hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Alan Stubbs - your thoughts?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overwhelmed

12 4.33%
  • Whelmed (re post from last week)

179 64.62%
  • Underwhelmed

86 31.05%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Alan Stubbs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I always thought this forum was for sharing of views and general discussion.
    Your belligerence over your particular point of view (that seems to only be stating that you disagree with the managerial appointment) and aggression towards those that don't share your views, doesn't seem to encourage further discussion or sharing of views.
    I think the combative style of your posts doesn't help an open debate and are pretty much what often turn people away from fans forums.
    Just my observation and opinion to which I believe I'm entitled (and entitled to be challenged on).

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't know how Alan Stubbs as manager will work out but, as a football fan and as a Hibby in particular, you need to be optimistic. I am and will be giving him my backing for the foreseeable future...

GGTTH

Why, thank you for your insight. Maybe you should read from my first post on this thread, which was a perfectly reasonable one where I didn't agree with the head coach appointment, was immediately followed by;

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Christ another one! ...
    Someone who didn't agree with my viewpoint ... but you don't seem to have taken issue with that response to my viewpoint?

I was belligerent, yes; I responded with belligerence to a belligerent post. So what? Subsequent posts were all like for like. Perhaps you should take issue with the initiators, if indeed you must take issue at all?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    Far from my first choice....but now we have him time will tell, very unenthusiastic about the appointment or him sorry!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Er, I think you'll find it was you who started it with the comments about my reading. I was merely replying to your arsey comment with a likewise arsey comment of clerriehibs standards.

As for me "being funny" no, I wasn't. I read perfectly well thank you and you were being ridiculous.

If we lose or draw in our first game we have no chance? Stupid stuff.
    Er, no, I think you weighed in with the smarterse misinterpretation;

So all we have to do to get promoted is win our first game?

Excellent news.
    Not what I said. I think we've nailed that lie, haven't we?

Left by mutual consent!
    I know we did, that's my point.

Clerriehibs thinks we can't get promoted if we don't win our first game. Not me.

Not what I said either. You just love this trolling, don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Why, thank you for your insight. Maybe you should read from my first post on this thread, which was a perfectly reasonable one where I didn't agree with the head coach appointment, was immediately followed by;

Someone who didn't agree with my viewpoint ... but you don't seem to have taken issue with that response to my viewpoint?

I was belligerent, yes; I responded with belligerence to a belligerent post. So what? Subsequent posts were all like for like. Perhaps you should take issue with the initiators, if indeed you must take issue at all?
    Thanks for your reply. I will not be taking issue with the initiators. I made my point and tbh this is 1 more post than I intended. I view brevity as a plus here...

Left by mutual consent!
    Not what I said either. You just love this trolling, don't you.
    Why don't you break it down for us mere mortals who clearly don't understand then?

What is your point?

Left by mutual consent!
    Why don't you break it down for us mere mortals who clearly don't understand then?

What is your point?

Read my first post again, mere mortal.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have. And it still reads like we have to win "on day one" (first game) or we're screwed.

Care to explain exactly where I'm going wrong?

Or are you going to continue to be an ********?

Guys, can you give it a rest please? Keep thinking there's news on AS and all it is is you two bickering

Left by mutual consent!
    Why would there be news on AS?

Don't you know he's already doomed after his first match?

Why would there be news on AS?

Don't you know he's already doomed after his first match?

Left by mutual consent!

I'm just trying to understand what CH is saying because apparently I have the wrong end of the stick.

So if CH or anybody else can do that for me I'd be delighted and I'll leave you to browse in peace.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    Far from my first choice....but now we have him time will tell, very unenthusiastic about the appointment or him sorry!
    Ureka! HK stands for Heckler and Koch!

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar
    IMHO Jose Mourinho, Louis van Gall nor Alex Ferguson could do anything with Hibernian at this point in time. Stubbs is on a hiding to nothing.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have. And it still reads like we have to win "on day one" (first game) or we're screwed.

Care to explain exactly where I'm going wrong?

Or are you going to continue to be an ********?
    There's nothing requiring explanation. You're either rather thick or a simple troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    PeeJay, could you elaborate on what you consider to be a 'bad start'
    It looks bad to me - seems to me that on joining the club LD should have ensured that an embargo was placed on incoming/outgoing players. How "she" allowed Butcher to dismiss 14-15 players before the club then decided to dismiss Butcher himself is simply inexplicable - if relegation was the reason Butcher got sacked, then he should have been sacked on day 1; if it wasn't relegation, but his salary in the Championship or his wish for a specific level of funding to get us out of the Championship at first go, or the fact he didn't have a concept that matched what LD/Petrie expect (?) then that too worries me, as we have now obviously gone for what is being sold as a fresh start, but what is actually, to all intents and purposes, a cheaper option with an untried manager. Instead of investing in a good squad and a manager with a record, we have no full squad and a manager who has never managed. Butcher has gone and Petrie is still here: personally I would have had it the other way round.

