hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would agree but the stat is that approx. 50% of the 5% of the 95% are not too sure whether they are negative, positive or neutral towards Hibernian. The rest are either positive or negative or neutral but depending on whether Petrie leaves, we change our home strip to the traditional white sleeves, drop ticket prices then 21% of the 5% of the 95% will either go to games or not.

Stats eh!

I was with you all the way up to the word 'but'.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I was with you all the way up to the word 'but'.

I'm with you, 105%..or 11 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    I'm with you, 105%..or 11 1/2.
    95% of posters agree with this. FACT.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The damage done to the club during the disastrous period under the charge of Butcher and Malpas in particular, resulting in a humiliating relegation, will take a lot of work to repair.

A lot of excellent work appears to have been done already by those now in charge of the club, and hopefully in time that hard work will pay dividends on the pitch. Maybe only then will some very disillusioned people come back to ER, and/or renew season tickets.

I'm not looking for miracles this season. IMHO supporters should be realistic about the coming season (nothing wrong with being optimistic either!). If the club does manage to gain promotion in one season it would be an amazing achievement and turnaround from that awful capitulation against Hamilton Accies.

I also fear that some might turn on the coaches and players should Hibs lose to the Huns and/or the Yaks. The season wont be decided on those two games alone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The damage done to the club during the disastrous period under the charge of Butcher and Malpas in particular, resulting in a humiliating relegation, will take a lot of work to repair.

A lot of excellent work appears to have been done already by those now in charge of the club, and hopefully in time that hard work will pay dividends on the pitch. Maybe only then will some very disillusioned people come back to ER, and/or renew season tickets.

I'm not looking for miracles this season. IMHO supporters should be realistic about the coming season (nothing wrong with being optimistic either!). If the club does manage to gain promotion in one season it would be an amazing achievement and turnaround from that awful capitulation against Hamilton Accies.

I also fear that some might turn on the coaches and players should Hibs lose to the Huns and/or the Yaks. The season wont be decided on those two games alone.
    A well considered post.....it's understandable fans want to see some early results and progress. It's more likely though we will see some blips in the early stages of this season. To go up this season would be a great achievement - I'll be happy to still be in touching distance by Christmas and look to kick on in the second half

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    A well considered post.....it's understandable fans want to see some early results and progress. It's more likely though we will see some blips in the early stages of this season. To go up this season would be a great achievement - I'll be happy to still be in touching distance by Christmas and look to kick on in the second half

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    A lot of supporters have stated they are not renewing until things improve at Easter Road.

We now have a new manager (Coach), a new independently minded CEO, a whole new coaching staff and structure, Sam Stanton re-signing, 3 new signings which most posters would moan bitterly if they had gone to our rivals and a concerted effort by the club to engage with fans.

What else needs to be done to encourage you to renew?

How many are renewing before the payment plan expires?
    I've renewed, and did so under the original early doors. Had relegation been on the cards then, I'd still have renewed ... and I'm not sure I'd have been more pissed at Hibs had we gone down and in that manner rather than the pathetic surrender that took us down.

But I completely understand those that aren't renewing until the club has improved. Almost all your points are "changes" and cannot yet be labelled improvements.

And I don't care how often she claims otherwise, but until Petrie has gone, we don't have an independently minded CEO.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    I've renewed, and did so under the original early doors. Had relegation been on the cards then, I'd still have renewed ... and I'm not sure I'd have been more pissed at Hibs had we gone down and in that manner rather than the pathetic surrender that took us down.

But I completely understand those that aren't renewing until the club has improved. Almost all your points are "changes" and cannot yet be labelled improvements.

And I don't care how often she claims otherwise, but until Petrie has gone, we don't have an independently minded CEO.
    I disagree and so does our CEO.

A lot of supporters have stated they are not renewing until things improve at Easter Road.

We now have a new manager (Coach), a new independently minded CEO, a whole new coaching staff and structure, Sam Stanton re-signing, 3 new signings which most posters would moan bitterly if they had gone to our rivals and a concerted effort by the club to engage with fans.

What else needs to be done to encourage you to renew?

How many are renewing before the payment plan expires?
    First 4 or 5 games of the new season will tell us everything about where Hibs currently stand. There will be no hiding place.

Ive just renewed this morning, despite saying all summer I wouldn't. But the Allan signing and Cummings new contract has me believing things might finally be changing for the better. Time to stop harking on about last season, yes it hurt like hell but its done now...lets get behind Stubbs and LD and get Hibs back where we belong!!

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Ive just renewed this morning, despite saying all summer I wouldn't. But the Allan signing and Cummings new contract has me believing things might finally be changing for the better. Time to stop harking on about last season, yes it hurt like hell but its done now...lets get behind Stubbs and LD and get Hibs back where we belong!!
    Well said.............onwards and upwards, no point in looking back GGTTH

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Despite Stubbs, Dempster and the new signings coming in I'm still not renewing.

