I watched a fair bit of the u 20's last year and like this young lad a lot, in the way he goes about his business on the park.. switched on with his game all the time, talks, reads the game well, good timing in the tackle, passes the ball well short and long and more than holds his own in the air and its good to hear he is a nice lad I am sure his attitude on the park is matched off it ! As long as he doesn't go down the path of some of our other promising young players over the past 2-3 years who seem to think that when they are at hibs and start getting into the first team squad that they have made it !!!!! get that right out your heads boys .....and you will develop more. IMO the good young players who have broken through need to get their heads back into the fact that they still have a lot to learn and developing to go through ..handling, harris, forster, stanton, cummings, have made good progress but now is crunch time in the ages they are at to kick on or stay as they are and staying as they are will mean not playing at this level for long !! IMO. Sorry but left caldwell out as i can never see him being mobile so he has got to be an out and out goalscorer ..so he really gets himself sorted fitness, touch and workrate wise .. making himself a john sutton, chris boyd, michael higdon, type ???? big ask but would be happy with that ........ especially alongside a sharp eager jason cummings in a year or two !!!

The reality for me is that Tom Gardiner is one a few good youngsters we have developing and in terms of numbers we are doing well just that the expectations of people in respect of how many are good enough each year is not realistic ..... IMO. the new set up is geared i understand to up the numbers coming through the academy but that we need to live with what we have and i personally am not that unhappy with what we have young player wise ....

for the future could be very bright in the sense of the young team ....