hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No it wasn't. He was hopeless and got us relegated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    How on earth can anyone still believe Butcher could turn this club around. He took a team that were mid table mediocrity to relegation fodder bereft of confidence and resorting to hoofball coupled with dreadful man management skills. He had chance after chance towards the end of the season to get the necessary points to keep us in the top division and failed at every turn. His assistant appeared to be more interested in exchanging obscenities with supporters instead of concentrating on getting a winning team on the park.

If Butcher was still our manager I'd be putting my mortgage on not getting out of the Championship next season.
    Oh he'd have got us out the Championship alright !!

If this is the new way of communicating with the fans then I am afraid LD has failed.. We read more about what is supposedly happening in the papers or on here than we get from Hibs .. Not a lot of improvement so far to see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    If this is the new way of communicating with the fans then I am afraid LD has failed.. We read more about what is supposedly happening in the papers or on here than we get from Hibs .. Not a lot of improvement so far to see!!!
    You're right, we get more news from here and in the papers about what is supposedly happening at Hibs.

Have a wee bit patience and wait to hear what is actually happening from the club itself.

Left by mutual consent!
    Supposedly happening though. Hibs will comment on what is actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by nribs View Post
    Supposedly happening though. Hibs will comment on what is actually happening.
    An update would help !!

An update would help !!
    Hibs are in the process of recruiting a manager. Does that help?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I think there needs to be a wee bit of understanding of the position the club may be in if for example say Stubb's assistant who initially said he would come decides he doesn't want to come. Sometimes these sort of negotiations can take time especially if Stubbs agent is at WC. I am sure in the next day or so some announcement will be made one way or the other. It would be wrong for the club to be making an announcement on what if's.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Hibs are in the process of recruiting a manager. Does that help?
    Nice one, but even the papers and on here tell us more .. And if it is not Stubbs then there has been some very strange leaks been made or poor assumptions .. But I doubt it !

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    It'll be his wages, the cynic in me knows Leanne picked him and went to the board with rod trying to lower his

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I think there needs to be a wee bit of understanding of the position the club may be in if for example say Stubb's assistant who initially said he would come decides he doesn't want to come. Sometimes these sort of negotiations can take time especially if Stubbs agent is at WC. I am sure in the next day or so some announcement will be made one way or the other. It would be wrong for the club to be making an announcement on what if's.
    They do not even have to go that far for me.

All the PR team needed to do was issue a statement to say to the effect: LD had carried out her initial review of the 40 applicants for the manager's position. Following interviews with the short listed four (?) candidates, LD has put her recommendation to the Board. Contractual negotiations are still ongoing with the preferred candidate and his agent and Hibernian FC hope to be in a position to announce our new manager as soon as negotiations are completed. In the meantime training at East Mains will be taken by __________

Instead we are left to read rumour and speculation in the media, a lot of which is picked up from .net.

The bile and negativity makes me wonder why I bothered joining this forum. It's tough being a Hibs fan at the best of times but theres just so much depression on here just now.
    Keep the faith
    Ps Stubbs, or A.N Other if they did have time to read these all you would see is their shoe size as they turn and run

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post

All the PR team needed to do was issue a statement to say to the effect: LD had carried out her initial review of the 40 applicants for the manager's position. Following interviews with the short listed four (?) candidates, LD has put her recommendation to the Board. Contractual negotiations are still ongoing with the preferred candidate and his agent and Hibernian FC hope to be in a position to announce our new manager as soon as negotiations are completed. In the meantime training at East Mains will be taken by __________

Instead we are left to read rumour and speculation in the media, a lot of which is picked up from .net.
    Totally agree ..

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post

Petrie Out, TurkishGreen In.

Nice one, but even the papers and on here tell us more .. And if it is not Stubbs then there has been some very strange leaks been made or poor assumptions .. But I doubt it !
    I don't understand why folk get worked up because a paper or poster says there will be an announcement on xday and it doesn't happen. If you get annoyed at the club after a paper or poster gets it wrong, you're directing your annoyance at the wrong place.

The club will announce news when it actually happens - no speculation, no bull****. I really don't want to see the club wasting wages on putting pointless updates like "The process continues" on the website though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I don't understand why folk get worked up because a paper or poster says there will be an announcement on xday and it doesn't happen. If you get annoyed at the club after a paper or poster gets it wrong, you're directing your annoyance at the wrong place.

The club will announce news when it actually happens - no speculation, no bull****. I really don't want to see the club wasting wages on putting pointless updates like "The process continues" on the website though.
    Totally agree. It will be announced when it is ready to be announced.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The poor communication between the club and fans astounds me. For a club that needs the support back quickly the club really is it's own worst enemy.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The poor communication between the club and fans astounds me. For a club that needs the support back quickly the club really is it's own worst enemy.
    What if there's nothing concrete to announce?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What if there's nothing concrete to announce?
    Although the club obviously cant announce things that havent been finalised, I think its a fair point that they should be looking to get the fans back on side. Its been a month since we were relegated and Im not sure anyone is any the wiser as to what the actual plans are for next season, or when things are even going to start moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    Although the club obviously cant announce things that havent been finalised, I think its a fair point that they should be looking to get the fans back on side. Its been a month since we were relegated and Im not sure anyone is any the wiser as to what the actual plans are for next season, or when things are even going to start moving forward.
    AFAIK, the plan is to get promoted.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    I know and I'm as frustrated as the next person, but official statements about grass growing don't really interest me either. I think that LD is savvy enough to know the need for positive news.

I phoned Hibs about 5 mins ago (24/06/2014 @ 14.05) to ask if there was any announcement due regarding a new manager and was told that any announcement will appear on the official Hibernian.fc website although she didn't give me any details when. I'd be very surprised if there's an announcement today, and I'm not even totally convinced that Stubbs is going to be the manager, all the stuff regarding him getting the managers job is pure speculation as far as I can see.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I phoned Hibs about 5 mins ago (24/06/2014 @ 14.05) to ask if there was any announcement due regarding a new manager and was told that any announcement will appear on the official Hibernian.fc website although she didn't give me any details when. I'd be very surprised if there's an announcement today, and I'm not even totally convinced that Stubbs is going to be the manager, all the stuff regarding him getting the managers job is pure speculation as far as I can see.
    Do you want to phone Hibs back and ask if we're signing anyone. Also, if you could ask what shade of green the new strip is going to be, that'd be great.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Do you want to phone Hibs back and ask if we're signing anyone. Also, if you could ask what shade of green the new strip is going to be, that'd be great.

;)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Why would Hibs tell a random person who phoned up something that has yet to be officially announced? Even telling you when an announcement will be made is, in essence, confirming the appointment. Someone has also put a picture of Stubbs at EM on another thread so it looks like it is happening!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    It is still my opinion that HIbs conduct their business properly. Announcements are made when there is something to actually announce. Anything in between, such as Hibs are still in the process of recruiting a manager would definitely be met with cries wondering why the hell they bother. Even if and even when Stubbs is announced there will be posts, and I could probably name some of those who will do it, saying why bother telling us something we already knew? Why is the Hibs site always so far behind the papers? Announcements will be made when there is something to announce. Patience is a virtue, be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    The worst Hibs set up in living memory, but hey, we'll all be happy clappers.

The truth hurts.

Your version does. You must be in agony
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    No it wasn't. He was hopeless and got us relegated.
    Woooooooooshhhh
    This is how it feels

So, how surprised were you then?

@hibs.net private member
    Do people actually do that ? Call Hibs to ask for press and PR plans ...jeez, I think Hibs should share a summary of the enquiries they get - I bet it would be a magnificent fun read !