hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Ach well. Sounds like a decent performance but that cutting edge missing again. Hurry back to fitness Cummings and Heff to give us options up front.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Good display and quite happy with that performance against a decent team.

Left by mutual consent!
    I know it's a friendly, but hopefully Stubbs will realise we need more creativity.

*cough* McFadden please *cough*.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walking out of the stadium and one lad says to his mate "same old pish from Hibs eh".
    Unbelievable.

Seriously
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    1-0 utd
    Petrie!

Left by mutual consent!
    Walking out of the stadium and one lad says to his mate "same old pish from Hibs eh".
    Unbelievable.
    He'll be back when we get to the final of the Ramsdens

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    I know it's a friendly, but hopefully Stubbs will realise we need more creativity.

*cough* McFadden please *cough*.
    He's the type of player who could have played that 1 killer pass or run to get that goal

Going by the lack of comments I take it el gingerino didn't stick out?

All this passing the ball on the deck. Keep this up and I can see us having to renew the pitch by October. Rod will be cacking his pants.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Who was trialist on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Seriously
    Yeah I heard the same walking up Easter rd .. In my opinion Hibs played reasonably well which is still a lot better than last season, Lewis Stevenson stood out at Left back for me, whatever the question is OTJ and Nelson are not the answers. Thought the team played poorer when they came on. The goal came from a slack midfield pass and the defence was stretched, thought Harris. Hanlon, Foster, and a good few others played well before the changes, will reserve judgement on the rest but thought Scott Allan did well and will be a good addition, also thought the ginger haired trialists looked good for the time he was on. Made good runs which were not seen by the Hibs player with the ball and he never gave up, I would give him 90 mins to gets better opinion but looks promising.

Decent performance for 65 mins. Dipped after that.
    Nice to see us dominate possession for a change.
    Lack of creativity is a major problem for us.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Many folk kind of saying, "what a change", "much better", "decent performace but no cutting edge or penetration".

Excuse my ignorance but was it not our lack of creativity, pace, cutting edge and penetration that was our downfall last season! If we haven't changed that we need to and bloody quick.

Sounds watchable which is a start. Passing the ball is a bonus, and should be a platform for the team. The 0-1 scoreline is a bit reminiscent of last season, and the lack of pace….

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Many folk kind of saying, "what a change", "much better", "decent performace but no cutting edge or penetration".

Excuse my ignorance but was it not our lack of creativity, pace, cutting edge and penetration that was our downfall last season! If we haven't changed that we need to and bloody quick.
    Correct on both counts.
    It was a nice change because we controlled possession of the ball. Don't think we have done that for years.
    We also lacked penetration, pace, cutting edge etc.

Very comfortable defensively up to 70 mins then mass substitutions handed the game to Utd, totally crazy decision from Stubbs?

Very poor pass from Allan set Utd up for a rare chance at goal, which they took, other than that there was very little in the game.

Hibs playing one up front doesn't work yet we seem to want to persist with it despite the fact we create very little threat in front of goal? Far too slow in the build up for me with nobody wanting to run at defenders and take them on.

It's only a friendly against a sh!!tte Utd team so no great loss but we're gonna have to create more than we did today to win games in the Championsip.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Doesn't surprise me tbh. Some folk will never be happy.

As others have mentioned today's about fitness and performance and by all accounts we did well in stages with no hoofball in sight.
    Some people obviously are still feeling the affect of many years of getting humped at ER by premier league opposition and the season ticket sales reflect that fact. It is the club that needs to win the fans back, not the other way around and that will take time, like it or not.

You can see by the threads that there are quite a few people who are still not overly impressed after all the players that have departed and relatively few brought in [so far].

The money question is still being raised time and time again; this after a fortune of the fans money has been wasted over recent years, by the clubs custodians.

Rather than expecting everyone to be happy at this stage of the rebuild and finding it peculiar that some people haven’t yet fully bought in, I’m not in the least bit surprised that there is still scepticism about, there have been so many false dawns in the past.

Did Richardson get any game time off the bench at all? The two links posted earlier suggested some quite positive things about the guy so I wondered if he was given a chance. I imagine he would have been, as it would be pointless having a trialist on the bench for the whole game. Even I could pass that one off well. Unless I had to get up quickly for some reason, then there's a great danger of tweaking something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Very comfortable defensively up to 70 mins then mass substitutions handed the game to Utd, totally crazy decision from Stubbs?

Very poor pass from Allan set Utd up for a rare chance at goal, which they took, other than that there was very little in the game.

Hibs playing one up front doesn't work yet we seem to want to persist with it despite the fact we create very little threat in front of goal? Far too slow in the build up for me with nobody wanting to run at defenders and take them on.

It's only a friendly against a sh!!tte Utd team so no great loss but we're gonna have to create more than we did today to win games in the Championsip.
    It was 1 up front as El Alagui was our only fit striker mate...dont think it was through choice

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

Why is it a crazy decision? It's about getting players a run out to have a look at them.

I was much happier with how we played. The team look organised, players look confident. Friendly games are to let the manager see how we look with the players we have so let's not get too worried about things until we see how the team plays in a competitive game. Allan and Booth will both be starters in the team, and I'm sure we'll see a couple more come in too.

Left by mutual consent!
    How did Gray, Allen, El Alagui and Oxley get on?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    It was 1 up front as El Alagui was our only fit striker mate...dont think it was through choice

That's what I think as well. Cummings and Heffernan are injured and don't think we have any other option at this moment in time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wonder if any potential signings were at the game watching?

Knocked the ball about well. Gray will do well at right back in the championship. Harris is like a new signing.

Need to get the issue addressed at the top end of the park though.

Unbelievable.
    I heard the exact same quote leaving the West stand. Some people know nothing about football and are wasting time going to games. There is very little to be negative about after that game. We played very decent football, on the deck and carolled the game for most of the game. They scored when we went to a back 3 and midfield made a mistake. I don't like that back 3 though - if we are going to do it we can't have Nelson in the middle of it.
    I expected the new lad Allan to be playing as an attacking mid when he came on but he played just in front of defence. We really need players who can run at defenders and get them on the back foot (exactly what Utd did to us in the last 10 mins or so)

Allen didn't get long enough but obv has ability.
    Gray was very good
    El Ala also very good and scored a lovely "goal"
    Oxley looks like he's not one for cross balls which i was worried about.

Gamer IDs

Gray looked good. Likes to get forward, decent pass on him and likes a tackle.

Allan gave the ball away for the goal (had only just come on) but made a superb challenge to stop a 2nd goal. Didn't really have much time to make an influence.

El Alagui looked like he'll do well. Good touch, strong, good in the air.

Oxley didn't have much to do. 1 save and 1 cross to collect, and couldn't do anything about the goal.

Wonder if any potential signings were at the game watching?
    Met James Mc Fadden in the bog at half time, took a photo, don't think he was pleased.

james-mcfadden-001.jpg

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Allen didn't get long enough but obv has ability.
    Gray was very good
    El Ala also very good and scored a lovely "goal"
    Oxley looks like he's not one for cross balls which i was worried about.
    What crosses did you expect Oxley to get??

That was night and day. Outplayed Utd for nearly the whole game. Pressed them when we didn't have the ball and also played simple easy passes that we haven't done for ages.

Very impressed with Stubbs style and if we get another striker we will do well in the league.