Tin hat on here and I'm the first to admit once the team start producing and the fans are given something back from the club I'll be back but until then I'll enjoy the weekends with the family.
    I understand what you mean but how will you know haha

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post

I can't believe people still come up with this. Look at the simple fact of Butcher getting his jotters. RP did not sack him in fact according to some he had told Butcher his job was safe. In come's the new CEO, speaks to butcher and he gets the bullet.

LD is nobody's puppet and like all CEO's in every business has to take her recommendations on the way forward to the Board. Heaven help the board if they don't back her though.

Left by mutual consent!
    I will renew defo but it will be at last minute and need to change seats as the club sold our ones from last season.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    I will renew defo but it will be at last minute and need to change seats as the club sold our ones from last season.
    The club done the same with mines. Now sitting in the East for this season and possibly for the next decade
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 26-07-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    The club done the same with mines. Now sitting in the East for this season and possibly for the next decade
    I was in the East last season and the season before and will be again this season. The person I go with has renewed theirs, two rows above last seasons seats

I was in the East last season and the season before and will be again this season. The person I go with has renewed theirs, two rows above last seasons seats
    Which Section bud?

Left by mutual consent!
    Which Section bud?
    42 mate. You?

42 mate. You?

Left by mutual consent!

Blog Entries
    I had made mind up not to (but with tomorrows game part of ST deal its last chance saloon) - far more reasons not to than to renew (i'm normally an early Bird re-newer)

Reasons To

• It gives club cash up front to invest
    • Gives priority to me for tickets for cup and away (although with small allocations for many this will not now necessarily be enough to get one)
    • Same seat every home game (Far less important now as I would not be in a group)
    • I know if I don't I am more and more likely to go less and less

Reasons NOT To
    • No cash benefit to me as ST no longer is the most cost effective v pay per match (also don't have to pay all in advance)
    • The constant TV fixture changes mean I have missed many games over last few seasons and may be worse not better this year
    • Print at home tickets mean its not inconvenient to have a ticket in advance with no hassle / no extra cost / able choose seat
    • My girls after years of having an ST with me (used in rotation - with the other one doing something with Mum) are now so busy with school and their other commitments (as well as missing even more games than I have last few seasons due to TV changes) are not keen on renewing - for me they joy of spending time with my girls has often been the only benefit of watching Hibs in recent seasons
    • Don't then feel obliged to go (as cash spent) when weathers honking / opposition is not attractive to me / other family commitments conflict

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    I had made mind up not to (but with tomorrows game part of ST deal its last chance saloon) - far more reasons not to than to renew (i'm normally an early Bird re-newer)

Reasons To

• It gives club cash up front to invest
    • Gives priority to me for tickets for cup and away (although with small allocations for many this will not now necessarily be enough to get one)
    • Same seat every home game (Far less important now as I would not be in a group)
    • I know if I don't I am more and more likely to go less and less

Reasons NOT To
    • No cash benefit to me as ST no longer is the most cost effective v pay per match (also don't have to pay all in advance)
    • The constant TV fixture changes mean I have missed many games over last few seasons and may be worse not better this year
    • Print at home tickets mean its not inconvenient to have a ticket in advance with no hassle / no extra cost / able choose seat
    • My girls after years of having an ST with me (used in rotation - with the other one doing something with Mum) are now so busy with school and their other commitments (as well as missing even more games than I have last few seasons due to TV changes) are not keen on renewing - for me they joy of spending time with my girls has often been the only benefit of watching Hibs in recent seasons
    • Don't then feel obliged to go (as cash spent) when weathers honking / opposition is not attractive to me / other family commitments conflict
    Get to the point man!! Are you renewing or not ?

@hibs.net private member
    I won't be getting a ST this season and the reason is simply that it's not going to be cost effective for me. I'm pretty much definately not going to make it along to every home game - at a guess I'll probably get along to about 12 of the 18 - and I don't think I'll have a problem picking up a brief as a walk up fan for any match this season.

I appreciate that getting a ST is akin to being a member of a club, that the club benefits from having cash up front, and that some don't mind effectively paying a bit extra as it will benefit the manager's kitty. That's fine for some but I don't feel I can justify that with the current state of my own finances.

So - in answer to the OP's question - "what can the club do to persuade me to stump up in advance" (paraphrasing here) - my answer is, to make available a membership scheme whereby one can buy credits/ticket tokens in advance but perhaps in lesser blocks than for a whole season's worth (eg blocks of £50/100). If the club were to make an option such as this available I would have no problem stumping up eg £200 in advance. I would know I was going to use it all and would be happy to spend the money up front if I knew it would benefit the club's signing strategy etc.

