hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not not like either of them!, do not want Stubbs! and to be honest i do not fancy this Leaane Dempster woman!, fortunately i do not live anywhere near ER! and will not have to see them for a very long time!
    hahaha and praise be for that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Hibtastic's Avatar
    I do not not like either of them!, do not want Stubbs! and to be honest i do not fancy this Leaane Dempster woman!, fortunately i do not live anywhere near ER! and will not have to see them for a very long time!
    FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Is it only a 1 year deal, just out of interest?
    Doesnt actually say... Full statement below...

Hibernian today confirmed Alan Stubbs has been appointed the club's Head Coach with immediate effect - taking charge for the forthcoming 2014/15 Scottish Championship season.
    Former Bolton, Celtic, Everton and Sunderland defender Stubbs, 42, arrives at Easter Road from Everton where he had been under-21 coach for six years and says he is excited about the challenge ahead.
    Stubbs said: "To be given this opportunity with Hibernian is a great privilege and a real honour - it is a massive club with huge potential.
    "I'm excited about the future here at Hibernian and what we can all achieve together at the club - this is the start of the journey.
    "The Scottish Championship will be a tough division, but I'm confident that if we approach the challenge with enthusiasm, optimism and belief then we can achieve success.
    "I've been at Everton for almost six years and now I believe I'm ready to take on the role of Head Coach here at Hibernian.
    "I would like to thank Everton for giving me the chance to take up this position with Hibernian and now I just can't wait to get started; helping the club to earn promotion."
    Chief Executive Leeann Dempster says she is thrilled to have Stubbs on board for next season and reveals he will play an integral role in the club's new structure.
    Leeann said: "There were strong candidates who applied for the position but after much consideration, Alan emerged as the stand-out choice.
    "It's important that the CEO and Head Coach are very much on the same page and that they forge a close working and trusting partnership.  I spoke with Alan and it became apparent early in the discussions that we had a common goal.
    "He is a driven, intelligent and strong-minded character, who has a very clear vision about what he wants to achieve in football - producing positive results, playing attractive football and developing young players.
    "All those attributes fitted the criteria we required and we're confident Alan is the right man to unite the club and bring success to Hibernian.
    "Alan will be our Head Coach and that is part of the new structure in place at the football club; a continental-style model designed for continued long-term success.
    "We would like to place on record our gratitude to Everton for allowing us to appoint Alan; they have been professional in every aspect of the discussion - a testament to how highly they thought of Alan within their own coaching staff.
    "Finally we would like to thank our supporters for their patience so far, as a club we can all now look ahead optimistically towards the start of the new season."
    Stubbs' first game in charge of Hibernian will be the club's pre-season friendly at Berwick Rangers on Saturday 12 July, kick off 3pm (admission prices, Adults: £10, Concessions: £5).
    Hibernian's new Head Coach will be introduced to the media at a conference staged at the Training Centre on Thursday.
    Images of our new Head Coach Alan Stubbs will appear here and also on the official Hibernian Facebook and Twitter @HibernianFCClub later this afternoon.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Good luck Alan, you have a hell of a job on your hands. Behind you and the team 100%.

Yes now its confirmend and even though I'm underwhelmed - ditto your sentiment!

"Alan will be our Head Coach and that is part of the new structure in place at the football club; a continental-style model designed for continued long-term success.

Taken from Hibs web, looks like LD will be in charge of contracts etc allowing him to concentrate on the coaching.

@hibs.net private member
    Shut up. Give your support to our team, players and management.

Welcome Alan - positive thinking from now on. All the negative Hibs fans can **** off as far as I am concerned.

Wait what have they done wrong to form such an early opinion?

All the best to both.
    Cougars!!!

LTYF

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    LTYF
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Doesnt actually say... Full statement below...

