hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good lad!
    Hope you and Vale do well this forthcoming season.
    GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good to be there .... especially to see my wee mate Ben McGregor ( number 14 ) come on for the Vale in the 2nd half after over a year out injured. Dyed in the wool Hibby by the way. I still remember him near to tears at the end of the AEK Athens game when he was a bairn.

That's the best pre season friendly I've been to. The hospitality from the whole town was fantastic. Fantastic family atmosphere and should be an annual fixture.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to be there .... especially to see my wee mate Ben McGregor ( number 14 ) come on for the Vale in the 2nd half after over a year out injured. Dyed in the wool Hibby by the way. I still remember him near to tears at the end of the AEK Athens game when he was a bairn.
    Possibly the smallest player I've ever seen on a football park!

Good to hear he's both a Hibby and recovered from injury.

Great turn out from the Hibs fans and delighted it'll help the Vale out in troubled times.

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by valeofleithenfc View Post
    I would like to offer a huge thanks to all Hibs fans who made the trip down to Innerleithen not only to support Alan Stubs and the team but you went out your way to help us at the Vale of Leithen and it's truly appreciated from all us, fantastic day weather was brilliant, Sky Sports Luke Shanley helped plug the match, after the match my players were dead on their feet playing 2 matches in 48 hours with a young small squad and for huge amounts of the game we kept chasing shadows but every player including me really enjoyed the occasion, speaking to members of my committee after the match some even commented that you guys were asking " how much to get in for 2 our reply £ 14 and you were handing over £ 20 and saying keep the change "

Tonight I'm extremely humble and proud not only to be the Vale Manager but also a proud Hibernian supporter.

Hopefully our club will go from strength to strength and your support today will go a huge way for us opening our doors this season.

Thank you

Mark Lamb
    (Lammy )
    Go on the Vale!! I wasn't there as I live in London, but I love going to these kinda games when I can.. Went to a few U20's games last season and you can't beat the hospitality.. And the pies are better too..!! (and you can take your pint with you to watch the game!!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I asked the Vale announcer when he came on if 14 was also his age...tiny scrap of a lad...he assured me he was 19 and a tremendous talent but was just coming back from a bad leg break. You could see he was rusty but liked to have the ball. Hope he gets back playing regularly

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    I asked the Vale announcer when he came on if 14 was also his age...tiny scrap of a lad...he assured me he was 19 and a tremendous talent but was just coming back from a bad leg break. You could see he was rusty but liked to have the ball. Hope he gets back playing regularly

Was on Hibs books when he was a bairn, but a wee bit lack of pace and physical presence counted against him. A wee bag o' tricks with the ball though. I used to drive him up to training when his mum couldn't on the condition that he bought me a house when he made it big.

Petrie !!!

Just want to add my thanks to all at the Vale for a cracking day out, sunburn and all!

It was just brilliant to sit surrounded by some of the best scenery in the world, watching a good wee game of football with family and friends.

Id personally like to thank the committee member who helped me get a chair for an elderly friend with a bad leg to sit on.

he thoroughly enjoyed the game pain free for having not to stand all game.

Id also like to say a big thanks to the caterer stall, making a fantastic effort to feed the hoards of Hibbys who traveled down for the game.

Just hope the money we helped raise will help you keep on playing this season.

All the very best for the season to Vale of Leithen.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I enjoy watching games in these sort of settings. After moving across here and going to a few Rennes matches I quickly realised that I wouldn't be able to build any real affinity with any club other than Hibs. Even attending some pretty big French L1 games left me indifferent (I still go from time to time but that's more to do with the hospitality).

About 8 years ago when I was living in a village with about 1500 inhabitants, I was out one Sunday afternoon and stumbled on the local team playing a home match. There were maybe 100 spectators dotted around the edge of the pitch, including the player's families, strip washers, committee members - you name it.

I loved it and it really struck me that this is where club football came from. It's all a million miles away from obscene wages, crappy tv deals, FIFA back handers, Russian/Arab investors, etc.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 06-07-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    My friend said the pies were excellent also!

Always good to see small local teams and I hope the club gets over any recent problems it's encountered.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by valeofleithenfc View Post
    I would like to offer a huge thanks to all Hibs fans who made the trip down to Innerleithen not only to support Alan Stubs and the team but you went out your way to help us at the Vale of Leithen and it's truly appreciated from all us, fantastic day weather was brilliant, Sky Sports Luke Shanley helped plug the match, after the match my players were dead on their feet playing 2 matches in 48 hours with a young small squad and for huge amounts of the game we kept chasing shadows but every player including me really enjoyed the occasion, speaking to members of my committee after the match some even commented that you guys were asking " how much to get in for 2 our reply £ 14 and you were handing over £ 20 and saying keep the change "

Tonight I'm extremely humble and proud not only to be the Vale Manager but also a proud Hibernian supporter.

Hopefully our club will go from strength to strength and your support today will go a huge way for us opening our doors this season.

Thank you

Mark Lamb
    (Lammy )
    Lovely post, and this is really one area Hibs should be more involved in as a community club.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    he will still be getting asked for ID when hes 30 +

As already said - he looks like hes got a fair bit of skill, hope he fully recovers and keeps playing

One of the old boys in the VoL FC Club was telling me yesterday about a match Vale played against France in a World Cup warm-up match back in '66, although they lost 8-0 it must've been some experience for the locals.

he will still be getting asked for ID when hes 30 +

As already said - he looks like hes got a fair bit of skill, hope he fully recovers and keeps playing
    He will indeed - he hasn't changed a bit since he was 13 year old (aside from a couple of years with some weight!!) and we are still waiting on him to start shaving. Good wee lad though and yes, a cracking footballer. Only returned from injury a month or two back and would expect him to play East of Scotland within the next few years.

Just out of interest how did the hibs team play from a players perspective? Did anyone in the Hibs team really impress you?

@hibs.net private member
    This thread's been like a breath of fresh air, makes a pleasant change. Sounds like a great day was had by all - sorry to have missed it. Hope a decent amount was raised.
    Good luck to the Vale for the season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    Just out of interest how did the hibs team play from a players perspective? Did anyone in the Hibs team really impress you?
    Pleased to say Alex Harris

2nd half, Harris, Stanton and Craig simply blew them out of the water.