hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: takeover

I can't think of a single example of a football ground and a football club having different ownership ever leading to anything positive...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Heard this aswell from a very good 'source'.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't think of a single example of a football ground and a football club having different ownership ever leading to anything positive...
    Is that what's being proposed here?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Is that what's being proposed here?
    Isn't that what TheCat23 posted? Clear the debt and own the ground, not takeover the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Guys this is true, it's not a take over though they want to clear the debt and own the ground I'm told. It's Edgar Ramsay who's leading it. He's met Petrie a few times and someone else on here also knows about it.

I've known for a few weeks but didn't want to post as it was a shambles the last time.

Genuine question here so please take it the right way....

Is the guy who posted on here as GlobalHibby involved in this? He said he was going to work with other people behind the scenes.

Damn....bumped into STF down at Rosslyn chapel today,,had i got a better internet signal and known about this i would have asked him all about it,, but all i could do was stare at a marvellous auld relic (the chapel)
    Lol

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Isn't that what TheCat23 posted? Clear the debt and own the ground, not takeover the club?
    Sorry, miss read the cats post earlier.

Could he be buying the commercial elements to the stadium? To get a busy match day bar, a restaurant and office space near the city centre it might not be a bad deal for all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Genuine question here so please take it the right way....

Is the guy who posted on here as GlobalHibby involved in this? He said he was going to work with other people behind the scenes.
    Not sure mate. Will find out though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Has Hibernian Retro/Global Hibee got another account yet? I imagine we'll have to wait until he re-registers before another 'takeover bid' appears, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs07p View Post
    Oh my goodness,makes Romanov look like a guardian angel,eh no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Not sure mate. Will find out though!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    Oh my goodness,makes Romanov look like a guardian angel,eh no thanks
    My thoughts exactly.

Ramsay, from Ormiston, East Lothian, has a trail of 23 dissolved companies spanning four decades.

He runs ClearACheque with his son Stuart Ramsay, 39, and his daughter Louise Hislop, 44, who jointly own the business. The shop’s website says it cashes thousands of cheques each week, exchanges foreign currency and has agents across the UK.

Ramsay once owned Edinburgh’s Powderhall and Glasgow’s Ashfield greyhound stadiums and tried to buy Livingston FC.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
    Anyone heard about a takeover? I know it was talked about last month but thought it was all wishful thinking, until I was discussing hibs with a fellow golfer and his words were " I just wish this takeover would hurry up" he seemed shocked I had never heard of this, I had my doubts but now ive had the chance to think it over it would explain why we're shipping players out with no replacements coming in, the guy seems to think it'll happen in 2/3 wks and we're talking multi million pound investment.... as I say I have my doubts but could it be possible? anyone else heard anything about this
    Why didn't you ask him?

I have heard something along these lines and that a former chairman and an American based businessman is involved

I know Eddie and as much as I would like a new owner, there's no way I'd want him owning our ground, nice enough guy but it's all about the money for him, STF would be risking every good thing he's done for us since taking over if he sells to Eddie.

I know him from way back

Proper crook

Left by mutual consent!
    My thoughts exactly.

Ramsay, from Ormiston, East Lothian, has a trail of 23 dissolved companies spanning four decades.

He runs ClearACheque with his son Stuart Ramsay, 39, and his daughter Louise Hislop, 44, who jointly own the business. The shop’s website says it cashes thousands of cheques each week, exchanges foreign currency and has agents across the UK.

Ramsay once owned Edinburgh’s Powderhall and Glasgow’s Ashfield greyhound stadiums and tried to buy Livingston FC.
    Eddie Ramsay - someone is on the wind-up as the guy doesn't have a pot to piss in.

I've known him for over 40 years when he owned the Meadowbank Snooker hall and he lost them in gambling debts to Pilmar Smith at Powderhall. I bumped into someone else who knows him who said he recently seen him working behind the bar at Wimbledon dog track.

For all Petrie's faults, there's absolutely no way he would even discuss business with Ramsay.

As I said, someone is at it with this rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
    Anyone heard about a takeover? I know it was talked about last month but thought it was all wishful thinking, until I was discussing hibs with a fellow golfer and his words were " I just wish this takeover would hurry up" he seemed shocked I had never heard of this, I had my doubts but now ive had the chance to think it over it would explain why we're shipping players out with no replacements coming in, the guy seems to think it'll happen in 2/3 wks and we're talking multi million pound investment.... as I say I have my doubts but could it be possible? anyone else heard anything about this
    Are you sure the "fellow golfer" wasn't just winding you up? Do you know what team he supports?

"Multi million pound investment". Seriously? Seems to good to be true, and if it seems too good to be true it usually is.
    Last edited by emerald green; 05-07-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Typo

I don't think it's any secret that there is more than one possible alternative ownership?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Why didn't you ask him?
    Ask him what?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not so
    Edgar Ramsay is no businessman. Crook maybe but no businessman.

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar
    Haha this cracked me up, Eddie Ramsay!! I like the guy, I've worked with him in the past, known him for years the guy is a dreamer though, I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. He would have some money but nowhere near anything that would make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Eddie Ramsay - someone is on the wind-up as the guy doesn't have a pot to piss in.

