hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like you Smartie, I genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing in that game against Utd, it was criminal, Sproule was in acres of space on the right hand side, the whole stand was shouting at Caldwell to pass him the bloody ball. I'm not even sure he got a touch to be honest. I'll also remember that game for Mowbrays post match interview, he sounded as if he wasn't even bothered, it was a cup semi FFS!!! Retrospect, a wonderfull thing

2. Log in to remove the advert

what boozy and Ivan's Instagram names?

RE the GO'C & TM comments. I think remember reading/seeing a the time (might be a load of bolleaux) that when G'OC was moaning to TM about being subbied. Mowbray said "You haven't had a shot on target". GO'C replied " how many is he (Ivan) gonna have?"
    After the game Mowbray said to O'Connor "At least 3".
    (think i'd probably kill for another brace of 3-0's at Mordor.)

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RE the GO'C & TM comments. I think remember reading/seeing a the time (might be a load of bolleaux) that when G'OC was moaning to TM about being subbied. Mowbray said "You haven't had a shot on target". GO'C replied " how many is he (Ivan) gonna have?"
    After the game Mowbray said to O'Connor "At least 3".
    (think i'd probably kill for another brace of 3-0's at Mordor.)
    Sproule gave 100% when given chance. If goc and deeks had his application they would have gone much further in game. Sproule is a hibs legend. Gave his all and took club to heart. He should be guest any time he wants

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Yep, Brown was excellent that day, not a day many Hibs are likely to forget either.
    Agree re Brown but I also thought Kevin Thomson was different class that day too......even Zibi had a shut out

That game was one I wii long remember ....driven through by Big Frank Dougan who is still with us, and stood/sat next to Wattie Robb and Maude Mc Farlane who sadly no longer are

[QUOTE=BOB MARLEYS DUG;4103987]Thought this deserved a thread of it own. This was his comment on one of wee Boozy's Instagram pics. "Get us back to where we belong lad right at the top. Good luck for the season ahead Hibs till i die"

Some of his performances in the green would match any previous legend , showed some fantastic skill but more than that his dedication and effort put him up there with great players of my era these would include Collins ,Sauzee to mention a few.
    This next season is the biggest since I can remember if our squad can match his determination we should be in the mix come May.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I remember that too and was livid about it. Caldwell was the worst culprit for not giving it to him. IMO it contributed a lot towards us throwing away a good position in that game and has contributed a lot towards my massive dislike of Caldwell ever since.
    I remember very little about that day other than the fact we totay chucked it away. And I think that was our best chance of winning the bloody thing. One thing that does stand out was Mowbray making a bad sub. Don't know who came on but he took Dean Shiels off who had won the penalty and was really influential at the point he was hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Definitely O'Connor. As said above, GOC asked Mowbray "and what's the **** is he gonnae dae that ah cannae?"

As an aside, Scott Brown was magnificent too that day
    Riordan wasn't in the team that day due to some transfer rumours or the like IIRC?

I think the reason I always thought it was Riordan who was subbed off was because at the start of the Sproule tribute video before his Ibrox hat-trick it shows Sproule replacing Deek who didn't look too impressed. But that clip was from Celtic Park in the 3-1 win. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4495875.stm

Riordan, O'Connor and Konte - dream strikeforce!

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Sproule gave 100% when given chance. If goc and deeks had his application they would have gone much further in game. Sproule is a hibs legend. Gave his all and took club to heart. He should be guest any time he wants
    Especially as (I'm led to believe) that all his family and friends are Rangers supporters and were at the game. He couldn't have given more that game. Legend.