hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: handling

handling

I've read few comments thinking he's a good player and others thinking he's not good enough! So was wondering what everyone thinks??

I don't think he's good enough unfortunately no pace, poor first touch, doesn't seem be able find a pass, does look the part though but not for footballing reasons

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by smithyhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've read few comments thinking he's a good player and others thinking he's not good enough! So was wondering what everyone thinks??

I don't think he's good enough unfortunately no pace, poor first touch, doesn't seem be able find a pass, does look the part though but not for footballing reasons
    I think you have answered this yourself, some think he is good and others don't

Quote Originally Posted by db03 View Post
    I think you have answered this yourself, some think he is good and others don't
    Ye but asking people's thoughts on him

Ye but asking people's thoughts on him
    as in attributes? personally never really liked the look of him when I have watched him, was not strong enough and didn't look comfortable in possession but on Sunday he looked much improved

Quote Originally Posted by db03 View Post
    as in attributes? personally never really liked the look of him when I have watched him, was not strong enough and didn't look comfortable in possession but on Sunday he looked much improved
    I didn't think he supported big Farid enough either running off him or giving him an opportunity to linkup with

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I get the impression he prefers the status of being a footballer than actually doing the job of being a footballer.

Those who watch the u20's tell me he's excellent for them but i've seen next to nothing to suggest he's got a future in the game.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I think this season should be a fresh start or everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I get the impression he prefers the status of being a footballer than actually doing the job of being a footballer.

Those who watch the u20's tell me he's excellent for them but i've seen next to nothing to suggest he's got a future in the game.
    That's what I meant by looks the part although I think the under 20s football is very pass pass nothing like the step up to senior football

I've only seen him play about 3 good games, the falkirk semi when he came on, vs hearts in march and on Sunday which I thought was his best performance by far, he looked much sharper and kept turning very well and getting away from his marker.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    For the first 30 mins on Sun i thought DH was our new signing Allan ( the kids wanted to sit right at the back of the East had a part to play in that too ) he was always looking for the ball and finding a player in green when he had the ball .
    Ggtth

Not good enough imo, we let better youngsters go....might suit a smaller team

First Team Breakthrough

From January he has physically developed and is a lot stronger on the ball, keeps possession and can find a pass. I don't no which games you've been too recently.

'S' Form
    Tin hat on but ive been fairly impressed with him this pre season, granted ive only been at the Dunfermline and Dundee united games, but there was a definite improvement on last season in my eyes (not hard tho lets be honest) . seems he wants to drop short for the ball and is always looking for the pass. I feel the problem with handling is finding the correct position for him. he isn't a striker but I think he is capable of playing behind one. stubbs must see something in him as he has played the majority of the Dunfermline and Dundee united games

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I still don't know/see what he's meant to bring to the team. He certainly doesn't look like a striker, or a winger, he's not a central midfielder, and he's shown nothing that would suggest he is creative enough to play in the role behind a striker.

Probably a decent player, but he doesn't seem to excel in any position. It's a big season for him, if he cant make a position his own, at Championship level, then that could be the end for him at Hibs I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    From January he has physically developed and is a lot stronger on the ball, keeps possession and can find a pass. I don't no which games you've been too recently.
    What games you been to more like you been playing fifa? Saw none of the above since pre season never mind January

First I seen of him on sunday and I was very impressed, he held the ball well, had a good few wee tricks/turns and was constantly looking for the ball, he showed good willingness and like Stanton, he got well stuck in and did his share of defending from the front, big year for a lot of these young lads.

@hibs.net private member
    Danny is a cracking player with loads of ability. Playing just in behind a main striker will suit him. Also having a manager who believes in him and encourages his talent will help immensely as well. I think his undoubted potential will come through under the guidance of Stubbs.

I've been raving about Danny to my mates since seeing him play for the younger Hibs sides so I am hoping he will prove me correct ;)

In all seriousness though I do believe Danny has the ability to succeed and hopefully in a more free flowing team he will take his chance.

Not convinced with Danny or Harris. But after watching both against Utd Stubbs style seems to bring the best out them and they were proving me wrong which was good to see.

Has his moments, like sunday and most of the other friendlies but never has an end product to his play... EVER!! If he wants to play the No.10 role, he needs to link up with El Alagui more and start to get beyond him, which i don't think he is capable of.

Looks the part?

He's not good enough? No pace? Poor first touch? Unable to find a pass? But looks the part in a non-footballing reasons?

Only having a laugh here Smithy.......I think I must look the part for something then. I can't drive a ball, short game is terrible, and my putting is woeful....think I might look the part for the Senior Golf tour

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Oh great - another in-depth dissection of why one of our younger players isn't good enough and never will be.

He's 20, and for most of his career at ER the first team coaches at the club have been (at least, according to the majority of posters on this forum) incompetent, brainless numpties. I would prefer to say that it's never good for a young player's development when the club he's signed for descends into confusion and turmoil as Hibs have done over the past few years.

The times I've seen him he's appeared to be a player with real potential but in need of coaching and direction which he hasn't been getting.

Alan Stubbs seems to reckon he can make something of Danny, which is why he hasn't released him.

I think Alan should be given the chance to work with the guy, and Danny could do with some genuine support and encouragement from the fans, maybe?

So you just thought you'd start another thread slagging off a talented young player.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Probably being paranoid here, but you have 19 posts, smithyhfc.

Care to share with us what the "h" in your username stands for?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    So you just thought you'd start another thread slagging off a talented young player.
    A talented young player? Really? Asking people's thoughts on him and giving my thoughts! That's what forums are for! Collins was still young and got dogs abuse on here

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Certainly needs to work on intelligent movement. Playing the number ten role he needs to be finding spaces in between midfield and defence and struggled a lot on Sun. Every player deserves time to learn, so we will see what happens during the season. Once Allan is fit and Cummings is back I can't see Handling starting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Probably being paranoid here, but you have 19 posts, smithyhfc.

Care to share with us what the "h" in your username stands for?

Well wouldn't be hearts as am sure that's HMFC but maybe that's bit too much for you to understand

You've already stated what you think about him in multiple threads...and you;ve done it to harris too. So you either dont watch football or you are on the wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    You've already stated what you think about him in multiple threads...and you;ve done it to harris too. So you either dont watch football or you are on the wind up.
    Am not the only one that thinks both players might not be good enough for hibs first team as if you read above plenty saying same things about handling! Harris I just think is bit light weight for senior football both players will get there chance this season and if they prove me wrong ill happily admit I was wrong!

Left by mutual consent!
    Handling has potential. But if he's not getting to turn with the ball in the hole between their midfield and defence he looks lost.

He also needs to add a bit more of an attacking threat, maybe go past a player and get a shot away now and then or run the channels when turning through the middle isn't working.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Oh great - another in-depth dissection of why one of our younger players isn't good enough and never will be.

He's 20, and for most of his career at ER the first team coaches at the club have been (at least, according to the majority of posters on this forum) incompetent, brainless numpties. I would prefer to say that it's never good for a young player's development when the club he's signed for descends into confusion and turmoil as Hibs have done over the past few years.

The times I've seen him he's appeared to be a player with real potential but in need of coaching and direction which he hasn't been getting.

Alan Stubbs seems to reckon he can make something of Danny, which is why he hasn't released him.

I think Alan should be given the chance to work with the guy, and Danny could do with some genuine support and encouragement from the fans, maybe?
    Well said Doddie You have saved me posting a long rant We all have opinions but some Hibs fans need to take a look at themselves All thats left to say is DH now has a coach who believes in him To the poster questioning Harris same applies