hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chumpionship: Predictions

Here are mine:

Rangers to win it, pretty poor side but probably mid-table SPL.

Hibs and Hearts, much of a muchness, youngish teams with some experience. I think both sides are bottom four SPL but stronger than other Championship sides. That said, either one or both could struggle if they face strong, committed performances.

Problem for both clubs is that they could face each in the play-offs, the winner then having a quick turnaround game against SPL opposition.

I've a feeling both of them might have to do this again next season, without the Sticky Buns.

A lot will be down to what the new management teams at both clubs can get out of their squads.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are mine:

Hibs and Hearts, much of a muchness, youngish teams with some experience. I think both sides are bottom four SPL but stronger than other Championship sides. That said, either one or both could struggle if they face strong, committed performances.

Problem for both clubs is that they could face each in the play-offs, the winner then having a quick turnaround game against SPL opposition.

I've a feeling both of them might have to do this again next season, without the Sticky Buns.

A lot will be down to what the new management teams at both clubs can get out of their squads.

Eh?

Don't you mean dirty ****ing Hun *******s?

The rangers to win the league. Probably with a little help from the officials.

Not meaning to be disrespectful but it will undoubtedly be ourselves playing the Savile mob to see who will contest the play off. Why bother with the season, just toss a coin to determine who has the home game last.

The rangers and us to get promoted

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    THE Rangers to win the league, Hibs to beat Hearts in the play-offs and then hump St.Mirren in the play-off final
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Hibs will win by more than 8 points. Hearts / Rangers / Falkirk

Left by mutual consent!
    Hearts to beat The Rangers last game of the season meaning Hibs win the League with a victory over Falkirk 😉

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Hearts to beat The Rangers last game of the season meaning Hibs win the League with a victory over Falkirk 
    Nelson last minute header :D
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Hibs to win the league.

Part of that is the heart rather than the head.

That said, I don't actually think the yams are in a position that could withstand a Hibs performance that shows commitment and belief.
    Their recent record against us is not about football - it's about the mental side of thegame.

Meanwhile the rangers have an ageing team that will has grown comfortable beating a lot of part timers and which will have an air of complacency.
    I think they can and will struggle against full time professionals playing in organised teams the bulk of whom will want their scalp.

In short - it's all about what Hibs do and there is no reason we cannot go up as Champions.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm calling it HIBS TO WIN THE LEAGUE.

Then full fat and diet to win play of and play SPFL team.

GGTTH

I'm a little bit more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago but I still think we'll finish around 3rd or 4th.

Sevco should win the league quite comfortably with Boyd and Miller up front and H****s have put together a decent squad for this level and I think they'll finish runners up.

That's as things stand, I know there's another four or five weeks to make more signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I'm a little bit more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago but I still think we'll finish around 3rd or 4th.

Sevco should win the league quite comfortably with Boyd and Miller up front and H****s have put together a decent squad for this level and I think they'll finish runners up.

That's as things stand, I know there's another four or five weeks to make more signings.
    Yep, agree with all of that. It'll be interesting to see who we can bring in if anybody. I think that could make a big difference in the long haul.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I don't see us hearts and the rangers finding it as easy as some would think. Teams like Raith and Dumbarton are more than capable of beating all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I don't see us hearts and the rangers finding it as easy as some would think. Teams like Raith and Dumbarton are more than capable of beating all of us.
    Good. It could come down to avoiding banana skins then.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs
    Rangers
    Hearts
    Falkirk
    Livingston
    Dumbarton
    Queen of The South
    Raith Rovers
    Alloa
    Cowdenbeath

Falkirk showed today how to score goals, beating an admittedly poor East Stirling 7-1. I think people are a bit too quick to write off teams like them.

At this moment, I don't think anybody can really predict how Hibs & Hearts are going to do.

Find it hard to believe people think Hibs will win the league. We've only signed 3 players and still have a lot of players who contributed to last season who look like they will be in the first 11 like Nelson, Craig

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Hibs
    Rangers
    Hearts
    Falkirk
    Livingston
    Dumbarton
    Queen of The South
    Raith Rovers
    Alloa
    Cowdenbeath

With two minor adjustments

Hibs
    Falkirk
    Livingston
    Dumbarton
    Queen of The South
    Raith Rovers
    Alloa
    Cowdenbeath
    Rangers
    Hearts

Sadly I can't see past Sevco to win the league. It's between us and the Yams for second with the key being the players we have still to bring in and how quickly our squad gels.

And whoever gets that playoff spot will have good momentum going into the games against the second bottom team in the top flight. If it's us then I'm confident that we will go straight back up.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Testimonial Due
    It's not going to be a procession of the 'big 3' winning every week except for when they play each other, that's for sure. All 3 of us will drop points unexpectedly along the way. If The Rangers drop points early on and find themselves behind I'm not sure their squad of aging mercenaries will be up for the fight to reel us and/or Hearts in. However, if they pull away in the opening weeks of the season they'll probably go on to win handsomely.

I've not been paying attention to Hearts at all but I imagine the two of us will be pretty well level pegging.

The Rangers to finish either third or first as above, Hibs/Hearts to make up the rest of the top three but can't separate us at the moment. First derby is massive to set the tone for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    With two minor adjustments

Hibs
    Falkirk
    Livingston
    Dumbarton
    Queen of The South
    Raith Rovers
    Alloa
    Cowdenbeath
    Rangers
    Hearts
    Please

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Sadly I can't see past Sevco to win the league. It's between us and the Yams for second with the key being the players we have still to bring in and how quickly our squad gels.

And whoever gets that playoff spot will have good momentum going into the games against the second bottom team in the top flight. If it's us then I'm confident that we will go straight back up.

Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Falkirk showed today how to score goals, beating an admittedly poor East Stirling 7-1. I think people are a bit too quick to write off teams like them.

At this moment, I don't think anybody can really predict how Hibs & Hearts are going to do.
    Agreed. The Falling Masonry will win it and Hibs Falkirk and Hearts will fight out the play-off.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    THE Rangers to win the league, Hibs to beat Hearts in the play-offs and then hump St.Mirren in the play-off final

If rather play Hamilton in the play offs and hump them. Revenge for last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Here are mine:

Hibs to win it and our neighbours to get promoted.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    Hibs to win it and our neighbours to get promoted.

I honestly believe we have a strong chance. Rangers have the firepower though, but their defence is horrid.

Hearts I'm not so sure but I do believe we have better midfield players than they do.

Players such as Robertson, Craig, Hanlon, Harris, and even Heffernan have the ability but didn't show it under TB but if Stubbs can get them firing we should remember there are still some decent players in our squad.

Add to that Alagui and Allan we have a proven championship striker and a potentially very good attacking mid.

Hibs to win the league, Hearts to lose the playoff

Hibs to win league
    Hertz to win play off

The Rangers will win the league because they'll throw the most money at it. Might not be their money but hey ho.

Hibs will get into the play-offs somehow, then we'll see what happens from there.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Hibs to win the league.
    Hearts to finish 2nd /3rd.
    Sevco to finish 4th/5th.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn