hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boab1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    have said it before and i'll say it again. The protest was the first step and it was a great turnout by the fans who still, after everything that's happened, support the club and it showed. Unfortunately it won't have the effect of removing Petrie, only a boycott en masse will. The boycott is the logical next step and people must realise this. If we boycott ST sales then Petrie could be gone by the start of the season at which point we can all go back to supporting the club financially again. We need to hit him with the only currency he understands which is money.
    No organised boycott.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheart View Post
    Tin hat on but this Pertie out campaign will go nowhere as without STF removing RP then it won't happen. All this Taking Petrie out the equation and then suddenly Hibs will be winning and challenging at the top of the league is nonsense. What is needed is to let the new CEO do her job and make the changes required and for real Hibs supporters to put their hands in their pockets and buy season tickets to give the manager ( TB of whoever) the funds to buy the best players we can afford.

The he great unwashed from across town supported their team in need and that's what we need to do and get behind the club not wasting time and effort getting behind the lost cause that Kane and Reilly et al are pushing with absolute no direction or idea on what to do that RP won't go.

i have been a Hibee all my life a regular at ER for more than 40 Years and a season holder for 32 years no matter who is in charge I will always support my team both vocally and financially but will not support a group that have no real ideas (the can't tell anyone what they are) or direction.

So what was achieved today nothing the Chairman will stay and Leeann will put into action her plans with sensible input from the fans.
    Has anyone suggested that removing Petrie would automatically have us challenging at the top of the league? I also don't understand the argument made by you and a few other posters suggesting that supporting the Petrie out campaign somehow means we won't be supporting the club, I will be doing both.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenheart View Post
    Tin hat on but this Pertie out campaign will go nowhere as without STF removing RP then it won't happen. All this Taking Petrie out the equation and then suddenly Hibs will be winning and challenging at the top of the league is nonsense. What is needed is to let the new CEO do her job and make the changes required and for real Hibs supporters to put their hands in their pockets and buy season tickets to give the manager ( TB of whoever) the funds to buy the best players we can afford.

The he great unwashed from across town supported their team in need and that's what we need to do and get behind the club not wasting time and effort getting behind the lost cause that Kane and Reilly et al are pushing with absolute no direction or idea on what to do that RP won't go.

i have been a Hibee all my life a regular at ER for more than 40 Years and a season holder for 32 years no matter who is in charge I will always support my team both vocally and financially but will not support a group that have no real ideas (the can't tell anyone what they are) or direction.

So what was achieved today nothing the Chairman will stay and Leeann will put into action her plans with sensible input from the fans.
    Nobody, but nobody in or out of the Petrie out campaign has suggested getting him out will magically transform Hibs on the pitch. What does "real Hibs supporters" mean? ...... I don't support a boycott, but there are a small minority who do ....I would never suggest they were bad supporters, just dyed in the wool Hibbies who have suffered enough in their eyes.

As for using the Yam fans as an example to follow as supporters ...... don't make me laugh mate. We set the gold standard for that 23 years ago and by breaking the season attendance record for the first division the last time we went down. We still got 18,000 home fans for the Hamilton game even after a season of utter pish. Take my word for it, if we need lessons about sticking by our club it sure as hell aint from Gorgie!

As for your last sentence ....... Why would you give up on the war when you have won the first battle.