hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ticket Prices - Feedback from fans

I was looking the single match ticket prices for our upcoming season and wanted to know a few of things:

Did the fans that meet with LD request these prices to be reduced?

If this was requested did LD state why they would not be reduced?

Also I think the prices are ridiculous, if you look at the Livingston game, 1st of the season, there may have been a decrease in price to encourage more fans to the game. £22 for an adult is shocking for the level of football we get (Scottish, Second Tier) and for the product we have shown over the last few seasons.

What is the general consensus on here?

I cannot purchase a season ticket as I sometimes have to work a Saturday and would also like to pick and choose games when they suit me. I am aware there was no reduction in season ticket prices.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was looking the single match ticket prices for our upcoming season and wanted to know a few of things:

Also I think the prices are ridiculous, if you look at the Livingston game, 1st of the season, there may have been a decrease in price to encourage more fans to the game. £22 for an adult is shocking for the level of football we get (Scottish, Second Tier) and for the product we have shown over the last few seasons.

I cannot purchase a season ticket as I sometimes have to work a Saturday and would also like to pick and choose games when they suit me. I am aware there was no reduction in season ticket prices.

Season Ticket prices are remaining the same. Do you think it should be cheaper for walk ups then?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Season Ticket prices are remaining the same. Do you think it should be cheaper for walk ups then?
    No.

I know that both are not getting reduced and I think Season tickets should have been reduced too.

I wanted to know if there was pressure out on LD by fans to reduce ticket prices and what her reasons were at the meeting?

Also wanted to know if people agree or disagree with the prices.

I cannot purchase a season ticket as I sometimes have to work a Saturday and would also like to pick and choose games when they suit me
    Does this mean you would have bought a ST at existing prices (without work getting in the way) but won't pay £22 for the odd game?

Edit: I think I missed your point. I think the majority view was that prices should remain the same but that those who buy STs should be given 'more value' (whatever that ends up meaning).

No.

I know that both are not getting reduced and I think Season tickets should have been reduced too.

I wanted to know if there was pressure out on LD by fans to reduce ticket prices and what her reasons were at the meeting?

Also wanted to know if people agree or disagree with the prices.
    It all depends on whether you would rather see the Club have more money to spend, giving us a greater chance at promotion, or cutting admission prices, thus cutting the playing budget back?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Does this mean you would have bought a ST at existing prices (without work getting in the way) but won't pay £22 for the odd game?

Maybe, would require a bit of thinking on my part if i'm honest as I feel it is expensive.

Never said I wouldn't pay for the odd game as I will be going to a few this season but think it is overpriced.

I am not a ST holder as my work rota involves alternate weekends. The walk up price has to remain the same as this is only fair to ST buyers. Not sure we'll get a lot of away fans through the doors with these prices, but apart from the big three, no other team has a large traveling support anyway. If what I have seen so far is an indication of the type of football we'll be playing this season, then it'll be worth it when you take last seasons performances into account.

Glad you brought this up. I would hate for this to go unremarked upon all summer.

@hibs.net private member
    It was raised but due to the cost of a season ticket the prices cannot be reduced. Season tickets offer poor enough value.

BTW Hearts tickets for category B games are £27, £23, £19 and £17 depending on where you are sitting. Hearts also charge £1.50 for paying by debit/credit card and do not have print at home option.

Rangers are charging between £23 and £32 for tickets for the Hearts game. I don't know if they charge for mailing.

It therefore seems our tickets are competitively priced compared to our main rivals
    Last edited by PatHead; 28-07-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Why cant we get a £25 kids season ticket for the east

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    It was raised but due to the cost of a season ticket the prices cannot be reduced. Season tickets offer poor enough value.

BTW Hearts tickets for category B games are £27, £23, £19 and £17 depending on where you are sitting. Hearts also charge £1.50 for paying by debit/credit card and do not have print at home option.

Rangers are charging between £23 and £32 for tickets for the Hearts game. I don't know if they charge for mailing.

It therefore seems our tickets are competitively priced compared to our main rivals
    Damn, beat me to it. Was about to post the exact same thing. Fans want us to be competitve with our 2 main rivals for promotion, yet want us to reduce our income by lowering prices.

