hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the other hand, did she not say she liked "fast-foodflowing, pressing football" when asked what her ideal style was?

That sounds quite Butcherish.

One thing she did say yesterday was that she would like the ball to be played on the deck, no one likes to see the football that we have been playing for the last few years.

IMO Butcher got the tactics wrong continually asking for the ball to be hoofed up to the striker, that showed with us scoring the least goals in the premiership, the football was dire to watch and i believe that this has to fall on the shoulders as to why the manager should be removed, I could go on but everyone knows his biggest mistake was publicly saying the players were out in the summer. Poor management leads to no confidence and no morale.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
    Having seen the interviews by Leeann on Hibernian TV & when asked the question RE butcher i think the body language said a lot, Having met her in person yesterday i do believe that when they meet this week butcher will be surplus to requirements,

When she was approached we were 7th in the table with a chance of the top Six, between now and then whats happened and a believe that's what she will judge the performance of the manager on.
    She strikes me as rational and reasonable and on the basis that there are no rational reasons to support him remaining i'd suspect he's gone.

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    She strikes me as rational and reasonable and on the basis that there are no rational reasons to support him remaining i'd suspect he's gone.
    Exactly WI, if she supported him outright i do believe that would have been shown as soon as she took over the role. As she said yesterday that meeting she had with him on Monday was nothing really she was in post at MFC and emotions were running very high.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I've read some nonsense from some people on here trying to reinforce their argument by belittling his record at Inverness. It's been needless in my opinion, as you've just stated the most compelling argument for parting company with them.

We need total unity going forward and if a fresh squad is to get a fair chance and 100% support there needs to be no hangovers from relegation. It's all very well talking about fresh starts but when the going gets tough will we collectively turn on the management team? It's all about perception and association and wether they like it or not, they will always be associated with taking us down.

I wouldn't mind them staying as I recognise what they are capable of but the question that needs to be honestly asked by the board is wether it's now too late. Will this be a toxic presence next season?
    Sorry, i've seen what they are capable of.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Hopefully we find out on Monday

If he goes - id love to get McCall in

Cant see that happening at all though

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    My reading is that Butcher tried to resign but LD has asked him to take some time to calm down and think about it.

This constant cycle of new managers has to stop as it's crippling the club. Each new manager needs to get rid of the players brought in by the previous one and bring in players he wants. Butcher hasn't even had that chance yet.

I know that some say he should have done better with what he had but let's face it, the players were not up to it mentally and couldn't handle the pressure that we, the fans, heaped on them.
    The last paragraph is a joke right? Pressure of fans? We're not Barcelona!

SPFL survival and a home win against Hamilton was all we were asking in the end!!

I'm not sure when LD meeting with Butcher is although I'd guess its tomorrow. Given this weeks events I'm hoping / expecting the current management team exit ER & an announcement confirming Mon/Tues this week. Followed by an approach for McCall by end of week.
    i just can't see any way a management team that's clearly failed is allowed to continue under her stewardship.
    This alone will IMO give her instant credence throughout the support in her autonomy to act as she sees fit.
    Here's hoping & would definitely have my full backing

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post

SPFL survival and a home win against Hamilton was all we were asking in the end!!
    Or a draw. Or even a one goal defeat. Or even a win on penalties. Which we would have achieved if Butcher hadn't wasted our three substitutions on Harris (x2) and OTJ.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Stuart mccall

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rumours circulating online that Butcher's already been told his services will no longer be required, allegations that the meeting arranged is for the discussion of settlement. It's on the Hibernian FC rumours and transfers FB page. The guy posting it is the site admin and vlaims to have a source inside the club.
    I'll wait to hear anything official before believing a guy on FB but the page has a couple of thousand followers and the admin is laying his reputation on the line posting that

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Maybe we should copy the Spanish fans and wave white hankies at the team?

FWIW I think the pressure at Hibs IS greater than at many other Scottish clubs - the stands can get very angry and the players can hear all sorts of abuse from the idiots in our support.

However, it's also possible to impress us... get the ball down and play. Mon the return to a hard-working, well organised, brave Hibs team.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    I'm not sure when LD meeting with Butcher is although I'd guess its tomorrow. Given this weeks events I'm hoping / expecting the current management team exit ER & an announcement confirming Mon/Tues this week. Followed by an approach for McCall by end of week.
    i just can't see any way a management team that's clearly failed is allowed to continue under her stewardship.
    This alone will IMO give her instant credence throughout the support in her autonomy to act as she sees fit.
    When LD mentioned that she had spoken to Butcher and told him to go on leave and then meet her this week, does anyone else also think she asked (told) him to consider his position as manager? She did say there were too many emotions at the time to talk about the future.

I hope this works. It's the tb interview from talk sport . Go to the 6 min mark. I think he will still be at Hibs next season.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 HelveticaNeue;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red59\green59 \blue59;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl320\qc\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs34 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
    \
    }

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Yep just listened to it

Said he doesn't want to talk about last season but agreed with Alan Brazil that we will be looking to lick wounds and bounce back

Was interesting to hear him say he would like to see England play by breaking with pace down the sides and get balls into head and feet

No mention of Hoofball !

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    Yep just listened to it

Said he doesn't want to talk about last season but agreed with Alan Brazil that we will be looking to lick wounds and bounce back

Was interesting to hear him say he would like to see England play by breaking with pace down the sides and get balls into head and feet

No mention of Hoofball !
    What would he have said?

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE="Speedway;4053915"] What would he have said?

About Hibs or England ?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    hmmm, not convinced that means he is staying at all

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    hmmm, not convinced that means he is staying at all
    sounded more like he was going. Very short n sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    Well we will see soon enough. It may be that she has to consult the conduit and the conduit will have to step behind the curtain and consult with the owner and benefactor and then return and transmit the words of the owner and benefactor. Remember no one but the conduit is allowed into the presence of the owner and benefactor.

Aye, a fair point, we are not Barcelona but what other reason is there for our shocking home record over the past few seasons (not just Butcher and Fenlon).

I agree that the attitude was all wrong in the second game against Hamilton and he should have been able to do something about it.

Having read the replies to my original post, I can certainly see the other point of view but I can't forget how ICT played against us before he arrived - however, as has been pointed out, they were playing against us.