I've known him for over 40 years when he owned the Meadowbank Snooker hall and he lost them in gambling debts to Pilmar Smith at Powderhall. I bumped into someone else who knows him who said he recently seen him working behind the bar at Wimbledon dog track.

For all Petrie's faults, there's absolutely no way he would even discuss business with Ramsay.

As I said, someone is at it with this rumour.
    That he is friends with Paul Ferris, let alone thinks he's a "good guy", says all I need to know about the man.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Edgar Ramsay is no businessman. Crook maybe but no businessman.
    Not savvy about law but think it is pretty risky to call someone a crook publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Not savvy about law but think it is pretty risky to call someone a crook publicly.
    I suspect Ferris will be in charge of complaints.

Blog Entries
    Edgar Ramsay holds 7 appointments at 6 active companies, has resigned from 10 companies and held 23 appointments at 17 dissolved companies. Edgar began their first appointment at the age of 41 and their longest current appointment spans 16 years and 4 months at CLEARACHEQUE LIMITED.

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Edgar holds a current appointment equals £80,360, with a combined assets value of £1,351,735 and liabilities of £1,230,361. Roles associated with Edgar Ramsay within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary

If this is him? he changes companies more often than some on here do their undies

I'd trust Farmer and Rodders to only get involved with reputable people who wouldn't harm Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'd trust Farmer and Rodders to only get involved with reputable people who wouldn't harm Hibs.
    ......don't think this 'character' fits the bill

Article from 3 months ago....

A CHEQUE cashing shop run by an ex-bookie pal of gangster Paul Ferris was raided over an alleged £350million scam.
    Fraud squad detectives seized documents from ClearACheque in Edinburgh’s Tollcross area, which is run by Eddie Ramsay, 66.
    Ramsay said the raid was nothing to do with him and claimed it was about deals being lined up by former business partner Michael McLetchie, 57.
    It’s claimed that McLetchie told investors he is involved in a deal and is on the brink of securing £350million held in Dubai.
    Ramsay and McLetchie, who was once convicted but later cleared of a £12million fraud, were personal guests of Ferris, 50, at last year’s Glasgow premiere of his seedy movie The Wee Man.
    Ramsay said: “The police did a raid, thinking the £350million was there but there’s not £350million. McLetchie got everyone convinced that this money came from Dubai. He talks a good game.
    “Officers came to the shop and took documents away. They never told us what it was about.
    “We’ve never been charged, we’ve done nothing wrong.”
    He has also been a director of three companies of which McLetchie also held directorships.
    McLetchie, originally from Glasgow, was once convicted of a £12million film scam but later won his appeal.
    Ramsay said his only connection with Ferris is through friendship. He added: “Paul Ferris is not involved – he’s a good guy.”
    Police have also spoken with former ClearACheque director John Auchie, 49, who resigned from the firm seven days before the raid.
    Auchie, from Livingston, claimed he is owed money by Ramsay and reported him to police over alleged abusive phone calls.
    Police Scotland said: “We carried out a search of a business premises in Home Street as part of an ongoing financial investigation.”
    McLetchie did not respond to our calls.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Unless people were to make life so intolerable at Hibs, that they decide to get out, and sod the consequences. That's why people have to be careful how they protest.

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    ......don't think this 'character' fits the bill

Article from 3 months ago....

A CHEQUE cashing shop run by an ex-bookie pal of gangster Paul Ferris was raided over an alleged £350million scam.
    Fraud squad detectives seized documents from ClearACheque in Edinburgh’s Tollcross area, which is run by Eddie Ramsay, 66.
    Ramsay said the raid was nothing to do with him and claimed it was about deals being lined up by former business partner Michael McLetchie, 57.
    It’s claimed that McLetchie told investors he is involved in a deal and is on the brink of securing £350million held in Dubai.
    Ramsay and McLetchie, who was once convicted but later cleared of a £12million fraud, were personal guests of Ferris, 50, at last year’s Glasgow premiere of his seedy movie The Wee Man.
    Ramsay said: “The police did a raid, thinking the £350million was there but there’s not £350million. McLetchie got everyone convinced that this money came from Dubai. He talks a good game.
    “Officers came to the shop and took documents away. They never told us what it was about.
    “We’ve never been charged, we’ve done nothing wrong.”
    He has also been a director of three companies of which McLetchie also held directorships.
    McLetchie, originally from Glasgow, was once convicted of a £12million film scam but later won his appeal.
    Ramsay said his only connection with Ferris is through friendship. He added: “Paul Ferris is not involved – he’s a good guy.”
    Police have also spoken with former ClearACheque director John Auchie, 49, who resigned from the firm seven days before the raid.
    Auchie, from Livingston, claimed he is owed money by Ramsay and reported him to police over alleged abusive phone calls.
    Police Scotland said: “We carried out a search of a business premises in Home Street as part of an ongoing financial investigation.”
    McLetchie did not respond to our calls.
    It doesn't prove he's a crook, but at least it shows he knows crooks. Calling Ramsay a crook would require him to have been convicted of something. This clearly doesn't mention any charges or convictions, so we can't call him a crook.

I think it's fair to call him a Face though.