hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Put James in charge of 1st team and bin TB

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    If this is confirmed then it is bad news for the development of the young players, given that we won this league this year.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Give him a bigger role in regards to overall youth development and coaching at the Training Centre. Heck why not go full hog and allow him to take sessions with the first team.

Relegation comes with a price to pay. Very disappointing, and what really angers and totally frustrates me is that relegation could, and should, have been fairly easily avoided. A couple of wins. Was that too much to expect or achieve?

Couldn't even defend a two goal lead over a lower league side, at home, in front of nearly 18,000 of our fans.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Relegation comes with a price to pay. Very disappointing, and what really angers and totally frustrates me is that relegation could, and should, have been fairly easily avoided. A couple of wins. Was that too much to expect or achieve?

Couldn't even defend a two goal lead over a lower league side, at home, in front of nearly 18,000 of our fans.
    The consequences of that inglorious defeat are far reaching.

It's a pity it didn't seem to bother that gutless bunch of overpaid wasters.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    He tweeted a week or two ago that he was assured his job was not under threat, although he had previously posted he had concerns. Looks safe to me.

Be a massive loss if he goes, done a brilliant job with the u20s and hugely popular with the couple hibs youth lads I know.
    Surely the job of the U20 coach is to get players good enough to make an impact in the 1st team. In that respect he has not down a brilliant job. Winning a Mickey Mouse league does not count. The players who have through in the last 5 years have hardly been of the class of the golden generation

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Surely the job of the U20 coach is to get players good enough to make an impact in the 1st team. In that respect he has not down a brilliant job. Winning a Mickey Mouse league does not count. The players who have through in the last 5 years have hardly been of the class of the golden generation
    ??? Have you watched any of the u20s this year? beleive me james is highly regarded and if he is forced to leave Hibs he'll only go upwards.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Very disappointing. This is the impact of relegation. While others move on not having contributed as much as they should the sad reality is some people connected with Hibs end up out of work through no fault of their own. Sad stuff

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

Aint that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    Might be it's the overall cost of the playing staff on the books that need to be reduced.
    That appears to be the reason
    PURE AND SIMPLE COST !!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

This is my thoughts on the youth team too. The gap between being a successful youth player at Hibs to successful first team player at Hibs seems to be massive at the moment. A failing on the youth coaches part imho in not readying them physically and mentally for the demands of first team football.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

Couldn't agree more.
    I've obviously been fairly gutted about relegation but this is the start of it tipping over into proper anger.

The fact that Butcher may keep his job - and probably his salary - while cuts like this are being made when he is the prinicipal reason for us being relegated is galling in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    This is my thoughts on the youth team too. The gap between being a successful youth player at Hibs to successful first team player at Hibs seems to be massive at the moment. A failing on the youth coaches part imho in not readying them physically and mentally for the demands of first team football.
    His job is to coach the u20 team. If and when they play for the first team is up to the manager of the first team. Half of them should have been playing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    Same with every club !
    Alex Miller told me that if he got four out of every fortyodd boys under 17 he spotted who REALLY made it he was happy .
    About ten years ago I travelled on the plane to London alongside David Platt and he said exactly the same thing - 10/12 % of 17 year olds made it at top senior level !!
    While coaching obviously plays a large part in the development it depends so much on each individuals ability to learn and to use what they learn/are taught.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Same with every club !
    Alex Miller told me that if he got four out of every fortyodd boys under 17 he spotted who REALLY made it he was happy .
    About ten years ago I travelled on the plane to London alongside David Platt and he said exactly the same thing - 10/12 % of 17 year olds made it at top senior level !!
    While coaching obviously plays a large part in the development it depends so much on each individuals ability to learn and to use what they learn/are taught.

There is a story about John Collins giving a talk to one of the Falkirk youth teams when Yogi was in charge pretty much saying out of the group of 20 there are likely to be only about 2 that really make it. His message to them was, 'then what are you going to do to make yourself better that the other guys are not".

A shame as I would now expect players to be released from the U20s squad purely for cost cutting reasons.

