hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point.

I'm also not going to be impressed until someone tells us what he was like when they used him on Championship Manager or the ilk.
    He scored against me on my Fifa 14 career mode. A fine strike from outside the box leaving my keeper (Hugo Lloris) with no chance. Any player who is capable of hitting a ball like that (albeit in a computer game) is good enough for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I don't understand all the excitement.

According to Wiki (yes, I know) he's only played 49 times as a senior pro and he's never settled anywhere.

I'd be interested to learn why folk think this would be such a good piece of business.

Genuine question.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by ** T * Q * M ** View Post
    Soz it was 3-1 - here is the report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...m/16229705.stm

Sadly the video is not available!
    I remember that effort he had in the last minute. Also think he got booed when he came on by the Utd fans as he had already signed a pre-contract so at least he'll be used to that

First Team Breakthrough
    Rangers fans fuming that they're not signing him

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Welcome to Hibs Scott, however I didn't see the signing of another midfield player as being a priority.

There are other areas of the team which need strengthened urgently (imo) but for now I'm willing to trust the judgement of the new Managerial team.

According to Wiki (yes, I know) he's only played 49 times as a senior pro and he's never settled anywhere.

I'd be interested to learn why folk think this would be such a good piece of business.

Genuine question.
    In Stubbs we trust !!!!

If Hibs can manage his attitude, he'd be a great signing.

Good point.

I'm also not going to be impressed until someone tells us what he was like when they used him on Championship Manager or the ilk.
    Because he was at WBA he was always out of Hibs budget on FM, got him in FM12 but that was into my 10th year as Hibs and he was a wee bit older.

Genuine question.
    He's a very good player but, to date, has had a bit of a attitude problem. Whether that's a 'Billy Big Boots' thing or he's just a bit moody, I don't know.

I'd see him signing for Hibs, given the other interest, as evidence that he might be maturing/lightening up a bit though.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Are we actually getting him or is this just a rumour in the paper?

Just googled him a minute ago and found this from a couple of months back - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...an-ive-3586069

If Rangers do want him, then surely that's where he'll be going.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    He's a very good player but, to date, has had a bit of a attitude problem. Whether that's a 'Billy Big Boots' thing or he's just a bit moody, I don't know.

I'd see him signing for Hibs, given the other interest, as evidence that he might be maturing/lightening up a bit though.
    Surely for any player, dropping down to the lower divisions to try and "kick start" your career must be an eye opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Wow! He'd be a great signing.
    Hope this is a done deal!

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Are we actually getting him or is this just a rumour in the paper?

Just googled him a minute ago and found this from a couple of months back - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...an-ive-3586069

If Rangers do want him, then surely that's where he'll be going.
    2 year deal and having a medical today apparently.

As long as there’s an opportunity for me to develop and get regular football I’d take it.
    Last edited by Hibs90; 24-07-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Welcome to Hibs Scott, however I didn't see the signing of another midfield player as being a priority.

There are other areas of the team which need strengthened urgently (imo) but for now I'm willing to trust the judgement of the new Managerial team.
    Some people on here are literally NEVER happy. Jeez....

Getting good players to the club is a priority, not the order that it happens!!!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MixerKev View Post
    Some people on here are literally NEVER happy. Jeez....

Getting good players to the club is a priority, not the order that it happens!!!
    Providing it does happen.

We ain't got a lot of cash to splash so targeting the weakest areas of the team should be a priority. However as I said, for now, the Manager knows best!

Testimonial Due

He'sa good footballer. That's reason enough based on our current midfielders.

I'm underwhelmed.

I wish it had been a loan signing.

This is an absolute topper, in weeks gone by people have moaned because Hearts have signed Gomis and Buaben, two MIDFIELDERS, now it seems we're signing a midfielder, and a quality one at that, people are moaning that we don't need a midfielder.

Our fans really are brilliant. I must admit I couldn't think of anything worse than trying to please our supporters, the club can never win.

More to the point I think he'd be a fantastic signing, and I'd much rather we waited, like we're doing now and brought in the right players than rushed signings to appease the bedwetters.

In Stubbs we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    This is an absolute topper, in weeks gone by people have moaned because Hearts have signed Gomis and Buaben, two MIDFIELDERS, now it seems we're signing a midfielder, and a quality one at that, people are moaning that we don't need a midfielder.

Our fans really are brilliant. I must admit I couldn't think of anything worse than trying to please our supporters, the club can never win.

More to the point I think he'd be a fantastic signing, and I'd much rather we waited, like we're doing now and brought in the right players than rushed signings to appease the bedwetters.

In Stubbs we trust.
    A tough job for sure. In short ear plugs, and tunnel vision - forget the fans just sign good footballers!!!

Blog Entries
    If we get this signing confirmed it's potentially the Scottish signing of the season. I'm also impressed that nobody saw this coming. I'm sure AS & staff are very wary of being gazumped over signings & hopefully this hasn't leaked too soon.

Has he not been pretty good for the Scotland U-21s in the past too? I remember someone raving about him playing for them.

Would be magnificent if true, he's exactly what we lack/need. Would really send out a signal and back up the quality over quantity mantra, and I'd be delighted mainly because he's a signing of a type of player we've not had for a while, not just getting him in because he's a player of reputation who has become available.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nice one!

I don't care bout his attitude as long as he does the business on the park as part of a team.

Folk saying Bauben and Gomis signings are good this tops that IMHO.

Hopefully this is true and it gets signed up sharpish.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Surprised at some on here. This would be an excellent signing. A young talent, who although hasn't had a lot of game time down south, will be a better player for the experience. I'm sure there's Scottish premiership teams that would have been delighted with the signings of Gray, Farid, and Allan

We do need a playmaker, have done for years.

If he was a Deegan or a Taiwo I'd share the greviance. Thankfully, our new manager does at seem to be as single-minded as Fenlon did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@hibs.net private member
    If this goes through, then great signing from Hibs.

I think signing a creative midfielder is vital. It's so important to how the team plays. We haven't had decent playmaker since Boozy, or Liam Miller at a push (granted we haven't used the midfield since then!). You're right though that other areas definitely need strengthened too.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post

In Stubbs we trust.
    Absolutely 100% bang on the money mate.

Moan when we dont sign players, moan when we do.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I don't care bout his attitude as long as he does the business on the park as part of a team.

Folk saying Bauben and Gomis signings are good this tops that IMHO.

Hopefully this is true and it gets signed up sharpish.

Totally agree with that first part. Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor and Leigh Griffiths weren't exactly role models off the pitch but on the pitch, they did the business for Hibs. Couldn't give a crap what they get up to outside of football but when playing, they did the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Totally agree with that first part. Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor and Leigh Griffiths weren't exactly role models off the pitch but on the pitch, they did the business for Hibs. Couldn't give a crap what they get up to outside of football but when playing, they did the damage.
    Thing is he will hopefully have a point to prove after his big money moved didn't work out. Still a young guy but exactly the type of quality signing needed.