hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was told by a fella handing out Vote Yes stickers that if Scotland go independent then they automatically qualify for Euro 2016
    That mob will do anything for a vote!

I think people arent giving Costa Rica the credit they deserve, alot of credit has to go to the coach for having the balls to play the way he did. The majority of teams at the WC are playing this 4-2-3-1 formation, Costa Rica set out with a very adventurous 5-2-2-1 a system thats solid to break down and is set up for absorbing the pressure that bigger teams will put on you then catching them on the counter with 2 wing backs, they had great pace throughout the team as well as strength which made them very hard to beat. They packed out their own half in numbers but broke quickly with what seemed like 3 strikers. They were great to watch.

If anything Scotland can learn from them, but im positive about this campaign, why shouldnt we be? Strachan is getting the best out the team and grinding out results. Its refreshing watching them again playing with confidence and everyone in the squad wants to be there and play for their country. I'm looking forward to it and think we can qualify.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis77 View Post

It actually says British Citizen meaning a member of the British state, which is a political construct not geographical, this is why people from Northern Ireland hold British Passports. It's also why my birth certificate doesn't label me as being British nor does my driving license. The UK passport is a gray area because it has to follow certain EU guideline in the document lay out so can be misleading. Also, in essence it is only a document allowing travel outside the legal boundaries of the British state. It is not a legal document of nationality only citizenship!

You're just attempting to play with words but it has no basis in reality. The internationally recognised Country you live in is the UK and the internationally recognised Nationality for that country is British.

Also, you are not a Citizen, you are Her Maj's Subect

You have a problem with that, fair enough, but that's just the way it is. If you wish it to be different, go vote accordingly in September.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 07-07-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Nobodies making us except ourselves. The bad news is that, after September, we won't be able to blame the big boy next door for our inadequacies.

Amen to that.

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

True

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No, they hold a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Passport.
    A slip I meant to say UK