hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983

Confused

I love what I've heard from Leeann Dempster so far. She speaks volumes of sense and clearly has a direction she wants to move towards. I believe what she says and she has done more than Rod and co. In the space of a week than they have in 7 years.

Thing is, I'm pro #PetrieOut, I believe he has totally overstayed his welcome and overseen far to match mediocrity over his tenure. However, Leeann speaks passionately about the control she has, the notes from Pretty Boy (many thanks, btw!) cement this further.

Do any other supporters feel caught between a rock and hard place. I was never going back at the start of the week, In a short space of time (and as reality sets in and my love for all things Hibs!) I find myself warming to Dempster and wanting to blindly back the club.

I see both sides of the coin and sit somewhere in the middle!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Keep the pressure on.

Football is a results business - we need to see things changing very quickly.

Butcher's future - player signings - structural changes all need to happen fast.

Just because LD has started and speaks common sense, very well doesn't mean the non-Exec Chairman gets a free pass.

Im like dobo I want to believe everything thats being said from Ms Dempster and give backing to the club but I also want #petrieout i will reserve judgement for another few weeks and see and listen to what happens with regards to the coaching staff signing targets I dont think at this stage me not committing to a ST will make much difference to the budget but how many others think like me/us

I am confused as well. Todays protest was all about removing Petrie. Have we made any progress to this aim. The meeting with Demster was going ahead regardless of any protest. So far all that has been reported is exactly what i would have expected from a meeting to appease the fans.

Totally agree with OP and sums up how I feel.

For as long as Petrie is attached to the club, i just can't see any transparency and he's a massive grey cloud hanging over Leann.

She needs a clean slate to work with, I think its time forRod to now walk away, we can thank him for the infrastructure the club has but for the good of the club and to let the club move forward, Rod needs to walk away as hard as it might be for him.

The club needs to build for the Championship without the divide between The Board and the fans that is being created by Rod.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally agree with OP and sums up how I feel.

For as long as Petrie is attached to the club, i just can't see any transparency and he's a massive grey cloud hanging over Leann.

She needs a clean slate to work with, I think its time forRod to now walk away, we can thank him for the infrastructure the club has but for the good of the club and to let the club move forward, Rod needs to walk away as hard as it might be for him.

The club needs to build for the Championship without the divide between The Board and the fans that is being created by Rod.
    But if RP has taken a back seat, and LD must already be fed up of having to assure people that this is the case, isn't it an ongoing campaign that could cause any split?

Quote Originally Posted by garlic View Post
    I am confused as well. Todays protest was all about removing Petrie. Have we made any progress to this aim. The meeting with Demster was going ahead regardless of any protest. So far all that has been reported is exactly what i would have expected from a meeting to appease the fans.
    Appease the fans? That's strangely negative choice of words. The meeting was planned before the demo and was obviously meant for LD to introduce herself properly to the fans. Which it appears she has done in a very honest and positive manner. The main show was actually inside the building. What happened outside was a very clear demonstration of where the fans are regarding Petrie and in that respect it achieved it's aim. It's been a pretty good day really. There is still lot of work to be done but it looks like the whole Hibernian family is looking forwards tonight.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    But if RP has taken a back seat, and LD must already be fed up of having to assure people that this is the case, isn't it an ongoing campaign that could cause any split?
    Absolutely, Petrie must accept that these protests won't stop until he goes. It's is not benefitting the club at all and Petrie has to walk away before the protests get nastier and uglier the longer Petrie stays.

@hibs.net private member
    As much as I appreciate what Dempster is saying, I just don't trust the board, and petrie in particular, Dempster can say the right things, but if we still have rod ****ing petrie acting as conduit between club and absent owner, there's not a great deal of change, take this season, we were crying out for investment in a striker, imagine if Dempster was there at the beginning of the season, as she recognizes this too, gives the information to petrie to speak to the absent owner who then says no funds are being released, its back to square one, petrie has to go, his presence in any shape or form, doesn't do the club any good.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Petrie walking away would end any doubt

You're basically saying that you don't believe Leeann Dempster.

You're basically saying that you don't believe Leeann Dempster.
    I am saying that Petrie is a grey cloud hanging over our club that we can absolutely do without while we have to build a whole new squad for the Championship.

If he is adding nothing to the club, having no input, which I fully believe he isn't. Then why is he hanging about other than being stubborn and hindering our club by pissing off the fans.

I'm sure there would be a straightforward solution for him to give up/sell his 10% ownership.

