hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Ricky Burns fight.

Did anyone else watch last night's fight? I'm by no means an expert on the intricacies of the methods that judges use to award points for each round but from what I saw last night there's absolutely no way the verdict should have ended up as a split decision.

Burns was totally outclassed from the first round and his opponent was a worthy and clear winner in my eyes. Burns did absolutely nothing of note, was content to hold on for most of the fight and is now clearly past his best.

It's decisions like last night that calls into question the credibility of the whole sport.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Was at the fight and was stunned a judge gave that to Burns. The bookies called it well wrong as well they had Burns odds on and Zlatacanin 11/2 going into the last round and still at 3/1 a minute into the last round. The atmosphere was totally flat during the Burns fight. He did come into it a bit but everyone there could see he was taking a beating. There was people leaving after 8 rounds.

The Limond fight was bizarre as well, 2 knockdowns and a judge somehow scored it a draw. I like Woodhouse and he made a fight of it but Limond looked very sharp for 35. What a career he has had, his only 4 losses coming to a rising star in Anthony Crolla, a peak Alex Arthur, one of the greats in Erik Morales and a screw job against Amir Khan. Glad he's coming to the end of his career with a British title and a couple of decent paydays.

Good to see big Simmons shut that Camacho idiot up as well
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I think burns should quit now, he really doesnt look up to it anymore, i think that jaw break has had more effect that he is lettin on

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to see big Simmons shut that Camacho idiot up as well