While Hearts and Rangers (who also have troubles) have been hard at work getting ready for the upcoming campaign, we have lost valuable time by failing to take the proper decisions. We now not only have an incomplete squad of players, we have also been forced to ask those originally told to go, that they should now return for the start of training! On top of that, we allowed, e.g. Keven Thompson to leave (although he wanted to stay and could have done a job for us), promising youngsters were told they could get placements elsewhere if something came up. I don't see any sense of purpose, ambition or determination to achieve promotion as soon as possible: it all seems a wee bit haphazard to me. Rather, than a club on course somewhere, I see a club that is floundering and badly adrift. I don't see any preparedness to invest properly in getting us out of the mess we are in, of course there wasn't any willingness to do anything similar while we were in the SPFL either where greater rewards were on the table (Europe, cups, financial gain), so nothing's changed there.

None of this looks to me like a club that has any sense of its own standing in the world of Scottish football - and for all her interviews (the ones I've read/heard), she has said nothing yet of any substance whatsoever about the pragmatic aspects of getting this club out of the miserable position it is in. I know some fans on here are already looking forward to the new manager, and a new season perhaps even full of fresh hope - I'm not. I think it's a bad start: I was shocked that we got relegated and nothing since that day has given me any confidence that this club is going anywhere except further down. I wish it wasn't the case, but that's the way I see it.

In a way you are also to blame for my frustrations with the club as I'm enjoying your "In Colours Green & White Vol. 2" book, which reminds me only too sorely how great a football club we once used to have ... having said all that, if the new manager and LD prove me wrong, I won't be complaining ...

Left by mutual consent!
    There's nothing requiring explanation. You're either rather thick or a simple troll.
    There we go with the stupid replies again.

I don't see anybody else explaining your post either so I'll put it down to me being right with my first instinct and you being too stubborn to admit your wrong.

If someone, or you, can show me where I'm going wrong I'll happily hold my hands up.

Left by mutual consent!
    You stated: "I want promoted within one season. That means starting off winning on day one" (which btw doesn't even make sense: "starting off winning" what?!)

Which to me reads: I want hibs to get promoted within one season. We need to win the first game to do so.

You stated - "Which to me reads: I want hibs to get promoted within one season. We need to win the first game to do so." Funnily enough, that's exactly what I meant

Oh look! You understood my point!How many times do you want to revisit this? You appear to have understood my point some time ago ... and yet you still post deliberately provocative misinterpretations.

There we go with the stupid replies again.

I don't see anybody else explaining your post either so I'll put it down to me being right with my first instinct and you being too stubborn to admit your wrong.

If someone, or you, can show me where I'm going wrong I'll happily hold my hands up.
    My replies may be stupid, but at least they're consistent, and not provocative misinterpretations.

Time to hold your hands up? Yes, you can.

Or, just continue with your trolling.

First 5 games:
    Livingston (H)
    Hearts (A)
    Falkirk (H)
    Alloa (A)
    Cowdenbeath (H)

Worse case for me is 8 out of 15 points (W2, D2 L1). Best case for me would be 11 pts (W3, D2. L0) But excellent if they could take all 15 pts.

I am a realist and do not expect Hibs to win the league given the current squad and remaining time until the Livi game, but I do expect them to go through by the play-offs - regardless who the opposition is. Maybe it will be a slow start to the season but hopefully Stubbs will have the team firing on all cylinders come April/May. You can but hope at this stage.

Left by mutual consent!
    Oh look! You understood my point!How many times do you want to revisit this? You appear to have understood my point some time ago ... and yet you still post deliberately provocative misinterpretations.

My replies may be stupid, but at least they're consistent, and not provocative misinterpretations.

Time to hold your hands up? Yes, you can.

Or, just continue with your trolling.
    Don't see where I've been provocative at all but okay.

What I fail to see is how my other posts differ from each other? Surely it's just different ways of saying the same thing?

Think we are missing the point here, do you like the polo shirt?