Hibernian today confirmed Alan Stubbs has been appointed the club's Head Coach with immediate effect - taking charge for the forthcoming 2014/15 Scottish Championship season.
    Former Bolton, Celtic, Everton and Sunderland defender Stubbs, 42, arrives at Easter Road from Everton where he had been under-21 coach for six years and says he is excited about the challenge ahead.
    Stubbs said: "To be given this opportunity with Hibernian is a great privilege and a real honour - it is a massive club with huge potential.
    "I'm excited about the future here at Hibernian and what we can all achieve together at the club - this is the start of the journey.
    "The Scottish Championship will be a tough division, but I'm confident that if we approach the challenge with enthusiasm, optimism and belief then we can achieve success.
    "I've been at Everton for almost six years and now I believe I'm ready to take on the role of Head Coach here at Hibernian.
    "I would like to thank Everton for giving me the chance to take up this position with Hibernian and now I just can't wait to get started; helping the club to earn promotion."
    Chief Executive Leeann Dempster says she is thrilled to have Stubbs on board for next season and reveals he will play an integral role in the club's new structure.
    Leeann said: "There were strong candidates who applied for the position but after much consideration, Alan emerged as the stand-out choice.
    "It's important that the CEO and Head Coach are very much on the same page and that they forge a close working and trusting partnership.  I spoke with Alan and it became apparent early in the discussions that we had a common goal.
    "He is a driven, intelligent and strong-minded character, who has a very clear vision about what he wants to achieve in football - producing positive results, playing attractive football and developing young players.
    "All those attributes fitted the criteria we required and we're confident Alan is the right man to unite the club and bring success to Hibernian.
    "We would like to place on record our gratitude to Everton for allowing us to appoint Alan; they have been professional in every aspect of the discussion - a testament to how highly they thought of Alan within their own coaching staff.
    "Finally we would like to thank our supporters for their patience so far, as a club we can all now look ahead optimistically towards the start of the new season."
    Stubbs' first game in charge of Hibernian will be the club's pre-season friendly at Berwick Rangers on Saturday 12 July, kick off 3pm (admission prices, Adults: £10, Concessions: £5).
    Hibernian's new Head Coach will be introduced to the media at a conference staged at the Training Centre on Thursday.
    Images of our new Head Coach Alan Stubbs will appear here and also on the official Hibernian Facebook and Twitter @HibernianFCClub later this afternoon.
    Suggests only a 1 year deal, perhaps being a bit more cautious after the 3 year deal given to Butcher.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Calm down, Rod.

Welcome Alan, nice to have a a fellow scouse (even if a blue one). Good luck and GGTTH!!

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Welcome and good luck Alan!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    You didnt really have to quote my post here did you? We are certainly not on the same page/book/library.

I'm right behind the new man and women in charge.

Welcome and best of luck Alan.

Good luck Alan Stubbs. Your arrival hasn't been made easy but I'm sure you'll be aware of the scale of the challenge ahead. All the best

Promising Youngster Scotty-1875's Avatar
    I'm sure you'll see them when we come to play hertz at The Wonga Dome.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

**** off you Jambo ****, go **** a pig in gorgie farm

Quote Originally Posted by paul_hfc3 View Post
    **** off you Jambo ****, go **** a pig in gorgie farm
    Funny I had the same reaction...

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Suggests only a 1 year deal, perhaps being a bit more cautious after the 3 year deal given to Butcher.
    Rolling contract

Good Luck Alan. A few decent signings and that pre season optimism will return. I'm not expecting Mowbray football but I have a feeling it will be closer to it than the TB style of hit and hope.

I reckon it's a decent appointment

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    So maybe LD looking after all the contracts and letting Stubbs just get on with coaching.
    That's how I read it, which is not a bad thing. Stubbs would give his list of player requirements to LD and she'd be charged with going out and getting them.

Your a welt pal. 2 weeks of posts about not getting repsonses to your "urgent" emails and then this.

A clown shoe

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    he's got the same birthday as me, I like him already

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This is a bit out of the blue. Didnt see it coming at all.
    :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough steino1875's Avatar
    Welcome Mr stubbs hopefully you can get us back were we belong p. s when will the friendly against Everton be