Can't have it all ways I'm afriad.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    Why cant we get a £25 kids season ticket for the east
    I'd imagine this would be because the East is our most popular stand, in theory, so Hibs are looking to maximise income?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Glad you brought this up. I would hate for this to go unremarked upon all summer.
    Seriously

As far as I can see, there isn't a thread with "season ticket" or "ticket prices" in the title on the front page of the main forum. Therefore, if the OP is curious, surely he is entitled to open a thread and allow those that are able and willing to offer a helpful response. He probably doesn't spend as much time on here as yourself. Perhaps it would have been more helpful to refer him to one of the previous threads that have covered this rather than playing the smert erse?

As far as repetition of themes across threads is concerned - I think constantly breaking up other people's discussions with negative posts or attempts to rub-up other members the wrong way is far more irritating than querying something that may already have been covered.

All my opinion of course.

I think maybe the point the OP is trying to make is whether in isolation we all feel that £22 is a fair price to pay for a home Championship (First Division - old Second Division) match v say Cowdenbeath, Livingston or Alloa Athletic?

I guess simple economics of supply and demand will tell. At the moment I would think that supply far outstrips demand and therefore prices should come down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    I think maybe the point the OP is trying to make is whether in isolation we all feel that £22 is a fair price to pay for a home Championship (First Division - old Second Division) match v say Cowdenbeath, Livingston or Alloa Athletic?

I guess simple economics of supply and demand will tell. At the moment I would think that supply far outstrips demand and therefore prices should come down.
    Would that not be unfair on ST holders then?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Seriously

As far as I can see, there isn't a thread with "season ticket" or "ticket prices" in the title on the front page of the main forum. Therefore, if the OP is curious, surely he is entitled to open a thread and allow those that are able and willing to offer a helpful response. He probably doesn't spend as much time on here as yourself. Perhaps it would have been more helpful to refer him to one of the previous threads that have covered this rather than playing the smert erse?

As far as repetition of themes across threads is concerned - I think constantly breaking up other people's discussions with negative posts or attempts to rub-up other members the wrong way is far more irritating than querying something that may already have been covered.

:-)

First Team Breakthrough

Cool

I suppose that a decision to go/not to go is pretty much all or nothing and won't be swayed that much by a 10-15% difference. If we are doing well and playing well then people will come and pay 22 quid. If we are not then I'm not sure a lower ticket price would encourage many more to come.

One additional thought, is it actually true that we will be bringing in lower revenue this year? Is there not a 'parachute' payment? Plus, we have two sell out away ends for the 'New Huns' and 'Oh so Nearly New Diet Huns'. If we play well and get into a winning way we could easily average 10K plus for the other home games. Maybe as much TV money as we'd get in the Premiership? Factor in possible play-off full houses against aforementioned unmentionables and...anyone with the data to come up with a number?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyisGod View Post
    I suppose that a decision to go/not to go is pretty much all or nothing and won't be swayed that much by a 10-15% difference. If we are doing well and playing well then people will come and pay 22 quid. If we are not then I'm not sure a lower ticket price would encourage many more to come.

One additional thought, is it actually true that we will be bringing in lower revenue this year? Is there not a 'parachute' payment? Plus, we have two sell out away ends for the 'New Huns' and 'Oh so Nearly New Diet Huns'. If we play well and get into a winning way we could easily average 10K plus for the other home games. Maybe as much TV money as we'd get in the Premiership? Factor in possible play-off full houses against aforementioned unmentionables and...anyone with the data to come up with a number?
    Play well and challenge for the league and our income won't suffer too much.
    The q's at the pods yesterday will probably have a few signing up for season tickets this week.

Dempster said that she surveyed fans herself* and that 95% were in favour of keeping the prices the same.

I like most of what I've heard from her but personally think she was just taking the p1ss on this occassion (the infamous '95%' figure)

* I believe the total number of fans she bumped into that day was 20 and the odd one out swore at her..... or something like that.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 28-07-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Dempster said that she surveyed fans herself* and that 95% were in favour of keeping the prices the same.

I like most of what I've heard from her but personally think she was just taking the p1ss on this occassion (the infamous '95%' figure)

* I believe the total number of fans she bumped into that day was 20 and the odd one out swore at here..... or something like that.

