hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Yawn.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    If you took the chib out your pocket, cut the top off the carton and made it like a cup, shirley that would make it safe & within the law?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meanwhile if you're at the rugby you can have a beer at the game.

Don't get me started Matty....Mrs S had to listen to me ranting about the bloke holding 2 bottles of beer in each hand at Ibrox .... just because he is 'civilised' and watching Rugby ......while as a football watching 'hooligan' I am left arguing about having a Greggs black coffee in the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_hibee View Post
    I bought 2 bottles of water today and was handed them in their bottles and we sat in lower section of East drinking in front of stewards
    I didn't see this today but I saw a few people drinking water out of bottles at Forthbank last week and I remember thinking that it was quite odd as I had never seen that before at a Scottish football match.

Maybe they have relaxed the rules on this type of thing. It's about time if they have as thousands of fans in England drink out of bottles every week and I've never heard of any major incident occurring as a result.

First Team Regular over the line's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    This is not correct..as pointed out several times CARTONS ARE ALLOWED (they are not dangerous / resealable as per regs) its just one steward getting it wrong...and as pointed out earlier most on duty today seemed new...

A simple email asking for training clarification would suffice
    Not happy you've made me look at the legislation, like some sort of nerd, but a controlled container is: any bottle, can or OTHER PORTABLE CONTAINER, whether open or sealed.............capable of causing some injury if thrown........
    Not the full blurb but I think that covers it? So unless the carton is the size of a couch and therefore not portable, the law says CARTONS ARE NOT ALLOWED! It would seem you pointed this out incorrectly several times wouldn't it?

I actually think cartons should be allowed and its all a bit daft really. But if I'm going to be told off on here, at least get it right ;););)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    [/B]

It is an offence under the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act, 1995 to enter, or attempt to enter the Ground:
    a) Whilst in possession of a controlled container which is or was capable of holding liquid and which, if thrown would be capable of causing injury to another person

Yes they do!
    I sympathise a little with the guy who started this thread but the rules are there as clear as day. You should really know you are not allowed to bring these containers into the stadium and just accept the rules. fighting them will achieve nothing. next time you go with your kid to the game, don't take a carton, simple. there's no use getting annoyed about it.

also whether they sell similar cartons in the ground is irrelevant. the rules are for those entering the stadium. double standards are part and parcel of going to football matches. just take a trip to glasgow to watch us play the old firm and see for yourself.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boab1875 View Post
    I sympathise a little with the guy who started this thread but the rules are there as clear as day. You should really know you are not allowed to bring these containers into the stadium and just accept the rules. fighting them will achieve nothing. next time you go with your kid to the game, don't take a carton, simple. there's no use getting annoyed about it.

also whether they sell similar cartons in the ground is irrelevant. the rules are for those entering the stadium. double standards are part and parcel of going to football matches. just take a trip to glasgow to watch us play the old firm and see for yourself.
    Is it any wonder why some fans are saying "WTF, why bother?" and just stay at home. The world is going law mad.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If we allow 3 year olds into friendlies with their potentially lethal yet soft, thin cardboard cartons of Um Bongo, I dread to think of what we could be letting ourselves in for against the Yams, Dunfermline or the new team, The Rangers.

Carnlea, your boy may have lost a cheap, and barely nourishing drink, but it was for the greater good.

I salute Rock Steady.

Or whichever company the idiotic fanny with no common sense worked for.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Is it any wonder why some fans are saying "WTF, why bother?" and just stay at home. The world is going law mad.
    They should bring out a law against the over regulation of things and also ban the banning of things! ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E/Port_Hibee View Post
    Not happy you've made me look at the legislation, like some sort of nerd, but a controlled container is: any bottle, can or OTHER PORTABLE CONTAINER, whether open or sealed.............capable of causing some injury if thrown........
    Not the full blurb but I think that covers it? So unless the carton is the size of a couch and therefore not portable, the law says CARTONS ARE NOT ALLOWED! It would seem you pointed this out incorrectly several times wouldn't it?

I actually think cartons should be allowed and its all a bit daft really. But if I'm going to be told off on here, at least get it right ;););)
    Still the crucial part that makes me right and you wrong..... its a juice carton not a half Niddrie.....

Boring but to repeat...been allowed for FIFTEEN YEARS without exception.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    If we allow 3 year olds into friendlies with their potentially lethal yet soft, thin cardboard cartons of Um Bongo, I dread to think of what we could be letting ourselves in for against the Yams, Dunfermline or the new team, The Rangers.

Carnlea, your boy may have lost a cheap, and barely nourishing drink, but it was for the greater good.

I salute Rock Steady.

Ahh but ribena is a bugger to wash out, if she had spilt it on your sparkling new white away top, you might have a different view!?!?!? ;);):D

Yes the rules are there and they forbid anyone from taking in a container that is capable of holding liquid that could cause an injury if it was thrown. With the best will in the world, I fail to see how throwing a carton of ribena could cause an injury to someone.

one of the Saddest sights i ever seen a Easter rd. was just before the Rankers game at the new East Stand/or Sit Doon Stand...

Wee Laddie about 5 with his Dad just bought a plastic drinks bottle from the clubstore - Big Jobsworth wouldn't let him in with it...

It was still in the Hibs Plastic bag...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I salute Rock Steady.

Um bongo.... Giving your age away there fella. For our younger posters they used to drink it in the Congo..

Ahh but ribena is a bugger to wash out, if she had spilt it on your sparkling new white away top, you might have a different view!?!?!? ;);):D

Still the crucial part that makes me right and you wrong..... its a juice carton not a half Niddrie.....

