hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James McDonaugh

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will post in due course once my head is a but clearer as my grandad died yesterday, but for the time being james is still employed by hibs to coach under 20s well the development team.
    Sorry to hear that, RIP.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Really sorry to hear that. Deepest condolences.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Who's been the one constant in all this??? The one who sees himself as untouchable? I'm sure he has taken a fair chunk of dosh from the club for failing to do what every supporter wants..... A good, successful team on the park. Season after season, with the odd flash in the pan he has failed in his duties. That's MY opinion so don't say I have no clue.
    Still not sure who you are talking about taking a massive salary that is still there. Sorry for being a bit thick. The Manager and his sidekick were probably on the biggest salaries and they have left the club albeit I believe we are still paying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Still not sure who you are talking about taking a massive salary that is still there. Sorry for being a bit thick. The Manager and his sidekick were probably on the biggest salaries and they have left the club albeit I believe we are still paying them.

Whats Petrie taken from the club since he began his disastrous overseeing of Hibs??

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Whats Petrie taken from the club since he began his disastrous overseeing of Hibs??
    Since the beginning no idea. It has been shown that he no longer receives a salary from Hibernian FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Since the beginning no idea. It has been shown that he no longer receives a salary from Hibernian FC.

Im certainly not trying to be a smart arse or start an argument mate. Serious question... When did he stop taking a wage from Hibs??

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    Do you think if James was a first team manager and had the kind of season he had with the u20 teams last season he would be out a job just now.

Some people will know a lot of the facts and will know if this is or isn't a positive situation. Sorry no disrespect intended to Eddie may.
    he isn't a first team manager though....Silly point. And what success are you talking about. Yes he has been involved but the young boys haven't won the league for years.

like I say, I don't support the decision and I have played under James before so know he is a good coach. However, football has a bait if ditching coaches and scouts first when regime change happens. Certainly won't be getting my knickers in a twist like you and emailing the club. Let them do their job. If you want to influence things at senior mange ment level I suggest u dig deep and invest in the club. Eddie May has a solid track record at Falkirk so no concerns with him coming in. New structure is what has been needed and if it takes a few good men to go then unfortunately that's what it takes.

also see you say Bill Henry is a wage the if and you are happy for him to go. Why does he not deserve same recognition from u as James for the youth teams "success". Is it just by 2nd hand information you are basing this stuff on???? Like I say, I have worked with both these guys and they do a fine job but the club is wanting to change direction and unfortunately youth coaches, scouts and development managers are always the first to go

Quote Originally Posted by TowerHibs View Post
    he isn't a first team manager though....Silly point. And what success are you talking about. Yes he has been involved but the young boys haven't won the league for years.

like I say, I don't support the decision and I have played under James before so know he is a good coach. However, football has a bait if ditching coaches and scouts first when regime change happens. Certainly won't be getting my knickers in a twist like you and emailing the club. Let them do their job. If you want to influence things at senior mange ment level I suggest u dig deep and invest in the club. Eddie May has a solid track record at Falkirk so no concerns with him coming in. New structure is what has been needed and if it takes a few good men to go then unfortunately that's what it takes.

also see you say Bill Henry is a wage the if and you are happy for him to go. Why does he not deserve same recognition from u as James for the youth teams "success". Is it just by 2nd hand information you are basing this stuff on???? Like I say, I have worked with both these guys and they do a fine job but the club is wanting to change direction and unfortunately youth coaches, scouts and development managers are always the first to go
    I think a key point being missed here is that James can only play the hand he has been dealt with. For example this season he's got a few 15 year olds I think in his squad and he basically gets handed the players and it's over to him to coach them. Fwiw he's done that and done a good job with it but I know he isn't overly impressed with what he's been given to work with but I'm sure he will get on with it like he always does.

Bill Hendry is another matter altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I think a key point being missed here is that James can only play the hand he has been dealt with. For example this season he's got a few 15 year olds I think in his squad and he basically gets handed the players and it's over to him to coach them. Fwiw he's done that and done a good job with it but I know he isn't overly impressed with what he's been given to work with but I'm sure he will get on with it like he always does.

Bill Hendry is another matter altogether.
    Bill is a former school teacher and was John Parks goofer if you like years ago at Motherwell and then Hibs. When Park left for Celtic, I feel Petrie's lack of football knowledge presumed the Bill could just step in and run the academy. BH isn't going to turn down a chance like that. He went from running the happy hibees draws at half time to running the full academy. So yeah I agree with your points, I just don't see why Ozzyhibs is so worked up when on paper (and I am guessing that's what he knows about James) then Eddie May is a better option with his experience, contacts and results.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    His job is to get players ready for the 1st team how many have brought through in recent years and been a success ?
    How many of our managers have been a success? They don't want anyone that plays football. They prefer journeymen who are was past it and like the ball punted away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by TowerHibs View Post

One I'm not ozziehibs
    Two I'm not a he
    three where did I mention bill Hendry being a wage thief?
    Four I do know James
    Five you do not know me therefore do not know if a invest in the club or not.

Anything else you want to rip me up for???

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    How many of our managers have been a success? They don't want anyone that plays football. They prefer journeymen who are was past it and like the ball punted away from them.
    None of our managers have in a success for years but in any business you can't have junior members of staff not following instructions. TB wanted all Hibs teams playing hoofball it was JM call to say no.

I've no doubt he's a good coach but the whole point of the U20s is to prepare players to make an impact on the 1st team and that is where he's not delivered

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    One I'm not ozziehibs
    Two I'm not a he
    three where did I mention bill Hendry being a wage thief?
    Four I do know James
    Five you do not know me therefore do not know if a invest in the club or not.

Anything else you want to rip me up for???
    Ouch. I wouldn't want to spill your drink in a pub.

None of our managers have in a success for years but in any business you can't have junior members of staff not following instructions. TB wanted all Hibs teams playing hoofball it was JM call to say no.

I've no doubt he's a good coach but the whole point of the U20s is to prepare players to make an impact on the 1st team and that is where he's not delivered
    Hasnt he delivered though? Forster, Cummings, Stanton, Harris, booth all current first team players and I watched a fair bit of the u20s last season and there were another couple knocking on the door. Circumstances havnt been ideal for young players to come through in recent years with the constant change in management and the reluctance to play youth over bringing in bigger names or journeyman who they felt would be less risky (we all know how that worked out).

he has them drilled in a passing style now inline with the first team. Butcher came in and ripped the whole ethos of that up and James hands were tied. Let's be honest he couldn't turn round and said no to butcher, would you if your boss told you things were changing and that's the way it's done from now on.

its down to others not James to bring in the right quality of youngster and identify them for James to then coach and work with. If we aren't doing that correctly in the recruitment department well your on a hiding to nothing. Hibs youth now have a lot of Edinburgh based players, not saying that's a bad thing but similarly are we being as active in recruiting wider than this or is this limitations on behalf of Bill Hendry and co? It's been widely publicised that outer recruitment and scouting has been failing not just at first team level so hopefully this will change.

Sorry. Disagree. As I posted before James has prepared young players good enough to play for Hibs the past few years. It's the managers who have overlooked them or sent them out on loan ( Booth ). And when they have played the few through desperation these kids have struggled with mystifying tactics or route one Stone Age football. We played the academy lads In two cup games end of last season and both teams played some really good, entertaining football. On one occasion Malpas appeared and began effing and blinding at the Hibs boys to get the ball forward quickly as well as swearing at the officials and our players. That's just One example I know of that James has been up against. Great coach and a top lad.