hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Hibs to win the league.
    Hearts to beat THE Rangers in the play-off before going on to lose to Dundee in the final ;)
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    That lot still have all the dross that got them relegated and the few experienced players they had have been replaced with unknown quantities, IMO they will struggle to get in the first two and it will be between us and the rangers for the league. The playoffs are a lottery and could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That lot still have all the dross that got them relegated and the few experienced players they had have been replaced with unknown quantities, IMO they will struggle to get in the first two and it will be between us and the rangers for the league. The playoffs are a lottery and could go either way.
    Agree with this. I do however think Falkirk will be the dark horses of the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Might stick 10er on us winning the league

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Might stick 10er on us winning the league
    I get a £10 free bet with sky bet every week, I've stuck everyone of them on hibs winning the league. I've no idea how much I've got on but if we do it I'll be partying for a good wee while.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Hibs to win the league.
    Hearts to finish 2nd /3rd.
    Sevco to finish 4th/5th.
    sorry mate you will be way off with that . how we going to win the league with our october to February slump. sevco will win it in a canter and we will scrape into the play offs like our neighbors.

I'm hoping Hibs win the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I get a £10 free bet with sky bet every week, I've stuck everyone of them on hibs winning the league. I've no idea how much I've got on but if we do it I'll be partying for a good wee while.
    Hahaha, quality mate!

The Rangers to win the league.I really do hope that we finish 2nd and go on to promotion, i have no idea how it will pan out.
    Just once can it go our way please.

Coaching Staff
    Sevco to romp it Hertz clear second

A small group, hopefully including us, fighting for the remaining two play off spots

Can see us, depending on whether there are a few more decent signings or not finishing between third and sixth

But, I emphasise depends on signings

I have no idea how its going to go, but FWIW.

The Zombies should stroll it, with probably the odd glitch along the way. The only danger I can see for them is that the Championship as far as I can see is a fair bit of a step up in quality from the bottom two divisions and a few of their guys will be found out ..... I'm also pleased to say that I think McCoist is a poor manager and even more pleased that a lot of current buns seem to think so too. Oh and financial meltdown of course.

The Yams had a good end to the season, which could be a good thing in that they may be over confident, but if Bauben and Gomis play like they did for Dundee Utd they will have a decent midfield ............. if.

As for us ..... Like I said I have no idea, we have so many things to turn around, our appalling home form, our lack of goals, our inability to win important games and a losing mentality ...... the club are making all the right noises, but we always do pre season ..... as far as Hibs go its a case of wait and see.

As for the rest ...... I have a feeling that any one of them can take points from 'the big three' on their day and theres every chance one of them will mount a challenge for a play off place.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Sevco to romp it Hertz clear second A small group, hopefully including us, fighting for the remaining two play off spots Can see us, depending on whether there are a few more decent signings or not finishing between third and sixth But, I emphasise depends on signings
    Der Hun possibly with the size of their budget should win the league but I don't get this Yams in clear second.

They signed a couple of journeyman midfielders a couple of other unknown players yet they will be clear second.

What happens if they get a few injuries etc their squad then starts to look a bit thread bare.

I really do think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

A keeper and possibly another permanent signing and a few loans will see us moving in the right direction.

I predict we will make the play offs and play Hamilton again

It will be deja vu... all over again. Hopefully with the right outcome next time

@hibs.net private member
    We need about 4-5 more decent signing to challenge for title. Squad just isn't good enough just now.

Rangers to win the league. Us, Hearts and Falkirk making up the top 4.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Der Hun possibly with the size of their budget should win the league but I don't get this Yams in clear second.

They signed a couple of journeyman midfielders a couple of other unknown players yet they will be clear second.

What happens if they get a few injuries etc their squad then starts to look a bit thread bare.

I really do think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

A keeper and possibly another permanent signing and a few loans will see us moving in the right direction.
    I guess time will tell.

However my view is based on the fact that they have had a whole season of adversity to prepare them for this season.

At the end of last season they were playing with a bit confidence, and getting reasonable results.

As for possible injuries leaving them with a threadbare squad.....I think they have more in reserve than us, should that happen to us.

Hope I'm wrong, but most certainly a case of the head ruling the heart in this prediction.

