hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the new home kit?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

78 45.88%
  • I don't like it

92 54.12%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    went into shop this morning had a look at it and its a bit better than first seen , prefer the long sleeve version, but somehow its just not hibs, still have it for a season then back with white sleeves and collar and then take the championship by storm.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Worst top in years. Training top will do me nicely!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by kdhibees1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worst top in years. Training top will do me nicely!!
    Cheapskate.

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    It is a fact universally acknowledged; this top is smart.

Reader, I bought this top.

To confuse the Eng.Lit fans.
    Can't agree that the top is smart because it's absolutely honking.
    However, your clever post made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Aggh!!! Why are some people still falling for this pish that the strip has been designed to honour the famous five? It's just a story that the hibs marketing department has come up with to try to hide the real truth which is that cost cutting and our choice of sponsor have landed us with this dog of a strip.
    The campaign is tenuous at best, the sponsor logo is an eyesore, but other than that this is a very smart looking kit

Just seen the highlights of the game and think it looks quite smart myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Cheapskate.
    In fairness I bought 4 training tops (2 for me and 2 for the wife) so I didn't feel like I was short changing Hibs. The home top is honking to my eyes....

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It has certainly grown on me now that I`m over the initial shock.

I must say, I think the black socks would look terrific with that shirt with white sleeves. Maybe next season.

At the game today it looked fine - you don't really take the sponsors bit into account, it's the football you're watching after all. Standing in front of a mirror wearing one might be a different story, but it's nowhere near as bad as some people are making out. One guy was wearing the all green top with the Whyte and Mackay logo, and it's pretty much the same colour as that.

was in shop today.
    New strip is actually better quality than the training tops.
    Those training tops are terribly cheap quality.

So - are you Jane, or Charlotte?

BTW - call ME Ishmael.

I'm more like the mad brother Branwell. I spent a pleasant afternoon drinking Timothy Taylor Landlord as a tribute to the Brontes and the Tour de France passing through both Haworth and Keighley tomorrow.

Glad someone spotted the reference, got to maintain the high standards on .net.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Absolutely minging

First Team Regular over the line's Avatar
    Looks good, very understated and something a bit different, I like it. The sponsor would look better if it wasn't red and white but prob get used to it. Mine came in the post today but I missed the postie, so I will see what its like in the flesh on Monday, when I pick it up from Post Office.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Not a fan of it after seeing it today.

Just seen a photo of the uniform that the Scottish team will wear at the commonwealth games opening ceremony. At least our new top isn't that bad

First Team Regular
    its not so bad - its just a strip -if we win the league in it everyone will want it :P

Can live for a season without White sleeves ... as has been said Arsenal did it. But having seen it in the flesh at V of L on Saturday I can honestly say I still fkng hate it. The Black socks are depressing and drab and the pasted on boxed in advert wouldn't look out of place in the pub league. The Vale played in dark blue and I can see the lack of white sleeves causing a colour clash with Falkirk, Raith Rovers and the Yams.

As I said on another thread I have £60 worth of vouchers for the shop so in spite of my advancing years and interesting shape I was thinking of buying a top .............. lets hope the away top is better. The good news is it cant be black, if it is we will need a 3rd strip.

The sooner Nike bin us or we bin them the better ..... I have wandered round the shop a few times lately and IMO the stuff is rank.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who have now actually seen it in the shop are liking it.
    I've seen it in the shop too and the only added observation I had afterwards was how similar the embroidered "their memory marches on" looked to a cheap neck / shoulder tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Can live for a season without White sleeves ... as has been said Arsenal did it. But having seen it in the flesh at V of L on Saturday I can honestly say I still fkng hate it. The Black socks are depressing and drab and the pasted on boxed in advert wouldn't look out of place in the pub league. The Vale played in dark blue and I can see the lack of white sleeves causing a colour clash with Falkirk, Raith Rovers and the Yams.

As I said on another thread I have £60 worth of vouchers for the shop so in spite of my advancing years and interesting shape I was thinking of buying a top .............. lets hope the away top is better. The good news is it cant be black, if it is we will need a 3rd strip.

