hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He could eat an apple thru a letter box
    Or corn on the cob through a chain link fence? :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

The most annoying thing is that photo of Suarez with his eyes screwed shut holding his teeth. Obviously trying to pretend it was the other guys fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    The most annoying thing is that photo of Suarez with his eyes screwed shut holding his teeth. Obviously trying to pretend it was the other guys fault. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Without a shadow of a doubt C10.

Should be immediately banned for remainder of WC and then a 2 year football playing ban for his 3rd biting offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Without a shadow of a doubt C10.

Should be immediately banned for remainder of WC and then a 2 year football playing ban for his 3rd biting offence.
    No, he should be jailed. It's assault and he has previous.

This whole episode is just odd to my mind. I agree it's just extraordinary that he would do this for a third time and he absolutely needs to be punished but it seems to me that the world press coverage has gone mental. Compare this episode to what - as an example - Roy Keane did to Alf Inge Haland. They don't even come close in terms of violence. Whilst Haland by his own admission had existing knee problems which contributed to him being pretty much finished after that tackle, the intent within Roy Keane was to inflict as much damage as he possibly could in that one tackle whereas Saurez is guilty, for the the most part, of an act of gross stupidity. My point is that an over the top tackle is likely to cause far more damage that a biting incident yet little is ever said about those.....

At 3-2, Messi wrongly claimed for a corner. As most people do, Enyeama waved a finger at him and they both laughed.

Enyeama was having none of it... They shook and play carried on.

ENYEAMA-MESSI.jpg

Messi class. Suarez rat.

[QUOTE=Cropley10;4076701]The most annoying thing is that photo of Suarez with his eyes screwed shut holding his teeth. Obviously trying to pretend it was the other guys fault.

give the man a break FFS.it can be very sore when you chomp down on a bone

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This whole episode is just odd to my mind. I agree it's just extraordinary that he would do this for a third time and he absolutely needs to be punished but it seems to me that the world press coverage has gone mental. Compare this episode to what - as an example - Roy Keane did to Alf Inge Haland. They don't even come close in terms of violence. Whilst Haland by his own admission had existing knee problems which contributed to him being pretty much finished after that tackle, the intent within Roy Keane was to inflict as much damage as he possibly could in that one tackle whereas Saurez is guilty, for the the most part, of an act of gross stupidity. My point is that an over the top tackle is likely to cause far more damage that a biting incident yet little is ever said about those.....
    But tackles are part of the game. There's gonna be one or two bad ones (to some extent) every match. Where as there is absolutely no need to ever bite a player. I see what you're saying, but I think this is the answer.

The media loves controversy like this because it allows them to get all self-righteous and noble about "the future of our game". Suarez is worth millions to lots of people - most notably the media themselves - so give him a ban or a big fine and move on. Blimey, rugby players get bitten all the time!

@hibs.net private member
    There's no doubt he has some issues, and deserves to be penalised for his actions...but the media and others vilification of this guy seems to be out of all proportion...this guy is not a "monster". i don't think the reaction would be as hateful if he was a british player...

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    There's no doubt he has some issues, and deserves to be penalised for his actions...but the media and others vilification of this guy seems to be out of all proportion...this guy is not a "monster". i don't think the reaction would be as hateful if he was a british player...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Inconclusive! ��

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    The media loves controversy like this because it allows them to get all self-righteous and noble about "the future of our game". Suarez is worth millions to lots of people - most notably the media themselves - so give him a ban or a big fine and move on. Blimey, rugby players get bitten all the time!
    The media loves controversy like this because it's unique in football and utterly cowardly.

Rugby players may get bitten "all the time" , but if it does happen, it's in the heat of the moment.

Suarez's 3 victims were passive or not paying direct attention to him when he bit them.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    I agree with most of what your saying, the reason i make the point of English hysteria is that these are the same people who, minutes after the conclusion of their defeat to Uruguay were asking the question 'should we have done a job on Suarez to take him out of the game'.
    If there are levels of acceptability in foul play, I find this idea of potential cheating worse than what Suarez has done.