But as I say, time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I guess time will tell. However my view is based on the fact that they have had a whole season of adversity to prepare them for this season. At the end of last season they were playing with a bit confidence, and getting reasonable results. As for possible injuries leaving them with a threadbare squad.....I think they have more in reserve than us, should that happen to us. Hope I'm wrong, but most certainly a case of the head ruling the heart in this prediction. But as I say, time will tell
    I can totally understand where you are coming from but I think we will do well with one or two players hopefully getting their fingers out and showing us what they should of done last season.

There will no doubt be a few glitches along the way but like I say we will be there or there abouts.

As for them having a bit more in reserve..... Young players that played most of last season... Possibly but if we can get a few more in then like I say we will not be far off.

Few players with a point to prove etc so onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    We need about 4-5 more decent signing to challenge for title. Squad just isn't good enough just now.

Rangers to win the league. Us, Hearts and Falkirk making up the top 4.

This. Rangers should win it and us, hearts and Falkirk will make up the top 4 although Im not sure in what order yet.

Wonder if fat sally will still be in a job if rangers arent clear by christmas. If they punt him it would mean a new manager with maybe new players so that should see them win it. Could they cherry pick our best players if we're pushing them?

At the moment:

Rangers

hearts
    falkirk

us
    Livi
    Qots
    Dumbarton
    raith
    Alloa
    Cowdenbeath.
    Last edited by Onceinawhile; 27-07-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Testimonial Due
    The rangers to win the league. Hibs, hearts and Falkirk battling it out for the playoff spot. Anybodies guess who gets it. Whoever does will be promoted imo.

We won't win it.

We could have won it but we'd need an entire overhaul of the team. There are still too many that are not good enough.

I have seen a few mentions of ' clean slates' but that won't happen.

I am extremely hopeful that Stubbs and Dempster will improve the football club in the course of time but he's still relying on too many who let a lot of us down last year.

I do think we'll get into the playoffs and with a few more signings for the right areas, a style of football that means we'll attack with a bit more purpose and a bit luck there is no reason we cannot get promoted. That has to be the aim.

My wife says I am a natural pessimist but despite that...

RANGERS will lose more games than people expect but they will still be too strong over the 36 games
    FALKIRK are my dark horses. They should do enough to get 2nd place.
    HEARTS will stutter at the start but will come on to a run.
    LIVINGSTON to just finish in 4th place on GD.
    RAITH to lose out on fewer goals scored.
    HIBS to be in the play-off places most of the season but have a poor end of the season due to injuries.
    QOS
    DUMBARTON
    COWDENBEATH
    ALLOA

My concern for Hibs is that Stubbs still has to rely on the nucleus of last season's squad with only a handful of new players. They may start the season well but results get poorer due to suspensions and injuries affecting a small squad requiring loan signings in January.

Left by mutual consent!
    We'll finish 4th.

Rangers to win league, battle on between us and Hearts for 2nd and Falkirk not far behind. Tbh as long as we finish in a playoff spot I dont care

First Team Breakthrough bandylegs_jLeighton's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dmcattack
    Although very important, I think too many people are solely looking at the quality of each teams squad on paper. On paper we shouldn't have been relegated last season. What about the managerial performance? Setting teams up well tactically, helping the team build a winning mentality, maintaining a happy, hard working squad, getting your home crowd onside.

The rangers have very good players for this league, but Fat Sally appears to be tactically inept, they play dinosaur football, and I think there will be major unrest in the stands unless they are leading from the off.

Alan Stubbs is a complete unknown. However he has made all the right noises, the players are seemingly enjoying training, it looks as though the teams style of play will be more enjoyable for the fans to watch, and Stubbs seemingly has a good reputation for being an excellent coach amongst those in the game. Under the right guidance, last seasons woeful players could be stars in this league. Fingers crossed - the most important signing of the season might be the manager himself.

Today's game might give us a better insight, Dundee Utd are arguably better than Rangers.

Hibs for league champions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Everybody confidently predicting Falkirk to round out the top 4, or even finish ahead of us, are clearly just looking at the teams in the division and going "Aye, I've heard of them, they'll be up there". The same people who decry the FIFA rankings on the basis of "How can 'country with little historic pedigree' be better than 'country which has historically been good'?!?!?"

Having spoken to some Falkirk fans this summer they very much feel their board are just targeting a mid table finish this season before attempting a challenge next season once one or two of the 'Big 3' have gone up.

I'm sure a team will emerge from the pack to challenge the three of us at the top but don't think it will be Falkirk.