I am saying that Petrie is a grey cloud hanging over our club that we can absolutely do without while we have to build a whole new squad for the Championship.

If he is adding nothing to the club, having no input, which I fully believe he isn't. Then why is he hanging about other than being stubborn and hindering our club by pissing off the fans.

I'm sure there would be a straightforward solution for him to give up/sell his 10% ownership.
    I don't think it's anything to do with his 10%, but everything to do with STF wanting him there.

As Pretty Boy has said in his notes from today's meeting, Leeann Dempster stated categorically that she is prepared to meet any fan who doesn't believe she has full autonomy at the club. That's if you don't think she may have more important things to do right now, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Appease the fans? That's strangely negative choice of words. The meeting was planned before the demo and was obviously meant for LD to introduce herself properly to the fans. Which it appears she has done in a very honest and positive manner. The main show was actually inside the building. What happened outside was a very clear demonstration of where the fans are regarding Petrie and in that respect it achieved it's aim. It's been a pretty good day really. There is still lot of work to be done but it looks like the whole Hibernian family is looking forwards tonight.
    I'm impressed by what has been said in the reports, and many thanks for the updates on line tonight. One thing still puzzles me. I always understood the role of chairman to be the main figurehead of a board and to have overall responsibility for what happens in the business. The posts I read tonight make out that Leanne Dempster has that responsibility and Rod is merely a conduit to the owner. OK it's some time since I retired but that's not how I remember it. Have things really changed? The thought of the chairman as a message boy is perverse! Why is he still there as Chairman if that is all he does? I can buy into what I hear Leanne say but not to this diminished role of a Chairman. Rod out now!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    As Pretty Boy has said in his notes from today's meeting, Leeann Dempster stated categorically that she is prepared to meet any fan who doesn't believe she has full autonomy at the club. That's if you don't think she may have more important things to do right now, of course....
    Can we have every meeting recorded and posted on you tube

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think there is room for a #Petrieout campaign whilst backing Leeann (both by trusting her to make changes and by buying season tickets) so that the club doesn't suffer.

I think if we, as a support, get fully behind her we are in a great place to push on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I don't think it's anything to do with his 10%, but everything to do with STF wanting him there.
    Why would STF want him there, if he has no input on the running of the club but only impact his presence at our club is having is a negative impact on the fans?

I find that hard to believe that a successful businessman that built up his business and sold it for $1.6 Billion could be thinking that keeping Petrie at our club is doing us any good.

I think the main reason is Petrie's stubbornness.
    Last edited by macca70; 07-06-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Why would STF want him there, if he has no input on the running of the club but only impact his presence at our club is having is a negative impact on the fans?

I find that hard to believe that a successful businessman that built up his business and sold it for $1.6 Billion could be thinking that keeping Petrie at our club is doing us any good.

I think the main reason is Petrie's stubbornness.
    Because STF rates RP very highly.

I think that if things advance/improve under LD to the satisfaction of the fans (as long as we remember to be a wee bit patient - she's not a miracle worker), then the negativity toward RP will become far less of an issue.

I look forward to a day when the board are almost never mentioned on here.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    With the comments on the board tonight compared to last night I would say the petrie out supporters are much less focused on that point than previously.
    If that is the case then Dempster has done a good job of appeasing the fans.

Because STF rates RP very highly.

I think that if things advance/improve under LD to the satisfaction of the fans (as long as we remember to be a wee bit patient - she's not a miracle worker), then the negativity toward RP will become far less of an issue.

I look forward to a day when the board are almost never mentioned on here.
    Not so sure that STF can 'Rate RP highly' with where he has led us to but I think they are in Cahoots. With the success in business STF has had, there is no way STF can think RP has done a good job.

With the 2500 protest today, that seems to only be the start of the protests/demonstrations against Petrie.

Even when LD does start to have a positive impact and get us heading in the right direction, for every day that Petrie remains at the club, the campaign to get rid of him escalates.
    Last edited by macca70; 07-06-2014 at 10:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    What's your honest opinion on it?

I don't believe in withholding my support from the club (to be honest I'm an infrequent visitor to Scotland these days so of limited financial value to the club) and few people are talking about a boycott to force Petrie out anyhow.

LD has made an impressive start and I trust her, but the culture at the club must change and there must remain doubts about whether this is possible. Many previous employees have tried and failed to change things at Hibs (remember Pat and all the good work he supposedly did behind the scenes?)