Oh yes - I fully appreciate that point. The hypocrisy of Chiles, Lineker and the rest takes your breath away. Do they ever listen to what they're saying? Shearer's line really gets me - "We're too honest" he says - over and over and over again.

Suarez clearly has issues which need sorting. Too many apologists make excuses for him - Chiellini must have insulted his mother, the Italians are just as bad. Too many others just abuse him - he could eat an apple through a letterbox, it's because he's so ugly, he's just a wee Uruguayan thug, yadda yadda yadda .... His club and his country need to sit down with him and his advisers to find an answer - I reckon he did really well last season with Liverpool. Most of the diving and cheating at Anfield last season came from his upstanding (not!) English pals Sturridge and Sterling it was Sturridge who dived blatantly to get Vidic sent off, IIRC.

The wee guy is one of the two or three most gifted footballers in the world but every two or three years the mist descends and he tries to sink his gnashers into someone's shoulder. I can't think of any other player who's done this. He has to stop, but holier-than-thou sermonising from butt heads like Adrian Chiles and Gary Lineker isn't a positive input, to my mind. A bit like Alf Ramsey calling Argentina "animals" in that prissy elocution-trained voice of his - after a game when Nobby Stiles went all over Wembley kicking anything and everything in light blue and white as soon as it moved. You should have seen the job the wee scrote did on Eusebio in the semi. Ramsey later replaced Stiles with Norman Hunter, so he obviously knew an animal when he saw one.

And this WC there have been far too many cases of refs looking the other way when certain players from certain teams have gone steaming into an opponent with no reference to the ball at all.

Ironic to think that the guys who'll have the last word on Suarez are Blatter and Platini. Now THERE's a pair of real vampires ...

Inconclusive...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28023882

Top "Lawyers" too...

The games corrupt to fu..

First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    Inconclusive my arse. He is going to get away with it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The media loves controversy like this because it's unique in football and utterly cowardly.

Rugby players may get bitten "all the time" , but if it does happen, it's in the heat of the moment.

Suarez's 3 victims were passive or not paying direct attention to him when he bit them.
    Suarez is obviously in the heat of the moment also. Listened to 5 live last night and a BBC Brazilian correspondent was indicating that in South America most people were baffled by it all and seen it as a red card offence nothing more. Is it any worse than an over the ball tackle meant to hurt?

Blog Entries
    I can't understand the attempts here to play down and minimise his actions. What he did was horrific and totally premeditated and in addition the attempts of the Uruguayans to actually deny the offence or at best imply the 'normality' of the offence puts them a bad light. Strachan in the DR this morning gives an interesting 'explanation' of the Uruguayan 'football psyche' but there should be no acceptance of the worst aspects of their approach to the game.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Footballers (certainly British footballers) self-identify as warriors, with some kind of noble code on the field of battle. Shearer pretty much admitted last night that a sly elbow to an opponent's face is fair game because if they are grabbing hold of you "what are you going to do?"

Similarly, stamping or studs up challenges are accepted as fair game if you can get away with them. Yet there is moral outrage about spitting.

As for Suarez, I think it's pretty clear cut and the guy's World Cup is over. He clearly has issues managing his emotions in a game, but that's for another day. Fifa are going to throw the book at him, and Uruguay's attempts to deny anything happened are laughable and self-defeating.

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

Saurez a-go-go

I've thrown a few posts up taking the pish out of Saurez. Nevertheless, to take this issue seriously, I'd give the lad a six month ban from all football then move on. In that six months it would be up to him to sort his conduct out, not the Uruguay FA or Liverpool FC. He is a grown man for Christ's sake and folks should start treating him as such.

However, it is my suspicion FIFA will attempt to whitewash this affair as it doesn't suit them to do anything about it. Perhaps they will suspend a verdict until after the tournament? The whole affair is very gnawing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Oh yes - I fully appreciate that point. The hypocrisy of Chiles, Lineker and the rest takes your breath away. Do they ever listen to what they're saying? Shearer's line really gets me - "We're too honest" he says - over and over and over again.