I have watched pro-youth football for the 1995 age group since they were U13s due to my lad being involved. The two players in the current U20s that have impressed me the most are Jason Cummings and Ryan Baptie. Jason has made it to the 1st team but I see great things for Ryan. My son is a tricky right winger and played directly against Ryan at LB on many occasions. I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times my lad managed to get past Ryan and get the ball into the box. My personal opinion is that he will replaced McGivern (assuming he is still at the club) at LB next season.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    A shame as I would now expect players to be released from the U20s squad purely for cost cutting reasons.

I have watched pro-youth football for the 1995 age group since they were U13s due to my lad being involved. The two players in the current U20s that have impressed me the most are Jason Cummings and Ryan Baptie. Jason has made it to the 1st team but I see great things for Ryan. My son is a tricky right winger and played directly against Ryan at LB on many occasions. I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times my lad managed to get past Ryan and get the ball into the box. My personal opinion is that he will replaced McGivern (assuming he is still at the club) at LB next season.
    You say this group since under13s Jason Cummings joined Hibs at 17 and has just completed his first season at Hibs. Ryan Playing against teammates in bounce games is irrelevant and think there will be a new lb coming Callum Booth to start with.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steviehibsleith View Post
    You say this group since under13s Jason Cummings joined Hibs at 17 and has just completed his first season at Hibs. Ryan Playing against teammates in bounce games is irrelevant and think there will be a new lb coming Callum Booth to start with.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    The father you have quoted is talking about watching his son play at that age level, not that he definitely played for hibs. Many of the Hibs youth players knew Cummings before he came to hibs because he played for hearts and hutchie, when you watch youth football and follow a player through the years you tend to remember certain players

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It's unfair to judge youngsters coming into a first team that are playing poorly and lacking confidence. From what I can gather, Hibs youth teams do well enough at their level, so JMcD must be doing something right.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    U20's to 1st team is so cut throat. That's not just at Hibs trust me.

Nothing on official site regarding this, do they only publish "good news" stories?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    Put James in charge of 1st team and bin TB
    I said this just before butcher got the gig and was laughed at...... as far as i know he has progressed with hibs from u13's up for the last 7 or 8 years and we keep hearing how good the young team are and play nice attractive football

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Nothing on official site regarding this, do they only publish "good news" stories?
    It would seem so. Can't imagine they'd want to publish anything negative at the moment, given the feelings of supporters. I saw a tweet from the EOS league last night confirming the withdrawal from the league. I get why we've resigned, but it's a disaster for the young lads who took part, a lot of whom have also been emptied

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    Might be it's the overall cost of the playing staff on the books that need to be reduced.
    If the cost of this could be partially covered by the salary paid to R Petrie, I would sacrafice that first, before the EOS link.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I said this just before butcher got the gig and was laughed at...... as far as i know he has progressed with hibs from u13's up for the last 7 or 8 years and we keep hearing how good the young team are and play nice attractive football
    Let's put it this way can we play any worse than we have over the second half of the season

If TB is kept I will give him my backing to see how he does with a team that he builds

However if he fails after that I'd be more than happy to see JD get the gig

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If the cost of this could be partially covered by the salary paid to R Petrie, I would sacrafice that first, before the EOS link.
    But how could we possibly expect Leeann Dempster (an experienced CEO) to be able to communicate with the owner without a "conduit"?
    Do you know nothing of business?
    :D

On an equally flippant note maybe if we buy her a comedy Rod 'tache it would enable her to be able to speak directly to STF and we could punt Petrie?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    I've obviously been fairly gutted about relegation but this is the start of it tipping over into proper anger.

The fact that Butcher may keep his job - and probably his salary - while cuts like this are being made when he is the prinicipal reason for us being relegated is galling in the extreme.

@hibs.net private member
    What benefit was playing against a bunch of cloggers bringing the young laddies anyway? They'd gain more from playing in a proper reserve league.

What an absolute joke to withdraw this team.

How do all the other clubs in that league finance there teams. None of them have the priveledge to be connected to pro clubs.

They surely just need to train twice a week and play Saturday not as if they have to be full time.