and gets a move to a bigger team.
    I thought the same when he signed for Morton. Tragic how his career has ended up. I thought he was a terrific player.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Aye imagine realising you need to work too support your family & going to get an every day job, or self destruct and rely on the state when you were once earning £30k a week.

I have far more respect for KK than I ever will for GC.

I do however wish him luch in getting his life in order & hopefully get a passion for football back
    I think we should let him get on with his life , he obviously has problems however I am sure the constant attention he gets here and other less sympathetic web sites as well as the press are not helping his cause.
    Good luck big Man!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GlenrothesHibee View Post
    I thought the same when he signed for Morton. Tragic how his career has ended up. I thought he was a terrific player.
    It is indeed. Really do hope he has put it all behind him now, he's been nothing but sound whenever i've met him.

Good luck Garry son, everybody deserves a chance.

If everybody in the world was perfect it would be a perfect world and utterly, utterly boring. I'm sure Gary doesn't need anybody to remind him that he has messed up. He is still a young man and can make a living out of football if he screws the nut and goes for his coaching badges. If he turns out to be good at it what better man to have at a club to advise young players of the perils of getting stuff wrong off the field.

Good luck to him.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Good luck Garry

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlenrothesHibee View Post
    It is indeed. Really do hope he has put it all behind him now, he's been nothing but sound whenever i've met him.
    Agree to all of that except bit in bold. I just want him to be happy playing again at whatever level.. I remember some saying he used to have kids knocking on his door and he went out and played street footy for a bit with them .... Hopefully he can start to enjoy the game again like he used to, and then what will be, will be regarding clubs etc.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Aye. Amazing how many perfect people there are on here.

Good luck Gaz. Hope you can back to a higher level.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Got a feeling that getting a regular game of football isn't Garry's top priority at the moment. Whatever he does with his future it will pan out based on his own actions.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I hope Garry can get everything back on track. He gave us Hibbys some right good times, brought in a £1.8m transfer fee and if memory serves me correctly, donated his signing on fee at Moscow to the Hibs academy.

His issues have been well documented but I wouldn't wish the guy anything other than good luck.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    I hope Garry can get everything back on track. He gave us Hibbys some right good times, brought in a £1.8m transfer fee and if memory serves me correctly, donated his signing on fee at Moscow to the Hibs academy.

His issues have been well documented but I wouldn't wish the guy anything other than good luck.
    This

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Agree to all of that except bit in bold. I just want him to be happy playing again at whatever level.. I remember some saying he used to have kids knocking on his door and he went out and played street footy for a bit with them .... Hopefully he can start to enjoy the game again like he used to, and then what will be, will be regarding clubs etc.

TBH that's a very good point, as long as he's happy with whatever club he's at, thats the main thing.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I can't see him holding a place in the team at Selkirk. If he can't get motivated to play fir Hibs or Mirton it won't happen. Good luck but he's gonna need it.

He's just a big daft laddie that just wants to play football. Sadly if he'd looked after himself slightly better he would still be playing at a higher level.

Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    He's just a big daft laddie that just wants to play football. Sadly if he'd looked after himself slightly better he would still be playing at a higher level.

Good luck to him.
    Indeed - and you could say the same about many of us on this board, myself included.

GOC scored for Selkirk again today (just looking for some good Hibs related news!)

Interestingly, it was against Vale of Leithen for whom alleged Hearts supporting Nazi Ryan Sclater plays for. Wonder if he got a game today?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    GOC scored for Selkirk again today (just looking for some good Hibs related news!)

Interestingly, it was against Vale of Leithen for whom alleged Hearts supporting Nazi Ryan Sclater plays for. Wonder if he got a game today?
    Big Gaz will score 30 plus this season for the Souters

Their problem will be holding onto him in the transfer windows. Well done big yin

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

Well done big Gaz