hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those three have all been a part of successful sides consistently finishing in the top 3. Hanlon's never been in a good side and Stevenson was only in one for about 6 months!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    In 1997 Darren Jackson was in the Hibs side finished 2nd bottom and stayed up in a play off. Next year he was at Celtic and playing for Scotland against Brazil.

You can be a great player in a pish team. See Leigh Griffiths.

If Hanlon was highly regarded by anyone other than Hibbys he would be attracting interest now. Maybe he will still go...

Again, I'm no slating him, just saying he is average. Definitely a model pro and 100% trier.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Really? Cos he made himself out to be god awful.

Instigated the whole second leg horror show from his mistake. Exactly the same one he made against Partick two weeks before. Doubt many will forget that.
    Definite trolling Richie don't rise mate.

Of course there was a player in there as when he came he was good. But I'm sorry the mans football has went to pot because of his lifestyle I'm 100% sure of that.

If he stayed off the booze and out George St. And wanted to give his all I'm sure we'd see a much better player. Won't happen though and best for all he just leaves.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    And yet one has just signed for Fulham and the other Sheff Wed. The likes of Mark Reynolds has also had his move down south.

If Hanlons so good, where are the bids for him?
    Sheffield Wednesday are my English team and Tbh they are pretty murder although they did have a better 2nd half of the season. Hanlon could probably get a gig there.

In 1997 Darren Jackson was in the Hibs side finished 2nd bottom and stayed up in a play off. Next year he was at Celtic and playing for Scotland against Brazil.

You can be a great player in a pish team. See Leigh Griffiths.

If Hanlon was highly regarded by anyone other than Hibbys he would be attracting interest now. Maybe he will still go...

Again, I'm no slating him, just saying he is average. Definitely a model pro and 100% trier.
    Maybe there's a case for strikers standing out more and being in more demand? Who knows.

Personally, I think you'd be mad to say either of the two were world beaters. However, I think you'd have to be equally as mad to think they're the source of all our problems and should be punted.

For the last few years of shocking football, they've both been a small positive. Two home grown players who give 100% to the club, can play a bit and have consistently been two of our best players over the recent years (Hanlon has shown a lot of improvement over the last two years, especially last year before his initial injury).

Currently, they are two of our best players. Currently, we're not where we want to be, or where we feel a club our size should be. If we do improve over the next few years (which I think we will with Dempster's approach to the complete revamp of our club), then we'll have better players, a better a squad, and be playing against better opposition in Europe.

If either Paul Hanlon or Lewis Stevenson are not good enough for a good Hibs squad, then fair enough, we'll have to replace them if they can't reach our standards/are holding us back. But right now, they're two of the only players we have that actually adhere to any standard. They get the club, they play for the jersey and they would be very useful assets to our squad over the next few years.

Maybe there's a case for strikers standing out more and being in more demand? Who knows.

Personally, I think you'd be mad to say either of the two were world beaters. However, I think you'd have to be equally as mad to think they're the source of all our problems and should be punted.

For the last few years of shocking football, they've both been a small positive. Two home grown players who give 100% to the club, can play a bit and have consistently been two of our best players over the recent years (Hanlon has shown a lot of improvement over the last two years, especially last year before his initial injury).

Currently, they are two of our best players. Currently, we're not where we want to be, or where we feel a club our size should be. If we do improve over the next few years (which I think we will with Dempster's approach to the complete revamp of our club), then we'll have better players, a better a squad, and be playing against better opposition in Europe.

If either Paul Hanlon or Lewis Stevenson are not good enough for a good Hibs squad, then fair enough, we'll have to replace them if they can't reach our standards/are holding us back. But right now, they're two of the only players we have that actually adhere to any standard. They get the club, they play for the jersey and they would be very useful assets to our squad over the next few years.

Can't say fairer than that.

Did Spoony not go on to have a great season against us..

Left by mutual consent!
    So... is he defo away then? *prays*

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Nut he's not

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Of course there was a player in there as when he came he was good. But I'm sorry the mans football has went to pot because of his lifestyle I'm 100% sure of that.

If he stayed off the booze and out George St. And wanted to give his all I'm sure we'd see a much better player. Won't happen though and best for all he just leaves.
    Agreed. It's a mentality thing. He became complacent over his time here as he had no challenge to his spot to keep him on his toes, and he tailed off at the end of 2012/13. He definitely had quality when he first came and was one of our best players that season along with Sparky and Claros.

He's a young lad who complied to the negative, lethargic and ever-failing attitude of Hibernian Football Club. We were failing on the pitch, with negativity plaguing the whole club, and he's thought "**** it" and took his foot of the pedal.

He became fulfilled with a wage-packet and the George St scene. Again, another young laddie who thinks he's 'made it' because of the lifestyle as the football itself isn't worth a **** anymore and becomes secondary.

I hope he moves on, as his career and probably life has became stagnant, which reflects the club as a whole. This is ground zero for Hibernian and hopefully Ryan moves somewhere without that malaise and remembers what his career is meant to be about and makes the most of it.

