swansea bid 80 then 100 k for cummings both rejected by the club

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by cat1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So did i, and i have to say i am not happy about my advances being rejected.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Interesting, I wonder if they will throw in Michael Vorm, it would fill our goalkeeper vacancy In all seriousness I wonder what figure we will sell for? I suppose a lot depends if the lad wants to move or not, I imagine he would be one for their development squad

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    and they gave the yams 200k last season for a guy a cant even remember his name,so multiply that by 10 and add a bit then we will talk

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    £200k would do for me. The lad has potential, that's what Swansea are buying, he would be nowhere near there first team. He only scored two top flight goals last season for us.
    Any money over £100/£150k is good business.
    Petrie I mean Leanne could put in a sell on clause or get additional money if he made it into Swansea first team.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    £200k would do for me. The lad has potential, that's what Swansea are buying, he would be nowhere near there first team. He only scored two top flight goals last season for us.
    Any money over £100/£150k is good business.
    Petrie I mean Leanne could put in a sell on clause or get additional money if he made it into Swansea first team.

Arguably le not even top flight goals. That said he will be costing us buttons in wages, and if clubs like that are interested in him now I see no reason we should not give him a season in the first team/squad and see if he is not worth quite a bit more at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Arguably le not even top flight goals. That said he will be costing us buttons in wages, and if clubs like that are interested in him now I see no reason we should not give him a season in the first team/squad and see if he is not worth quite a bit more at the end of it.
    Only has a year left on contract I think so could walk away for nothing if he doesn't sign longer term contract .Will watch this one with interest as we got him for nothing and in the past Petrie would have sold him no qualms if offer goes up Be interesting to see if Stubbs rates him enough to fight to keep him or whether he may want him sold to use Monet yo buy another striker he has in mind .

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    250k plus loaned back for the season and a sell on clause would do me

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Only has a year left on contract I think so could walk away for nothing if he doesn't sign longer term contract .Will watch this one with interest as we got him for nothing and in the past Petrie would have sold him no qualms if offer goes up Be interesting to see if Stubbs rates him enough to fight to keep him or whether he may want him sold to use Monet yo buy another striker he has in mind .
    Did not realise he could walk at the end of the year, I guess unless we have automatic extension rights then we would have to consider any offer pretty seriously.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Did not realise he could walk at the end of the year, I guess unless we have automatic extension rights then we would have to consider any offer pretty seriously.
    Due to his age any club that offered him a contract would have to pay us a development fee IF we also offered him a contract of equal value. If we didn't offer him a contract then he would go for nothing.

Fairly sure that's the case unless he signed something in last few weeks of season that I missed .Would prefer to keep him over Caldwell and handling as he looks like has potential at championship level in the right team with right support to score goals

Would be delighted to be proven wrong, but I think this is a "bite their hand off" scenario

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Would be delighted to be proven wrong, but I think this is a "bite their hand off" scenario

far too much biting going on in footy nowadays

This a p take aye? Surely not real? If someone offered us £10,000 I would piggyback him down on my own

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    This a p take aye? Surely not real? If someone offered us £10,000 I would piggyback him down on my own
    Bit harsh on one of our more promising youngsters IMO

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Take the money and run, has shown very little except effort. Effort alone is not enough
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post
    Take the money and run, has shown very little except effort. Effort alone is not enough
    Funny thing that - the manager of an English Premier club thinks that there is something there. Maybe you know better though....

We would be crazy to accept any kind of offer until we know what kind of player we have and until he has had a decent run in the first team.
    The run of games last season under the managerial genius that was Terry ******* Butcher does not count.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Funny thing that - the manager of an English Premier club thinks that there is something there. Maybe you know better though....
    And one or the very best thought Torres worth 50 m.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    250k plus loaned back for the season and a sell on clause would do me
    Say what you like about Petrie but I wouldn't put it past him to get this done.

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    You might just be right
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

£150k and a jar of Tache wax and Rod, I mean Leeann, will sell.. good for the infrastruture of the club no doubt

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I really can't understand the criticism of Cummings, he's a young lad who wasn't even playing professional football this time last year, he earns absolute peanuts at hibs and he had to come in and be our main striker, due to the incompetence of our previous manager. We should be building a team round guys like him and Stanton, not "piggybacking" him down to Wales for 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Jason is a good player. He played in the worst Hibs team in years that created little if not nothing in many games.

I think he'll do very well for us under a manager who plays it on the deck and let's him work the inside channels. He will score plenty in the championship I'm sure of that!

Dunno about this. It's a 50/50 for me. Could score loads in the chumpionship but might not. Part of the TBGAWA duds so do we chuck him for that?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I thought he looked pretty poor up until the Hamilton game where he looked absolutely tremendous. Given the fact that's the level we're playing at this season and Stubbs reputation for developing youth I don't think it makes sense to sell him for that amount now.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Interesting one. Cummings looks like he has potential, but hes still a relatively untested youngster, making the £100,000 quite a generous offer in my opinion. I think the question is what is going to be more beneficial for the squad - another £100k to add to the transfer fund, or keeping hold of Cummings and hoping he develops (in which case we may end up with more money).

@hibs.net private member
    Cummings is the brightest forward we have had come through our ranks since Fletcher, I would do everything I could to keep him - a real talent

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cat1875 View Post
    He's got same agent as the boy king that signed for Swansea from sucmbos. Cummings keen to sign for dundee, im hearing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I really can't understand the criticism of Cummings, he's a young lad who wasn't even playing professional football this time last year, he earns absolute peanuts at hibs and he had to come in and be our main striker, due to the incompetence of our previous manager. We should be building a team round guys like him and Stanton, not "piggybacking" him down to Wales for 100k.

I saw saw him come on against Partick, miss from a yard in 1st minute on the pitch but his verve, confidence & ability was outstanding. His record for our U 20 was way ahead of anything King achieved for Yams yet people on here want to give him away. If it was £500k I would consider it, if we handle his contract correctly we'll get at least 2 good seasons out of him & a proper fee.
    PS, I remember people on here saying similar about Fletch, all one footed, etc etc! I do not understand the mentality of Hibs fans who use up their time to come on here & rip off Hibs players, particularly young guys trying to make their way in a tough situation.