The owner obviously trusts Rod but as supporters we've been promised change time and time again and it simply hasn't happened (just look back at Rod's public statements over the past few years, which have all followed a similar theme). A new Chairman would help reinforce the message that the club is now moving in a fresh direction.

If STF believes in Petrie and Petrie refuses to go, then in reality there's little we can do about it without hurting the club's finances, and no one wants that. But really - Hibs have made far too many avoidable mistakes over recent seasons, mistakes that ended in relegation. Rod should go, and it's entirely right for the supporters to say this even if LD looks - finally - like the right person for the job.

My opinion? OK.

I believe the statements that the club issues. I know that there will often be a certain amount of spin but I don't think the board has ever lied to us. I think that with the no doubt expensive recruitment of TB & co., STF/RP/the board and the overwhelming majority of the support believed that we'd finally got the right man.

LD has confirmed that she was first approached by Hibs in March when relegation wasn't seen as any real threat. This for me shows an acknowledgement on their part that they weren't getting things right.

Now I don't know exactly why STF/RP are insisting on RP's continued presence, but I'm pretty sure that he's going nowhere in the short term and they're not going to budge on that. I do think though that this current shake up is the real deal and any ongoing Petrie Out campaign can only be destructive.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Thanks for that Peevemor.

I agree too that this 'wind of change' is genuine, and that our owner and chairman are good people who care about the club beyond their own narrow financial interest.

However, these changes were a long time in coming, after numerous previous promises to change the way the club worked had failed. I am also of the mind that we've got the wrong manager for the wrong reasons. We've paid a heavy price (embarrassing defeats, relegation etc) because the club has not been run properly.

In short: thanks Rod, but it's time to move on.

My opinion? OK.

I believe the statements that the club issues. I know that there will often be a certain amount of spin but I don't think the board has ever lied to us. I think that with the no doubt expensive recruitment of TB & co., STF/RP/the board and the overwhelming majority of the support believed that we'd finally got the right man.

LD has confirmed that she was first approached by Hibs in March when relegation wasn't seen as any real threat. This for me shows an acknowledgement on their part that they weren't getting things right.

Now I don't know exactly why STF/RP are insisting on RP's continued presence, but I'm pretty sure that he's going nowhere in the short term and they're not going to budge on that. I do think though that this current shake up is the real deal and any ongoing Petrie Out campaign can only be destructive.
    Yes, I agree with this.

I believe that STF sees a completed stadium and a fantastic training facility and reckons (probably rightly) that it's down to RP and his bookkeeping. Of course we believe it has been to the detriment of the playing side but STF is probably taking the (extremely) long term view.

First Team Breakthrough StokePogesHibs's Avatar
    I think if Rod does the right thing and resigns then Leeann will benefit from a wave of goodwill, support, and most importantly finance. She needs the cleanest slate to restructure and execute her turnaround plan. I don't think Hibs have the luxury, or cash, to have the guy accountable for the crash sticking around in any capacity.

Leeann, I love your messages and approach. I believe in you but there can be no passengers, or excess baggage, in a turnaround. The stakes are too high for a club in our position.

My opinion? OK.

I'm coming into this a bit late today, but I agree with Peevemor. I think it's time to hold judgement for a while and see how things unfold over the next 3-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    As much as I appreciate what Dempster is saying, I just don't trust the board, and petrie in particular, Dempster can say the right things, but if we still have rod ****ing petrie acting as conduit between club and absent owner, there's not a great deal of change, take this season, we were crying out for investment in a striker, imagine if Dempster was there at the beginning of the season, as she recognizes this too, gives the information to petrie to speak to the absent owner who then says no funds are being released, its back to square one, petrie has to go, his presence in any shape or form, doesn't do the club any good.
    The highlighted bit is what I just don't get - that and the 'appease the fans' comment. You don't trust the board? What is it that you think the board are trying to do? Why would they appoint Leeann Dempster - presumably at high cost to their employer - just so they can pull the wool over the supporters eyes? Do you really think they want the club to fail - it's a wee football club ffs, not the mafia - they are not the enemy, they have the same aim as the fans - unless you know otherwise.

Tell me what you think the board's intentions are that makes you distrust them.

Please.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobosz83 View Post
    I believe what she says and she has done more than Rod and co. In the space of a week than they have in 7 years.
    Sorry, but there's hyperbole, then there's single fish.

Left by mutual consent!
    It doesn't matter if anybody believes dempster or not. Petrie's time at this club has run out and he has to go. He can't be involved in any more decisions at this club.