hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    very good interview from Leeann, she is a breath of fresh air, accessible and open, my interpretation is Butcher will be staying as manager but what do i know

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ms Dempster speaks very well and certainly didn't dodge any questions.

I must say she didn't give much away regarding TB ..... hard to say what will happen IMO

When it comes to season tickets theres no doubt the club are going to want fans to pay Premier league prices. I'm OK with that TBH .... in the hope that for my £400 odd quid it wont work out at over £100 per home win next season.

But for me I just cant get past Rod Petrie ............. I would be a lot more confident in the new CEOs ability to carry out what she wants to do without him hovering in the background. As far as I'm concerned there is no need for him to be at the club apart from in the stand on match days as a spectator and at the AGM as 2nd biggest shareholder, and that's it. Conduit between her / the board and STF .... nonsense.

From the whole tone of that interview LDs idea is to change the whole ethos, outlook and attitude of the club. It seems bizarre that the man who presided over the whole shambles she has been brought in to sort will not only be in charge of the purse strings, but will in effect ( lets not kid ourselves ) be her boss.

No ..... If Petrie had any integrity and feeling for what is best for the future and unity of this football club he would leave .... it seems to me that he is quite happy to overlook whats best for the club to look after his own self interest.

For that reason I'll be there on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you are wrong with the part in bold......
    No

On this occasion I think he's right actually. There is absolutely no point in talking about Petrie to Leeann.

Leave it to Paul and the #PetrieOut team to take care of business

After watching both parts I can't help but feel anger towards RP!! She's shown him up big time! She actually answered questions rather than giving it a smug faced retort which didn't actually answer the question. In what must've taken an hour or so out her day she has given me more faith than RP ever has. I think she can actually make a difference at hibs and for the better!
    Now I hope her next announcement is TB has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    I wish she was called Kylie.
    Dare we ask why ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    To me it ain't anything to do with a wage

Just smacks of ego and need for power
    Spot on imo

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    I think you would have to be seventy or over to have seen us win the main league and almost a hundred and twenty to have seen us win the Scottish Cup, perhaps you are being a bit unkind to us over fifties
    Very unkind to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibdan12 View Post
    We need to support this girl because i feel this is the last chance salon and she talks a lot of sense, if we don't take heed and particularly the board don't take heed then i despair to think where we will be in years to come.
    This girl ! Please use her name and show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    No

On this occasion I think he's right actually. There is absolutely no point in talking about Petrie to Leeann.

Leave it to Paul and the #PetrieOut team to take care of business
    I agree.

Really positive interview and she makes a great first impression.

Several times either directly or by implication she refers to the failures in how the club has been run recently. How much things need to change and how some of the change she believes will be easy quick fixes.

Is it not somewhat bizarre then that the man responsible for running the club down into this position, is seen fit to remain on the board. Whilst I take her point that it's too simplistic to suggest everything will be fixed with removal of Petrie, surely he can see the huge benefits of moving on with what little dignity remains? If not then its clear he stays only out of self interest and we will simply force him out.

@hibs.net private member
    Talk is cheap, she ran a successful club at motherwell but can she step up at Hibs and will she be allowed too. Don't forget TB talks a good game. But failed to make the step up. That being said she does seem keen on supporter engagement. For me I want RP as it will lift the gloom over the place. Also not keen on allow the overpriced ST being give to TB to spend. If RP and TB are away then I'm happy to to give LD and a new manager additional money but if RP and TB are there then I want around £100 back of my £380

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Ms Dempster speaks very well and certainly didn't dodge any questions. I must say she didn't give much away regarding TB ..... hard to say what will happen IMO When it comes to season tickets theres no doubt the club are going to want fans to pay Premier league prices. I'm OK with that TBH .... in the hope that for my £400 odd quid it wont work out at over £100 per home win next season. But for me I just cant get past Rod Petrie ............. I would be a lot more confident in the new CEOs ability to carry out what she wants to do without him hovering in the background. As far as I'm concerned there is no need for him to be at the club apart from in the stand on match days as a spectator and at the AGM as 2nd biggest shareholder, and that's it. Conduit between her / the board and STF .... nonsense. From the whole tone of that interview LDs idea is to change the whole ethos, outlook and attitude of the club. It seems bizarre that the man who presided over the whole shambles she has been brought in to sort will not only be in charge of the purse strings, but will in effect ( lets not kid ourselves ) be her boss. No ..... If Petrie had any integrity and feeling for what is best for the future and unity of this football club he would leave .... it seems to me that he is quite happy to overlook whats best for the club to look after his own self interest. For that reason I'll be there on Saturday.