When I was at school that meant 95% were in favour.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

But we consistently are not competitive with our rivals. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Seriously

Agree 100% and wanted to know folks opinions on this. Just to see what could happen with prices in the future. I don't want empty an stadium but that will continue IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

* I believe the total number of fans she bumped into that day was 20 and the odd one out swore at her..... or something like that.
    Well I wasn't asked. Wonder who was? 95% is all I ever hear these days. I would expect pressure from fans to drop prices. Cheers for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When I was at school that meant 95% were in favour.

Yep, the 95% she quoted was just pure co-incidence and a survey of 20 people you allegedly spoke to that day is a scientific means of deciding something so important

Would that not be unfair on ST holders then?
    season ticket holders always get a raw deal from Hibs. There have been lots of times walk up prices have been slashed to entice more through the gates meaning season ticket holders end up with no real saving for paying upfront.
    Last edited by db03; 28-07-2014 at 01:20 PM.

It all depends on whether you would rather see the Club have more money to spend, giving us a greater chance at promotion, or cutting admission prices, thus cutting the playing budget back?

I can sorta see where you are coming from but on the other hand , why not put season tickets at say £1000 for adults and £550 for concessions(sp)
    as you said that way the club would have more money to spend right?
    the footy strip is x amount, but hey why not help hibs to be able to spend more and pay another £20 above that, after all thsi will help hibs have more money to spend right?

as far as i understand at the moment ,compared to last season we are not doing well for money to spend. i think we have sold in and around 5700 season tickets as opposed to around 8,000 last season.
    so what do you do?
    i think this LD person said something alone the lines if the st price was reduced by £50(and the st holders whom already had paid before we got relegated) we would lose £250k

now that £250k would surely be made up be soemthing like 704 fans(£250k / £355) so in theroy if we had reduced the st prices by £50 and solf 704 st's(adult tickets at £355) we would not be any less well off and imo we would be getting more fans alone buying season tickets

I agree Bobby. Money, money, money. How about making the day out more enjoyable and affordable for all. That means lower prices, more people through the door, lower costs when you are through the door etc. Too many clubs like us trying to follow an EPL type model when we should probably be pursuing a Spartans type model.

Let's say we have sold 4,000 x £400 and 1,500 x £120 ST's. Total bought is 5,500 and total income is £1.78m.

Let's say we want to get that up to £2.6m. Are we really going to do that at current prices? To do we would need to sell 2,000 more at £400 and 500 more at £120. That looks unlikely as things stand.

Imagine we had cut right back and decided that for this season (at least) the cost of watching Hibs should only be about £15 a game.

That equates to an adult ST of about £270. How many would we have sold at that price? Would we have shifted 8k/9k?

What about £70 average for a concession. Would we shift 3k of them?

If so then you would have your £2.6m but importantly 12,000 ST holders. Result?....busy ground....more enjoyable for all...noisier....probably more spent on merchandise etc.

And then they should apply the same logic to the in stadium catering.

Stop automatically increasing prices every year or keeping them at a silly rate. (£22 v Cowdenbeath FFS). Break the mould. Put the customer's/fan's needs first.

Tickets are definitely overpriced for the majority of the opposition we will be facing. I can see very, very low crowds in the middle of winter when we play the likes of Cowdenbeath, Queen of the South and Alloa.

Stop automatically increasing prices every year or keeping them at a silly rate. (£22 v Cowdenbeath FFS). Break the mould. Put the customer's/fan's needs first.

agree 100% with you tory hibby and what you have said in your post
    The bit i have taken from your post worries me a tad.
    Now say we do get upto the spl at the first attempt( in whatever fashion we do get up) what are the chances of hibs INCREASING prices both st and walk up prices for the next again (spl) season?

At the moment i often think of our stadium(assuming we have around 5600 st holders -3600 for the way end?) is being half used which means the seats we have unsold/unsold doing hee haw, though i do understand we have walk ups and well we wont sell out the away end too often though i think the walk ups wont top 10k too often
    As i often think the only thing you know for certain in life is your gonna die, No amount of money will MAKE you win the league, of course imo

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    When was the last time STs went up?

I'd be surprised if season ticket prices rise for our return to the top division in 2015/16. Keeping the same price will be an easy way for the club to thank everyone who has bought a ticket for the coming season.

As regards the fall in season ticket numbers, let's not overlook that sales in the two previous years were inflated by the promise of a cup final ticket.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.