hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: handling

He was brilliant on Saturday. Really hope he gets a lot of chances this season. Has a bit of skill and composure about him, be good seeing him just behind the striker more often.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said Doddie You have saved me posting a long rant We all have opinions but some Hibs fans need to take a look at themselves All thats left to say is DH now has a coach who believes in him To the poster questioning Harris same applies
    Both have a chance to prove me wrong and will happily be proven wrong it's all about opinions etc that's why forums are here

I look forward to many more threads from you taking about the players that are impressing you.

@hibs.net private member
    He must be doing something right in training because every manager he's played under wants to include him in their first team squad even if they don't play him in his favoured position. I think he needs to play up front rather than in midfield or on the wing for us to see the best of him. Remember too that he is only 20. He should get physically stronger in the next few years.

Lets be honest here. Danny has been in and around the first team for a few seasons now and has done very little when he has played to show that there is real talent bubbling under the surface waiting to burst out. I don't see that as dissing a young player, I have seen every game he has played in at ER and at no time has he had a stand out performance where he has made an impact, as starter or sub.

I'm not talking about scoring a hat trick or setting up a couple of goals, I just mean a performance where you walked away saying 'tell you what, Handling didn't deserve to be on the losing side' I'm sorry to say I have no recollection of that ever happening.

If the fans who say that there is a player of the standard we need in Danny Handling are correct it is really time he started showing it, for me he hasn't up till now. I seriously hope this is the season he changes my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    He was brilliant on Saturday. Really hope he gets a lot of chances this season. Has a bit of skill and composure about him, be good seeing him just behind the striker more often.
    Erm ...... He did OK mate, but if that's your idea of brilliant you are easily pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Lets be honest here. Danny has been in and around the first team for a few seasons now and has done very little when he has played to show that there is real talent bubbling under the surface waiting to burst out. I don't see that as dissing a young player, I have seen every game he has played in at ER and at no time has he had a stand out performance where he has made an impact, as starter or sub.

I'm not talking about scoring a hat trick or setting up a couple of goals, I just mean a performance where you walked away saying 'tell you what, Handling didn't deserve to be on the losing side' I'm sorry to say I have no recollection of that ever happening.

If the fans who say that there is a player of the standard we need in Danny Handling are correct it is really time he started showing it, for me he hasn't up till now. I seriously hope this is the season he changes my mind.
    Spot on not like he's the new kid on the block! I hope he turns out be what some people seem see and think

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I think this season should be a fresh start or everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    From January he has physically developed and is a lot stronger on the ball, keeps possession and can find a pass. I don't no which games you've been too recently.
    I'm not sure what his best position is. Could he be a midfielder in waiting? If so, he still might find it a struggle to breakthrough at Hibs, with Stanton and Allan ahead of him for an attacking midfield berth.

Thought he had a good game on Sunday but it would be Danny I'd be looking for Scott Allan to replace - from that starting 11.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by smithyhfc View Post
    Well wouldn't be hearts as am sure that's HMFC but maybe that's bit too much for you to understand
    I have no problem understanding that you've started a thread inviting a debate on whether two of the younger members of our squad are good enough to be playimng for Hibs.

Hoping it was going to turn nasty, were you? Get a bit of entertainment?

And of course, if you WERE a closet jambo, you'd be sure to let everyone know by your choice of username, wouldn't you?

I refer you to Jack's thread below.

He's right - you're wrong.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?287568-When-we-discuss-players-1-2-3

Eh? Turn nasty what you talking about? I'll let you rant on

Newly joined the forums and immediately start slagging off two fairly bright young prospects at the club, did you think you were going to get off lightly here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Van Winkle View Post
    Newly joined the forums and immediately start slagging off two fairly bright young prospects at the club, did you think you were going to get off lightly here.
    Am not the only one that thinks this though am I? Shouldn't matter if your new/old user I'd have thought the site was better than that obviously not

Am not the only one that thinks this though am I? Shouldn't matter if your new/old user I'd have thought the site was better than that obviously not
    Slagging off Harris who is highly thought of and also Handling who although divides opinion is still a decent player, to me it looks just like you're having a personal attack on these two young lads, are you annoyed they're better than you and you can't hack it??

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Oh great - another in-depth dissection of why one of our younger players isn't good enough and never will be.

He's 20, and for most of his career at ER the first team coaches at the club have been (at least, according to the majority of posters on this forum) incompetent, brainless numpties. I would prefer to say that it's never good for a young player's development when the club he's signed for descends into confusion and turmoil as Hibs have done over the past few years.

The times I've seen him he's appeared to be a player with real potential but in need of coaching and direction which he hasn't been getting.

Alan Stubbs seems to reckon he can make something of Danny, which is why he hasn't released him.

I think Alan should be given the chance to work with the guy, and Danny could do with some genuine support and encouragement from the fans, maybe?
    Totally agree.
    Seems to have filled out a bit and looks stronger with great potential. Best performance to date. Let's hope he keeps improving and learning under Stubbs. Same applies to young Harris. Give them some encouragement !!!

Not been overly impressed so far.

But he deserves a clean slate like everyone else now he's working under a proper manager.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Slagging off Harris who is highly thought of and also Handling who although divides opinion is still a decent player, to me it looks just like you're having a personal attack on these two young lads, are you annoyed they're better than you and you can't hack it??
    Nothing personal but don't think good enough :) i think Cummings Sammy n Forster are good young players as well as young Lewis allan thought Caldwell was better than handling too

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Eh? Turn nasty what you talking about? I'll let you rant on

I'm not ranting.

Just politely questioning your credentials.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Big season for all the young lads this season coming, time for them to step up and start putting in good shifts every week, it's a tough league they are playing in now, hope they are up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I look forward to many more threads from you taking about the players that are impressing you.
    Makes a change from Paul and Lewis underscore does it not??

Hopefully DH will get it together and prove that he can do it at the level required. And consistently.

First Team Regular
    Nothing personal but don't think good enough :) i think Cummings Sammy n Forster are good young players as well as young Lewis allan thought Caldwell was better than handling too
    Now i know you are kidding

Now i know you are kidding
    Kidding about? :/
    Last edited by smithyhfc; 29-07-2014 at 01:36 PM.

First Team Regular
    Kidding about? :/
    Caldwell

Caldwell
    He scored a winner against Hearts at Tynie so done more than handling has in first team and both came through together and am sure Caldwell was goal machine at under 20s
    Last edited by smithyhfc; 29-07-2014 at 01:41 PM.

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Can I change my username?

Left by mutual consent!
    Am I right in saying his favoured position is striker?

He scored a winner against Hearts at Tynie so done more than handling has in first team and both came through together and am sure Caldwell was goal machine at under 20s
    Has a stinking billy big baws attitude and has quite rightly been punted, average player at best.

First Team Regular
    I think i have lost the will to live

I think i have lost the will to live
    Glad :) you have nothing to back anything but try pick on someone making a point! Sad really

Has a stinking billy big baws attitude and has quite rightly been punted, average player at best.
    Never meet him personally to comment on his attitude but before butcher hated him He looked decent enough