Key word re Petrie and Integrity is IF

He has none on the evidence to date

Go on KING ROD prove us all wrong and do the decent thing ..... Walk, stand down, step away to let Leeann show her worth, put whatever spin you want on it but just GTF

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Thought Leeanne came across very well and gave many right answers, having said that its easy to talk but you get the feeling she can walk the walk. If RP does try to get involved I doubt she will hang around.
    Glaringly obvious was her non committal to Terry continuing. It obvious she thinks there are major problems both on and off the field at our club, think there may be a bit of a shake up coming.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    Have tae say I like what she has tae say, listened tae both parts, makes a real change from the usual flannel, bull**** and complete ignorance. Think she could dae a job here, pity there's one issue remaining that is still so divisive and stopping everybody moving forward together.
    And it sums Petrie up in one, he has sent a woman in to do his dirty work.

The mans a coward.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    Key word re Petrie and Integrity is IF

He has none on the evidence to date

Go on KING ROD prove us all wrong and do the decent thing ..... Walk, stand down, step away to let Leeann show her worth, put whatever spin you want on it but just GTF

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I just dont understand the wavering on Butcher

There has been ample time to commit one way or t'other

I do wonder if stating she was standing behind the management team would have made today's meetings more than awkward....

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I just dont understand the wavering on Butcher

There has been ample time to commit one way or t'other

I do wonder if stating she was standing behind the management team would have made today's meetings more than awkward....
    Far more importantly IMO, if we sack him and Malpas, how much less will we have to spend on new players due to the compensation we would be paying out?

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't think she will sack him tbh, LD is waiting and hoping TB is gonna walk himself!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

The mans a coward.
    ??

The mans a coward.
    I think this post sums you up more than Petrie.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I don't really get that one G.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    BH not being a fan of women in football. Short sighted

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    ??
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    BH not being a fan of women in football. Short sighted
    After every **** up Petrie gets rid of the manager at the most convenient time to him to stop any real protests. The last guy (Fenlon) was mutually released from his duties.

Now because we have the next embarrassment, another disaster under his leadership. He's had to do something completely different. The mans a coward, and now he's brought a woman in to do his dirty work for him.

Petrie is a complete coward, a disgrace of a man who can see with his own eyes hes the one person who is dragging the club down, and until such times as he does **** off, the club WILL be divided whether he likes it or not.

Coward.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    Dare we ask why ?

Stella Artois, Men Behaving Badly etc.

Who is "we" by the way?

After every **** up Petrie gets rid of the manager at the most convenient time to him to stop any real protests. The last guy (Fenlon) was mutually released from his duties.

Now because we have the next embarrassment, another disaster under his leadership. He's had to do something completely different. The mans a coward, and now he's brought a woman in to do his dirty work for him.

Petrie is a complete coward, a disgrace of a man who can see with his own eyes hes the one person who is dragging the club down, and until such times as he does **** off, the club WILL be divided whether he likes it or not.

Coward.
    What's the relevance of Dempster's gender?

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Stella Artois, Men Behaving Badly etc.

Who is "we" by the way?
    Kylie and I.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    Kylie and I.
    You should be so lucky! (lucky, lucky, lucky..)
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    What's the relevance of Dempster's gender?
    None whatsoever, he's tried to pass the buck so many times before, now he's passing it onto a women to see if this softens the negativity.

FWIW i think she's saying ALL the right things, and i think she is a breath of fresh air, but while he's still lurking in the background, the smell will still be there.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    None whatsoever, he's tried to pass the buck so many times before, now he's passing it onto a women to see if this softens the negativity.

FWIW i think she's saying ALL the right things, and i think she is a breath of fresh air, but while he's still lurking in the background, the smell will still be there.
    But if Leeann is to be believed, and I see no reason why not, these negotiations to get her here started before we were relegation fodder. maybe he has realised he had gone far enough and it was time for someone else to take over?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

You're the first (and as far as I know) only person to bring up gender in this conversation. It would seem to be an issue for you and you alone.

Do you not think Petrie wanted to bring in the best football executive he could, and Ms Dempster fitted the bill? Does it really go any further than that?

I didn't sense Grant Stott or anybody else 'softening' their questions because she's a woman - and nor should she. Leeann Dempster has said repeatedly that she has the experience and ability to take on the job, and at the moment that does mean dealing with a tricky situation.

Lol although I agree with a lot of the points you've just made, you're still being sexist, but the other stuff I know is spoken from the heart and the points are well made too.

Nothing that Wind-eze won't solve.