Suarez clearly has issues which need sorting. Too many apologists make excuses for him - Chiellini must have insulted his mother, the Italians are just as bad. Too many others just abuse him - he could eat an apple through a letterbox, it's because he's so ugly, he's just a wee Uruguayan thug, yadda yadda yadda .... His club and his country need to sit down with him and his advisers to find an answer - I reckon he did really well last season with Liverpool. Most of the diving and cheating at Anfield last season came from his upstanding (not!) English pals Sturridge and Sterling it was Sturridge who dived blatantly to get Vidic sent off, IIRC.

The wee guy is one of the two or three most gifted footballers in the world but every two or three years the mist descends and he tries to sink his gnashers into someone's shoulder. I can't think of any other player who's done this. He has to stop, but holier-than-thou sermonising from butt heads like Adrian Chiles and Gary Lineker isn't a positive input, to my mind. A bit like Alf Ramsey calling Argentina "animals" in that prissy elocution-trained voice of his - after a game when Nobby Stiles went all over Wembley kicking anything and everything in light blue and white as soon as it moved. You should have seen the job the wee scrote did on Eusebio in the semi. Ramsey later replaced Stiles with Norman Hunter, so he obviously knew an animal when he saw one.

And this WC there have been far too many cases of refs looking the other way when certain players from certain teams have gone steaming into an opponent with no reference to the ball at all.

Ironic to think that the guys who'll have the last word on Suarez are Blatter and Platini. Now THERE's a pair of real vampires ...
    Agree totally with that, Shearer we are too nice and dont cheat enough, really. Can remember Lineker getting England through to the semi final of the World cup in 90 with 2 blatant dives to dump out Cameroon. Now that was really cheating.

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

Did he say something bad

It doesn't look like the Italian lad said anything to him and even if he did does it matter?

"Oh dear, did the nasty man say somfink naughty Luis ?"

Man up Saurez and stop reacting like a wee lassie who's had her pigtails pulled! I bet he nips.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis77 View Post
    It doesn't look like the Italian lad said anything to him and even if he did does it matter?

"Oh dear, did the nasty man say somfink naughty Luis ?"

Man up Saurez and stop reacting like a wee lassie who's had her pigtails pulled! I bet he nips.

"A wee lassie"? "I bet he nips"?

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mixumatosis View Post
    You can teach a dog or a nursery age child not to bite. If you can't teach Luis Suarez not to, after he's been caught for it twice before, then he simply should not be allowed to take the field. His actions are indefensible and he should be banned for good.
    Totally agree that LS can't be cured of his biting.

Unless maybe he has rabies.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I can't understand the attempts here to play down and minimise his actions. What he did was horrific and totally premeditated and in addition the attempts of the Uruguayans to actually deny the offence or at best imply the 'normality' of the offence puts them a bad light. Strachan in the DR this morning gives an interesting 'explanation' of the Uruguayan 'football psyche' but there should be no acceptance of the worst aspects of their approach to the game.

The usual sympathetic apologists and conspirators trying to make out its the media blowing it up... Kicking ballboys, spitting, biting - all acceptable in their eyes as "nobody dies"... Do us a favour.

Do that in the street youll be lucky to escape jail. Biting is for animals and not acceptable behaviour on the football field.

Left by mutual consent!
    Great player - shame he has the morals which would make him tailor-made for 'Castle Greyskull (though at 27 he's 10-15 years away from actually playing for them !). Imho, no action will be taken against Suarez. The tournament's in S.America, Uruguay are a S.American team - a large % of Sepp Blatter's 'supporters' (brown-envelope recipients) are S.American. Blatter & Co won't lose a minute's sleep over this !!.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    If we are going to force players to change shirts with blood on them for sanitary reasons, then biting must surely be intolerable as it would be a potential saliva/blood connection between biter and bitten.

Left by mutual consent!

what may happen

Do not have any inside info but i can see the following. Suarez gets 20 game International only ban. Uruguay appeal this and that is heard AFTER the world cup. Ban increased to 30 games. Suarez then retires from International Football. Sign's to play club football for Barcelona. Thoughts ????

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Blimey, rugby players get bitten all the time!
    Naw. They dinnae.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    i don't think the reaction would be as hateful if he was a british player...
    Why not?