Boring but to repeat...been allowed for FIFTEEN YEARS without exception.....
    So you are saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to cause some injury with a carton, is that right? Some stewards may allow them in and I actually think they should, but my point is that the law states they are prohibited, its a fact. Of course a carton can cause "some injury", doesn't say serious injury, or even state the level of injury, just some injury. The devil is in the detail my friend.

Blog Entries
    So you are saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to cause some injury with a carton, is that right? Some stewards may allow them in and I actually think they should, but my point is that the law states they are prohibited, its a fact. Of course a carton can cause "some injury", doesn't say serious injury, or even state the level of injury, just some injury. The devil is in the detail my friend.
    No I'm not saying its impossible idiots can cut themselves with paper ......but you are incorrect that law states cartons are prohibited as FACT (thats your interpretation) and at ER the interpretation over 15 years is that they are permitted...that is FACT

No I'm not saying its impossible idiots can cut themselves with paper ......but you are incorrect that law states cartons are prohibited as FACT (thats your interpretation) and at ER the interpretation over 15 years is that they are permitted...that is FACT
    Well I for one think these Ribena thugs should be driven out the game immediately, there is no place for vitamins at a Scottish football ground! What about a coconut with the milk in it, are they allowed?

PS, your still wrong, law says no cartons. :D (or coconuts) :D
    Last edited by over the line; 27-07-2014 at 11:07 PM.

If you're going to ban people from doing things, simply because it might cause an injury then everyone would be as well staying in their bed.

What about banning people from bringing coins to a match?

I would rather get a carton of ribena thrown at me than a £1 coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    If you're going to ban people from doing things, simply because it might cause an injury then everyone would be as well staying in their bed.

What about banning people from bringing coins to a match?

I would rather get a carton of ribena thrown at me than a £1 coin.
    I'm not banning anyone from anything, I'm just pointing out what the legislation says. If it was down to me you could drink whisky from the bottle in your seat(should have been compulsory at the back end of last season actually!). Myself I would rather have a pound coin thrown at me, cos I'm a good catcher and I'm a bit skint! :D

If you hold a glass of ribena up to the light, its maroon! Is that not reason enough to ban it from ER? :D

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    If you hold a glass of ribena up to the light, its maroon! Is that not reason enough to ban it from ER? :D
    One mans ribena is another mans poison, this maroon development seals it for me.

We need specific ribena police at every home game to rid our game of this despicable scourge. Its an infinitely bigger threat than this sectarianism everyone talks a lot about, and worse it sounds like ribena is affecting our youth first.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Right so they stop kids coming in with a carton of juice but sell pies, when thrown, would knock a charging rhino out from 50 yards, yup I gerrit

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Ok folks, let's look at this another way.............

...... Has anyone else been in a smilar position????

Looks like this is a rarity and whilst possibly/likely upsetting for parent and child it appears to be a one-off and more of a newbie / over-eager steward. Hopefully no "streams were crossed" and the fault will be a blip and normal service will resume?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    [/B]

It is an offence under the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act, 1995 to enter, or attempt to enter the Ground:
    a) Whilst in possession of a controlled container which is or was capable of holding liquid and which, if thrown would be capable of causing injury to another person

Yes they do!
    No, the offence is qualified. So part 1) bringing in a container (this on its own is not an offence as parts a) and b) have to kick in.

A) is capable of containing liquid
    B) if thrown would be capable of causing injury to another person

So, IMHO a Ribina carton or Capri sun does not qualify under this part of the act. A container on its own as that would include a handbag. A Capri sun / Ribina wouldn't qualify as it wouldn't be able to injure someone when thrown. Bizarrely I recon hot coffee would qualify (scalding risk).

Hibs really have to clarify this. Has the OP contacted the club?

J
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 28-07-2014 at 06:39 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    No, the offence is qualified. So part 1) bringing in a container (this on its own is not an offence as parts a) and b) have to kick in.

So, IMHO a Ribina carton or Capri sun does not qualify under this part of the act. A container on its own as that would include a handbag. A Capri sun / Ribina wouldn't qualify as it wouldn't be able to injure someone when thrown. Bizarrely I recon hot coffee would qualify (scalding risk).

J
    Of course a container of Ribena could cause injury, is your handbag capable of holding liquid?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    One mans ribena is another mans poison, this maroon development seals it for me.

We need specific ribena police at every home game to rid our game of this despicable scourge. Its an infinitely bigger threat than this sectarianism everyone talks a lot about, and worse it sounds like ribena is affecting our youth first.
    Hang on a minute..........Ribena is MAROON and Capri Sun is ORANGE, and its not only allowed into the ground (although the law says no cartons to enter ;) ) it is sold in the ground!
    This is the sneakiest sectarianism ever! We need to act fast before its too late. Our kids ate being slowly poisoned with their hate filled, bigoted soft drinks! Now can you doubters tell me that these cartons can't cause injury!?!? I think you all owe that steward an apology, he is a F'in hero!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by soupy View Post
    Bought one today for my laddie at £1.90 a pop!!!

I bought one outside for 59p and took that into the game with me. The plookie steward checked my bag and said nothing!!

I know they try to do a job but some of them are just power mad and try to act smart. The others are just so thick and content with getting people into trouble so they can brag to their pals about it.

But when the going gets tough and you stand up to them they disappear in a puff of smoke.................

Dont trust any of them!!!! Its time they were all reading the same script and looking for the real law breakers and leaving bairns alone with their juice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J
    It's traditional for supporters to complain on dotnet rather than contact the club.
    Space to let