hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deserves the same respect he showed to us so I wish him well and every success in the future.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    Supposed model pro however all he did last season was hoof it and get booked for wild challenges especially the latter half of the season. Dreadful player in his time here. How folk can say he was decent baffles me

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Hibs View Post
    Supposed model pro however all he did last season was hoof it and get booked for wild challenges especially the latter half of the season. Dreadful player in his time here. How folk can say he was decent baffles me
    It's all about opinions mate, yours baffles me!

It's all about opinions mate, yours baffles me!
    Ditto
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I have respect for Alan Maybury.

I think he gave his best for the club.

However he should never have been signed for Hibs at his age, there has to have been better available and failing that it stopped a laddie getting a chance who now might not even be at the club.

Andy Black or Ryan Baptie for example.

Yes good luck to him. I was not a fan but he certainly won me over as far as being an honest hard working pro is concerned he was first class. If others with more abilty had as much endeavour we would not be in the position we are.

Respect and thanks for his efforts.

I think he was a model pro who never let the club down.

Good luck to him... Always tried and in the game at home to Hamilton looked like one of the players that really wanted us to stay up

Have to say, your attitude baffles me. Steven_Hibs is your user name but I can't remember any positive posts that you've made about the club. Very strange, IMHO

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He seems the type to go on and do well as a coach, I hope he does well but I'm glad he won't be playing for us next season.

We've had a few "shrinking violets" over the past few years and several opposition managers have spoken of the atmosphere at ER and how easy it is to get our fans on the players' backs. Several players have looked to wilt under this pressure.

Any impressionable youngster should look at Maybury as an example of how to block out drivel coming from the stands, rise above it and win over people with drive, effort and ability. Even in the face of diminishing physical ability he adapted his game to cope and gave a very decent account of himself. I'm delighted to see that his contribution to the club during a horrible period is generally being acknowledged and appreciated on this thread.

I wish him well and feel that Hibs' loss will be Falkirk's gain, both as a player and a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We've had a few "shrinking violets" over the past few years and several opposition managers have spoken of the atmosphere at ER and how easy it is to get our fans on the players' backs. Several players have looked to wilt under this pressure.

Any impressionable youngster should look at Maybury as an example of how to block out drivel coming from the stands, rise above it and win over people with drive, effort and ability. Even in the face of diminishing physical ability he adapted his game to cope and gave a very decent account of himself. I'm delighted to see that his contribution to the club during a horrible period is generally being acknowledged and appreciated on this thread.

I wish him well and feel that Hibs' loss will be Falkirk's gain, both as a player and a coach.
    I can't agree that he will be a loss as a player, he came in when needed and gave his all but we need better.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I can't agree that he will be a loss as a player, he came in when needed and gave his all but we need better.

Of course we do but he was a reliable experienced player and to be able to bring him into the team for injuries/suspensions would be ideal so for that reason I also think he will be a loss to our squad.

Hope he is a better coach than he was a right back

Of course we do but he was a reliable experienced player and to be able to bring him into the team for injuries/suspensions would be ideal so for that reason I also think he will be a loss to our squad.
    He was an experienced reliable player who didn't have the legs to get up and down the wing, it was noticeable when he played that he very rarely overlapped the right winger. I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at the guy, he came in and did the best he could, which was more than can be said of many others

Quote Originally Posted by st3vie View Post
    Hope he is a better coach than he was a right back
    If he is he will be an exceptional coach.

He was an experienced reliable player who didn't have the legs to get up and down the wing, it was noticeable when he played that he very rarely overlapped the right winger. I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at the guy, he came in and did the best he could, which was more than can be said of many others

I think he was found out a bit against the best, fastest players in the league (see the Celtic cup final) but he was still capable of performing well against the vast majority of his opponents in the SPFL. He'll be an asset for Falkirk in the Championship.

I also think that our fullbacks have been horribly exposed at times due to our grim lack of quality at wide midfield.