NB - this would also open up great opportunities for selling tickets as "gift tokens". My dad told me he contacted the club a year or so ago looking for exactly such an option in order to get me a birthday/xmas pressy - but the only option available at the time was to buy a half ST which was just too much of an outlay for him.

So - Leanne - if you're reading in - here is a great and somewhat revolutionary idea for opening up ST/membership options for the fans as well as presenting options for loved ones to shower us with the Hibernian match tickets that we REALLY want in quantities of their own choosing at birthdays & xmas as an alternative to crap jumpers/cinema/book tokens which they usually get us when they run out of ideas.

Promising Youngster
    Promised myself that on leaving the Hamilton game with my 8 year old that I would never step back in the place without seeing a board business plan that would see the club restored to a position to reflect size, wealth and fan base .

However here's me in today renewing seasons on payment plan and spending 36 quid on a bairns away shirt.

Must be mental, canny help myself. Need that electric shock treatment I think. Petrie relies on dingles like me

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I won't be getting a ST this season and the reason is simply that it's not going to be cost effective for me. I'm pretty much definately not going to make it along to every home game - at a guess I'll probably get along to about 12 of the 18 - and I don't think I'll have a problem picking up a brief as a walk up fan for any match this season.

I appreciate that getting a ST is akin to being a member of a club, that the club benefits from having cash up front, and that some don't mind effectively paying a bit extra as it will benefit the manager's kitty. That's fine for some but I don't feel I can justify that with the current state of my own finances.

So - in answer to the OP's question - "what can the club do to persuade me to stump up in advance" (paraphrasing here) - my answer is, to make available a membership scheme whereby one can buy credits/ticket tokens in advance but perhaps in lesser blocks than for a whole season's worth (eg blocks of £50/100). If the club were to make an option such as this available I would have no problem stumping up eg £200 in advance. I would know I was going to use it all and would be happy to spend the money up front if I knew it would benefit the club's signing strategy etc.

NB - this would also open up great opportunities for selling tickets as "gift tokens". My dad told me he contacted the club a year or so ago looking for exactly such an option in order to get me a birthday/xmas pressy - but the only option available at the time was to buy a half ST which was just too much of an outlay for him.

So - Leanne - if you're reading in - here is a great and somewhat revolutionary idea for opening up ST/membership options for the fans as well as presenting options for loved ones to shower us with the Hibernian match tickets that we REALLY want in quantities of their own choosing at birthdays & xmas as an alternative to crap jumpers/cinema/book tokens which they usually get us when they run out of ideas.
    This has been discussed in the past. The problem is that it would definitely affect season ticket sales. I am sure it will be looked at again. I know I am going off topic again but I believe we should make the price £22 , £5 kids and if bought online before matchday and £23, £15 kids if pay at the gate

@hibs.net private member
    This has been discussed in the past. The problem is that it would definitely affect season ticket sales. I am sure it will be looked at again. I know I am going off topic again but I believe we should make the price £22 , £5 kids and if bought online before matchday and £23, £15 kids if pay at the gate
    Fair enough - personally I think it could be made to result in a net gain - but that's based on nothing more than instinct. The way I would approach it would be a 3 tiered cost mechanism - Gold for full STs - Silver for partial advanced sales and Bronze for standard walk up. With the right benefits in place I think current ST holders could be persuaded to retain their current arrangements while still making the advanced match tokens option available to fans like me as well as gift token customers.

Quote Originally Posted by GloriousHibs View Post
    Promised myself that on leaving the Hamilton game with my 8 year old that I would never step back in the place without seeing a board business plan that would see the club restored to a position to reflect size, wealth and fan base .

However here's me in today renewing seasons on payment plan and spending 36 quid on a bairns away shirt.

Must be mental, canny help myself. Need that electric shock treatment I think. Petrie relies on dingles like me
    Me too mate, swore blind I wasnt renewing all Summer but the few bits of good news this week had me down today renewing and buying the away top. No matter what I just cannae keep away...its in the blood!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    Get to the point man!! Are you renewing or not ?
    Nope - need to stick to head on this one.

Lets say I make 14 games (thats optimistic given that its a certainty that Hearts & The Rangers will be moved to times not suitable AT LEAST) then £22 * 14 = £308 v £405 for ST... a difference of £97

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Nope - need to stick to head on this one.

Lets say I make 14 games (thats optimistic given that its a certainty that Hearts & The Rangers will be moved to times not suitable AT LEAST) then £22 * 14 = £308 v £405 for ST... a difference of £97
    Fair point, but do you not see the £97 as a gift to Hibs? My youngest daughter, aged 23, paid £380 for her season ticket and only makes around 8/10 home games per year as she works in Retail and is usually unable to make Saturday's. She's quite happy to buy one and support Hibs