Just back to room (on hols) and read this thread..... HOPE SO. BMD really do hope so.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by nribs View Post
    Nut he's not
    Don't do this to me, please!

Don't do this to me, please!
    He'll be gone... The drink telt me!!! ;-)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    He'll be gone... The drink telt me!!! ;-)
    Hope so mate. Absolute horror show.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nribs View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday are my English team and Tbh they are pretty murder although they did have a better 2nd half of the season. Hanlon could probably get a gig there.
    Wednesday are my English team as well but he wouldn't get a game for the Owls!

Mark Reynolds went to Hillsborough and couldn't cut hence why he was let go and I'd consider him to be better than Hanlon at this moment in time.

Some folk are cut out for the English game and Hanlon isn't strong enough to cope with the physicality of it IMO.

Hope so mate. Absolute horror show.
    Him closely followed by Nelson I hope. Think you mean nightmare!!

This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    Did Spoony not go on to have a great season against us..
    Another .net myth of pish. He was largely ineffectual against us last season. A good player who we should've kept on and managed and developed properly, but again he was overplayed, out of position and was another casualty of Hibernian's I'll-fated post 2007 'voyage' . You can't buy creativity, but it has to be managed correctly and Spoony's just wasn't.

Maybe there's a case for strikers standing out more and being in more demand? Who knows. Personally, I think you'd be mad to say either of the two were world beaters. However, I think you'd have to be equally as mad to think they're the source of all our problems and should be punted. For the last few years of shocking football, they've both been a small positive. Two home grown players who give 100% to the club, can play a bit and have consistently been two of our best players over the recent years (Hanlon has shown a lot of improvement over the last two years, especially last year before his initial injury). Currently, they are two of our best players. Currently, we're not where we want to be, or where we feel a club our size should be. If we do improve over the next few years (which I think we will with Dempster's approach to the complete revamp of our club), then we'll have better players, a better a squad, and be playing against better opposition in Europe. If either Paul Hanlon or Lewis Stevenson are not good enough for a good Hibs squad, then fair enough, we'll have to replace them if they can't reach our standards/are holding us back. But right now, they're two of the only players we have that actually adhere to any standard. They get the club, they play for the jersey and they would be very useful assets to our squad over the next few years. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Can't highlight but the bit bout Paul and Lewis 100%

Agreed. It's a mentality thing. He became complacent over his time here as he had no challenge to his spot to keep him on his toes, and he tailed off at the end of 2012/13. He definitely had quality when he first came and was one of our best players that season along with Sparky and Claros.

He's a young lad who complied to the negative, lethargic and ever-failing attitude of Hibernian Football Club. We were failing on the pitch, with negativity plaguing the whole club, and he's thought "**** it" and took his foot of the pedal.

He became fulfilled with a wage-packet and the George St scene. Again, another young laddie who thinks he's 'made it' because of the lifestyle as the football itself isn't worth a **** anymore and becomes secondary.

I hope he moves on, as his career and probably life has became stagnant, which reflects the club as a whole. This is ground zero for Hibernian and hopefully Ryan moves somewhere without that malaise and remembers what his career is meant to be about and makes the most of it.

Spot on. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm not one who normally criticises players but in this case I'll make an exception so please Ryan just go forth and multiply.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Just didn't work out Ryan. No offence but you never really gave a shioite about our club and we don't want players who don't give toss.

Left by mutual consent!
    And yet one has just signed for Fulham and the other Sheff Wed. The likes of Mark Reynolds has also had his move down south.

If Hanlons so good, where are the bids for him?
    Both players have been playing in good sides up here. Hanlon has pretty much never played in a good Hibernian side. Were Fulham not sniffing around him at some point as well?

It's for the best for all concerned that he moves on.

He was dreadful last season and a massive weak link in our team.

He also offers nothing going forward, apart from a massive hoof up the park which normally results in a loss of possession.

Hopefully Nelson will be the next one out the door.

First Team Breakthrough
    Just saying Hanlon constantly gets picked by big strong strikers and loses out most times.

But, he wouldn't have made the mistakes Nelson and McGivern did to relegate us.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    HOPE THIS IS TRUE .... NOTHING AGAINST THE GUY PERSONALY IT'S JUST HE IS SH##E AT FOOTBALL.....

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Hibs View Post
    Nelson, Hanlon and Stevenson next please
    Seen Hanlon leave the balmoral with his partner and Ally McCoist this afternoon.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    See when he was on loan he looked class. There was a game against hearts where he was CH and he won every ball and never put a foot wrong. Then we sign him and it all falls apart. Can't understand it he is not a bad player. Seen much worse players as a hibs fan. Can't put my finger on it. But he won't be missed that's for sure. Nelson next please

Left by mutual consent!
    If true McGivern's going then the new season is saved - Hallejulah !!. Just Nelson & Petrie to go and things will look positively rosey !!!

First Team Breakthrough Calum68's Avatar
    Best news I've had all week #taxiforryan