hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also - I'd fine players for turning up to training like that. Every single member of staff should adhere to the dress code. They are given training gear and pre game gear. It should be worn.
    Hope this is a joke

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Hope this is a joke
    Nope. if you are on club business you should be in colours. Happens at nearly all youth clubs.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    They train maybe 3 or 4 hours per day 4 times a week. Then a matc at about 4 hours. I would imagine as well the fact they get paid during close season, season breaks etc when they are not actually working gets factored in as well. My point Is really that if this player is being offered £100 per week basic, then it's probably not illegal as some posters are claiming.
    An away match itself will easily count as 6hrs+

Close season = holidays. I think even footballers are entitled to them, even though they often have to work on public holidays.

Unless Hibs are going part-time, no player will be on as little as £100/week.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Nope. if you are on club business you should be in colours. Happens at nearly all youth clubs.
    they have just came back from holidays and won't pick up their new Nike training kit till the arive. You are just looking for reasons to have a go. Next it will be alex Harris's hair cut. Jeezo man they showed up to work in their own clothes before they even start and you want to fine them.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Also - I'd fine players for turning up to training like that. Every single member of staff should adhere to the dress code. They are given training gear and pre game gear. It should be worn.
    And they would have been given that gear yesterday and it will get worn for training days and match days, unless there has been cutbacks and they don't get it anymore.

What is the dress code at Hibs. ?

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by butchersdug View Post
    yeah i agree. He wont be on £100 a week, dont care what anyone says. Possible on £250/£300 but enough to get by on, especially when your probably staying at your mums and getting your tea made.

I have said on similar threads that when i was full time at a couple of SPL clubs, we were employees of the club. Which meant we training in mornings, had lunch, trained for an hour or in afternoon and were then on ground staff duty - either cleaning boots, changing rooms, kit. I'm not sure this happens now. The average footballer no longer has to "break in" his boots therefore usually wear a new pair every week. To me, double sessions are a must for anyone under 24/25. Not being ran into the ground but practise/practise/practise. Pirlo, Ronaldo, Beckham, Scholes etc trainied twice a day. Sooner we get a manager/culture where the players start to realise they can offer a lot more the better

It gave us a grounding and made you appreciate the luxuries when it came (training with 1st team). The pictures of Ross Caldwell, Harris, Forster swanning in on flip flops, kit in bin bags show a lack of personal pride a little bit. You should always have the attitude that you are constantly being montitored, assessed and evaluated. You are representing the club 24 hours a day
    Yeah, I was surprised to see them using bin bags to bring their gear in....ffs c'mon guys, they must have a kitbag in their house somewhere !?......whilst that looked ridiculous, I assumed it was because they were maybe going into the HTC to pick up their training gear, and that would include a bag and spare tops/shorts for the season ahead.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

First Team Breakthrough BVB Hibs's Avatar
    Can we not let this turn into Rowan Vines beard? Who cares how they show up outside the training ground? They'll all be getting into the same kit before training anyway. They're hardly going to travel down to EM in the stuff they'll be wearing for training.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised to see them using bin bags to bring their gear in....
    Usually you'd be using a bin bags to take your gear out.

Not one of them looked anywhere near respectable. Flip-flops??? Even at my son's youth club he must turn up to training in the club's track suit. On Saturdays he must turn up for games in white shirt and club tie.

For me this all stems from a lack of pride in the club from the players. Pride in the club needs to be instilled from grass-roots up. Pride costs nothing (RP would like that).

They should have the training gear on from last season. Its just basic discipline for players. Go along to any of the decent youth sides on a sunday or at training and they will be properly presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    they have just came back from holidays and won't pick up their new Nike training kit till the arive. You are just looking for reasons to have a go. Next it will be alex Harris's hair cut. Jeezo man they showed up to work in their own clothes before they even start and you want to fine them.
    If i was really just looking for reasons to have a go I'd come up with a lot stronger than that. Im not having a go. Jordon Forster turned up looking like he was going to training. The Venga Bus boys look like they are coming back from a stag weekend. Standards. I'll bet Forster is in better physical shape than most.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Usually you'd be using a bin bags to take your gear out.

Not one of them looked anywhere near respectable. Flip-flops??? Even at my son's youth club he must turn up to training in the club's track suit. On Saturdays he must turn up for games in white shirt and club tie.

For me this all stems from a lack of pride in the club from the players. Pride in the club needs to be instilled from grass-roots up. Pride costs nothing (RP would like that).
    When I played football at uni they had the same rules. I don't remember it making me play any better funnily enough...