The sooner Nike bin us or we bin them the better ..... I have wandered round the shop a few times lately and IMO the stuff is rank.
    We'll have an away strip as well mind

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    was in shop today.
    New strip is actually better quality than the training tops.
    Those training tops are terribly cheap quality.
    I just went online to buy an XL trainign top, the green one, and Small, large and XL are sold out..

Plenty left in the black.. maybe pop into the shop and have a look

It's now 4 days on and I still don't like it.

Also, the reasoning given for choosing the colours is no more logical than it was then.

However, it really is small beer in the things that worry me as regards Hibs at the moment. If we get a decent team to wear the strip and they start winning regularly, that's enough for me.

Finally got my new home shirt today, after a couple of days of it being lost in the royal mail system!
    Errrrm, not sure about it now I've seen it in the flesh. Bit too plain I think. Would be better with white sleeves I think. Not saying its terrible, just nothing special.
    I hope they don't try and compensate by bringing out a crazy away kit though!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by E/Port_Hibee View Post
    Finally got my new home shirt today, after a couple of days of it being lost in the royal mail system!
    Errrrm, not sure about it now I've seen it in the flesh. Bit too plain I think. Would be better with white sleeves I think. Not saying its terrible, just nothing special.
    I hope they don't try and compensate by bringing out a crazy away kit though!

'Course it would. Hibs shirts have white sleeves. That's what Hibs shirts have.

This has been so since 1937.

They can mess around with the away strip and the training tops as much as they like, but at Easter Road Hibs play in white sleeves.

Hibs' main colours are green and white.

It's like that guy making Cardiff (the "Bluebirds") play in red shirts.

They can mess around with the away strip and the training tops as much as they like, but at Easter Road Hibs play in white sleeves.

Well at least it is green I suppose. Imagine if some loon from the far east buys the club and his favorite colour is maroon! I apologise to everyone for even imagining it! Don't have nightmares!

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

The logo

The colouring of the logo bothers me. As for the actual kit, well it could be worse. Look what nike has done with the new home Man Utd kit, that is God awful. Also we're Hibs, for me we need the white with the green.

I agree Doddie

Worth noting though, that Hibs played from 1875 until 1937 without white sleeves
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I agree Doddie

Worth noting though, that Hibs played from 1875 until 1937 without white sleeves
    I never knew that.

While the intention was good, it's a massive decision to make such a prominent change.

I agree Doddie

True, but even a white collar would have brightened it up a bit. I have nothing against dark green it can look really classy, but the shade they have chosen would look better on an army tent. As if that wasn't bad enough the black socks are really killing it ....could they have made the strip more drab. Even on a beautiful sunny day in the Borders it looked dull ...... imagine in the pissing rain on a freezing February Wednesday night.

Can you imagine if they had the internet back in 1938?

"WTF?!!! WHITE SLEEVES?!!! IT'S NO A HIBS TAP UNLESS ITS AW GREEN......OR HOOPS!!!"

Gamer IDs

I agree Doddie

Indeed they did, John.

And an all-green strip with a harp on the chest would encounter no objection from me - as the away strip, or as a one-off anniversary strip - or even as a celebration if and when we ever win that S******* C**. Which now desn't look like being in MY lifetime.

But if a trip down memory lane was the idea, why not the first strip - the hoops? We're not likely to be playing Celtic this season, and it would spice up the Cup game against the Huns. Sell a few tickets ....

But given that the white sleeves were the idea of Willie McCartney, and introduced after Arsenal had come to ER (I think) to play in a match celebrating the coronation of King George VI in 1937, just as Mr McCartney was beginning to assemble the FF team that THIS shirt's supposed to be commemorating, John, this wasn't the brightest idea to come from a board not noted for its bright ideas.

Half an hour telephoning the representatives of the supporters' groups before firming up the deal would have been well-spent. Even two posts floating the idea here and on the Bounce.

I'm assuming this was done before LD took post?

Those all-green strips (with black stockings, right?) won't be easy to see under the lights come wintertime, so if the idea is to have a stealth strip that the opposition can't spot, why not go the whole hog and just dress the guys in dark green army camo?

Alan Stubbs's Ninja Army?

Photo of the Brazilian team in THEIR new camo gear at their training camp somewhere in the upper reaches of the Amazon - sources reckon they'll be wearing it for the next 45 years at least.