hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to hear that about James, you have to wonder if that would have been necessary if we hadn't been relegated.

The players have some accountability for that relegation so they really shouldn't be so quick to lay into the club.

We're down to 5000-odd season tickets as a result of a terrible season last year, the players must have known that there would be casualties at the club if we went down yet many were up George Street or arguing with the joker in charge. One win would have kept us up, you can't greet about cuts when you're partially culpable for the reason the cuts have to be made.

The brutal thing is a great guy and coach has to take the hit while these guys are able to move on to other clubs.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    How come when ex players salivate about how much they loved Hibs (Ivan for example) we cannae get enough of it but whenever an ex players says something negative they're called everything under the sun?
    Because nobody and I mean nobody can denigrate our club BUT if we as fans do it then it's okay.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I said on a thread the other day that James doesn't deserve this as he has done a great job and is obviously good at what he does. It's just a shame that football is just a business at the end of the day
    Caldwell should have been tweeting an apology for not being able to keep us up because he got punted on loan for not being arsed to track back on a game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    How come when ex players salivate about how much they loved Hibs (Ivan for example) we cannae get enough of it but whenever an ex players says something negative they're called everything under the sun?
    That has to be the stupidest question ever.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Banter

"No hidden agenda in my tweets as I said if I wanted to cause controversy I'd speak about the last manager! That's not what I'm wanting! 1/2"

First Team Regular
    Caldwell should have been tweeting an apology for not being able to keep us up because he got punted on loan for not being arsed to track back on a game.
    Your right it's Ross caldwells fault..........this place gets more mental by the day!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    What's all this about

I've no really got a problem with what he's said. I've read folk on here saying as much already.

But, to be blunt, I couldnt care less what James McPakes opinion is on anything to do with Hibs, he might as well have been talking about who'll appear on the next Strictly Come Dancing or what his favourite condiment is. That's what Twitters for though isn't it? People giving their opinion about things when naebody even asked them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    "No hidden agenda in my tweets as I said if I wanted to cause controversy I'd speak about the last manager! That's not what I'm wanting! 1/2"

Why is he bringing it up then if he doesn't want to cause controversy? 😂

If someone said I was David Beckhams doppelgänger I would lap it up.

If someone said I was Rudi Skacels double I would call them everything under the sun.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JIm View Post
    Your right it's Ross caldwells fault..........this place gets more mental by the day!
    Yes because clearly I meant it was all Ross Caldwell's fault. Like you say, more mental by the day!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Yes because clearly I meant it was all Ross Caldwell's fault. Like you say, more mental by the day!
    It's like One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest...

Maybe if he wants to talk about things that are a shambles he can discuss his 'tackle' and performance in the LC defeat to Hearts.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    In hindsight that was perhaps yet another failure on the part of our management team. A young player is publicly castigated for an error & deliberately embarrassed, the substitute being substituted! Tremendous man management!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    That's the stuff I want to hear about

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    That has to be the stupidest question ever.
    I'm sure I could top it without really trying
    This is how it feels

First Team Regular
    If I've misinterpreted your post apologies! Just can't get my head round some of the stuff I've read recently!

If I did read correctly tho I just don't see the point in dragging nonsense like this up?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JIm View Post
    If I've misinterpreted your post apologies! Just can't get my head round some of the stuff I've read recently!

If I did read correctly tho I just don't see the point in dragging nonsense like this up?

Blog Entries
    I know there's already a thread re James McD but this does seem a bit of an og at a time when the club & LD/ AS in particular really seem to be getting us back on track.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bill Hendry I think
    It'll not be Bill Hendry. No chance.

@hibs.net private member
    I find things like this interesting as it gives an insight into how things work and/or what really went on behind the scenes in previous seasons. As long as it's not malicious/libellous I really don't see a problem with former players passing comment about their former clubs and football in general. Many players (perhaps most) retain more than a passing interest in their former clubs and many are pretty passionate about it - take Boozy, Ivan, Kano as examples - particularly Kano - I challenge anybody on this thread to tell Kano to his face that he has no right to pass comment on what goes on at Easter Road

As much as I liked mcpake when at hibs and thought he was a half decent defender, this is the kinda snitchin n bitchin I want out the club. I understand he liked the coach but he's acting like a fish wife at a car boot sale.

Sorry to hear that about James, you have to wonder if that would have been necessary if we hadn't been relegated.

The players have some accountability for that relegation so they really shouldn't be so quick to lay into the club.

We're down to 5000-odd season tickets as a result of a terrible season last year, the players must have known that there would be casualties at the club if we went down yet many were up George Street or arguing with the joker in charge. One win would have kept us up, you can't greet about cuts when you're partially culpable for the reason the cuts have to be made.

The brutal thing is a great guy and coach has to take the hit while these guys are able to move on to other clubs.
    Very much this. JMcD and other youth coaches are suffering the collateral damage from the relegation.

It is not nice but there it is. I see no problem with McPake commenting on this.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    There's always going to be unpopular decisions made when changing the entire culture of a club. I hope JMcD stays, but if Leeann Dempster thinks that a change is required I'm prepared to trust her experience. Time to look forwards rather than back.

Left by mutual consent!
    “@aaliyahclancy: @Steven_Hendo96 @JamesMcPake6 @jamesyboy8 make Hibs a million??want to look at bill hendry head of academy.like a cancer in that club!!”

Strong words from Clancy

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    I've no issue at all with James' comments. Clearly outlines his fondness for the club and outlines his dissapointment at the potential loss of a good coach and probably friend.

As said on this thread however he would do well to reflect on the part the players played in driving Hibs into relegation where this sort of cost cutting/new regime collateral damage is an unhappy consequence. The previous management team were a disaster - but the players went hiding and didn't show professional pride when it was needed most.

I do hope we retain JMcD's services - proven good coach with an ability to nurture and develop youngsters.

I must admit I don't understand why Bill Hendry is still in position. It's clear that George Craig is now running the football operation so why keep Hendry on?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    I've no issue at all with James' comments. Clearly outlines his fondness for the club and outlines his dissapointment at the potential loss of a good coach and probably friend.

As said on this thread however he would do well to reflect on the part the players played in driving Hibs into relegation where this sort of cost cutting/new regime collateral damage is an unhappy consequence. The previous management team were a disaster - but the players went hiding and didn't show professional pride when it was needed most.

I do hope we retain JMcD's services - proven good coach with an ability to nurture and develop youngsters.
    McPakes performance in the league cup against Hearts got Fenlon the sack. He's a cheek to moan about Butcher.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    McPakes performance in the league cup against Hearts got Fenlon the sack. He's a cheek to moan about Butcher.
    I believe there was significantly more to Fenlons sacking than that!

Just like anyone on this Forum who cares about Hibs - he's entitled to his view.

First Team Breakthrough
    Why is he bringing it up then if he doesn't want to cause controversy? 
    So would rather folk not know and just wait for some two line press release from the club thanking him for his service?

This is the first sign of george craig s influence on the club. It's his responsibility. I want to know what people who have worked with mcdonaugh think, and they all seem to think it's a shocking decision.