Some of you guys need to chill out a bit, have some patience and wait for The Stubbster to do the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Some of you guys need to chill out a bit, have some patience and wait for The Stubbster to do the business.
    So Beefster is that is .net 'Official' nickname for Alan Stubbs then??

As for patience B. Come on it's Hibs Net we are talking about! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    It looks bad to me - seems to me that on joining the club LD should have ensured that an embargo was placed on incoming/outgoing players. How "she" allowed Butcher to dismiss 14-15 players before the club then decided to dismiss Butcher himself is simply inexplicable - if relegation was the reason Butcher got sacked, then he should have been sacked on day 1; if it wasn't relegation, but his salary in the Championship or his wish for a specific level of funding to get us out of the Championship at first go, or the fact he didn't have a concept that matched what LD/Petrie expect (?) then that too worries me, as we have now obviously gone for what is being sold as a fresh start, but what is actually, to all intents and purposes, a cheaper option with an untried manager. Instead of investing in a good squad and a manager with a record, we have no full squad and a manager who has never managed. Butcher has gone and Petrie is still here: personally I would have had it the other way round.

While Hearts and Rangers (who also have troubles) have been hard at work getting ready for the upcoming campaign, we have lost valuable time by failing to take the proper decisions. We now not only have an incomplete squad of players, we have also been forced to ask those originally told to go, that they should now return for the start of training! On top of that, we allowed, e.g. Keven Thompson to leave (although he wanted to stay and could have done a job for us), promising youngsters were told they could get placements elsewhere if something came up. I don't see any sense of purpose, ambition or determination to achieve promotion as soon as possible: it all seems a wee bit haphazard to me. Rather, than a club on course somewhere, I see a club that is floundering and badly adrift. I don't see any preparedness to invest properly in getting us out of the mess we are in, of course there wasn't any willingness to do anything similar while we were in the SPFL either where greater rewards were on the table (Europe, cups, financial gain), so nothing's changed there.

None of this looks to me like a club that has any sense of its own standing in the world of Scottish football - and for all her interviews (the ones I've read/heard), she has said nothing yet of any substance whatsoever about the pragmatic aspects of getting this club out of the miserable position it is in. I know some fans on here are already looking forward to the new manager, and a new season perhaps even full of fresh hope - I'm not. I think it's a bad start: I was shocked that we got relegated and nothing since that day has given me any confidence that this club is going anywhere except further down. I wish it wasn't the case, but that's the way I see it.

In a way you are also to blame for my frustrations with the club as I'm enjoying your "In Colours Green & White Vol. 2" book, which reminds me only too sorely how great a football club we once used to have ... having said all that, if the new manager and LD prove me wrong, I won't be complaining ...
    Well, I asked you to expand and you sure have

I think blaming LD for not sacking TB sooner and for letting 14 players be dismissed is a bit unfair. The 14 players were at the end of their contract and with cost in mind, being that we'd dropped down a division, those contracts were not renewed. My belief is that these decisions were taken before LD was actually in post, no prizes for guessing who made them Let's be honest, it was known that these contracts were due to end, long before LD's appointment was made public and had the club/TB wanted to keep them, negotiations with agents would have gotten under way. As to Butchers dismissal, he was still under contract and had he not been, I reckon he'd have been dismissed too. LDS made it public that she wanted to discuss future plans with TB and my guess is he couldn't demonstrate that he would buy into her vision as CEO and so he was dismissed at LD's first opportunity.

As to the cheap option view I'm finding it difficult to agree. To my mind we have removed a couple of dinosaurs and brought in a freshness which we haven't seen since Tony Mowbray made a similar move, from coaching at a top English club to a first gig at management with Hibs. Bringing AS in, together with an assistant once identified, and a number of new players will all cost money.

I don't see us as floundering either TBH. We haven't signed anyone yet, that much is true but can you imagine the reaction if players had been brought in post Butcher and pre Stubbs? I honestly believe that things will start to happen at pace now. Much of that will be down to the dynamism of LD and the enthusiasm and ideas of AS.

I share your shock at our relegation although like many, I seen it coming from quite a way off. That abject failure was down to TB and MM together with players who had clearly stopped trying, that latter point, IMO, being down to the lack of any unity between the players and TB/MM.

Glad you're enjoying my book. I just wish we had even a few players of the calibre of the Tornadoes

To finish, my motto is onwards and upwards and I believe that's the way Hibs will go
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    So Beefster is that is .net 'Official' nickname for Alan Stubbs then??

As for patience B. Come on it's Hibs Net we are talking about! ;-)
    Has to be Stubbo!