hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Half Time

First Team Breakthrough Badabing's Avatar

Half Time

Good to see the subs doing some organised drills at half time instead of fannying about and planning their assault on George Street. I'm hoping that Stubbs is demanding a more professional attitude and we'll here less stories about after the game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    I was pleased to see that too.

I know it's a minor point in the grand scheme of things but when just about every other team's subs were doing drills at half time and ours were p*ssing about trying flicks and tricks it's nice to see.

It was good to see

Thats been a regular feature both before games and at ht since Stubbs and the new coaches arrived. Very good to see.

The new conditioning coach was making them do some stretches that I felt from my seat in the East today. I had enough trouble getting up the steps.

@hibs.net private member
    The warm up before the game looked far more orchestrated too. It is frightening how unprofessional we were last year. If Butcher and Malpas were in a normal job they would have been sacked on inefficiency grounds.

Agree with all of the above posts. Everything, from start to finish, was much more professional.

It was great to see the players properly organised and passing the ball to each other, always on the ground, during the pre-match warm up.

Never saw anything like that when those charlatans Butcher & Malpas were in charge.

That has been bugging me for years, that's not just last season.

They looked like they were out there to do something which resembled training.

Good to see.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Much better sitting in the dressing room listening to Butcher slavering ***** and Malpas calling them all *****, before coming out and doing some keepie-ups

Also good to see the kids out playing on the park too. Signs that LD's commitment to engage with the community a lot more is on the go.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That has been bugging me for years, that's not just last season.
    Me too. For a good few years now.

Before the match and at HT, players have just farted about with the ba' like they were playing comby on a Sunday afternoon.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Also good to see the kids out playing on the park too. Signs that LD's commitment to engage with the community a lot more is on the go.
    For all the pish that's gone on the past few years, we have always been good at getting the kids out for a kick about at half time. 10 second challenge and the wee games like what we seen today

Quote Originally Posted by Bayern Bru View Post
    I was pleased to see that too.

I know it's a minor point in the grand scheme of things but when just about every other team's subs were doing drills at half time and ours were p*ssing about trying flicks and tricks it's nice to see.
    Its not a minor point though - its about professionalism.

In both games against Hamilton Accies their subs were out doing intense, organised drills at half with a coach present. Whereas our bunch of goons just strolled about kicking the ball aimlessly at each other.

Even more worryingly, in the home game against Hamilton we had already made 3 substitutions, however despite this James Collins was warming up in front of the North Stand in the hope of getting on ! Scary that Butcher and Malpas never picked up on this.

Great to hear that Stubbs seems to be re-introducing the right habits at the club.

We are well rid of the clowns that are Butcher and Malpas - good riddance you buffoons you

And the sub goalkeeper getting a proper warm up at half time as well. This has bugged me for years that we have never done this and shows Stubbs is not only a breath of fresh air but means business as well.